Possibilities Of Moving To Phuket

SmellyCat

But the OP has specifically stated he wants to remain in Thailand on a long stay visa.. Hence the 40k marriage income issues.

My reply told him what is required to legalize both his work permit problem and his visa problem, thats the package solution.

No half truths. Finding ways around the rules, trying not to comply with all of them, doing visa runs to burma, and going begging for a new non B visa each year is surely more of a 'half truth' solution no ??

Hey up! I was only trying to indicate that that he didn't need to declare 50,000 Baht and employ a few Thais. If he is married to a Thai and can show 40,000 Baht/month income, then happy days. I was not suggesting anything illegal, just trying to suggest a possible alternative within the existing rules. Begging is hardly the phrase, with a valid work permit a non-imm B will be granted in Malaysia, just a pain in the arse.

I do not understand why the labour department and immigration can't find a way to sort this nonsense out. It serves no purpose, sending god knows how many people out of Thailand every three months becase immigration won't automatically grant a visa based on a valid work permit.

I would advise you to save enough in Farangland so that you don't have to work in Thailand.

And what would be enough money? Because I see no rules of the visa that if you have a certain amount of money that you do not need any income.

Plus it seems that house prices in Phuket increase rather fast and that it just seems more difficult each year.

I would advise you to save enough in Farangland so that you don't have to work in Thailand.

And what would be enough money? Because I see no rules of the visa that if you have a certain amount of money that you do not need any income.

Plus it seems that house prices in Phuket increase rather fast and that it just seems more difficult each year.

Just reckon on paying 2 to 10 times more than a Thai pays for everything and budget accordingly.