Two Women Killed In A High Speed Car Crash

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya One News: July 24th 2008

Two Women Killed in High Speed Car Crash.

The notorious Highway 36 road to Rayong claimed yet another two lives, this time in the early hours of Thursday morning near to the entrance of the Bira motor racing circuit. Banglamung police and Sawang Boriboon rescue workers were called out to the scene where they found two Thai females, one aged 25, the other 24, lying dead at the side of the road. They had been struck side-on after coming out of an intersection by a motor vehicle driven by a 51-year-old Thai man.

One of the deceased, Khun Duengnapa, worked as a caddy at the nearby Siam Country Club golf course. She had been on her way to work on the back of her friend’s motorbike when they came out of the intersection and clearly failed to see a car approaching at high speed. The resulting collision cost both females their lives.

The driver was on his way to work in Laem Chabang from his home in Rayong when the accident occurred. Witnesses claimed the driver had attempted the traditional flee the scene action but his car was too badly damaged to start.

The driver has been detained by police and will be charged with careless driving resulting in loss of life.

obviously i dont know the facts here but how come it was definitely careless driving that caused it.........they seem to blame car drivers everytime theres a death but hey if someone pulls out and crosses the road in front of you then surely its careless driving of the motorbike rider. no wonder everyone runs away at every bad accident,if they can.

too many bikes do dangerous driving and i have been very close to being in a serious accident thru no fault of mine,infact only due to my dilligence has there not been an accident. many times im turning right and a speeding motorcyclist is overtaking and i have stopped in time not to kill them. also why do they always smile or laugh everytime they nearly cause there own death by stupid riding.....this one il never understand.....its as if they want to die.

Someone needs to compensate the families of the deceased for the death of their relatives. By pretty much always blaming the car driver, the problem as to who pays is instantly solved. Voila. Right and wrong has very little to do with it.

obviously i dont know the facts here but how come it was definitely careless driving that caused it.........they seem to blame car drivers everytime theres a death but hey if someone pulls out and crosses the road in front of you then surely its careless driving of the motorbike rider. no wonder everyone runs away at every bad accident,if they can.

too many bikes do dangerous driving and i have been very close to being in a serious accident thru no fault of mine,infact only due to my dilligence has there not been an accident. many times im turning right and a speeding motorcyclist is overtaking and i have stopped in time not to kill them. also why do they always smile or laugh everytime they nearly cause there own death by stupid riding.....this one il never understand.....its as if they want to die.

That sounds like the same inverse logic that tropo applied to another accident a few weeks back where a young girl on a motorcycle got creamed side-on while crossing at the dangerous 'bypass' 4-ways back of the railroad tracks. His contention was it was the girls fault for being inexperienced and not being aware of the dangers of speeding cars and trucks. <deleted>? The girl dies being blamed for the fact that the driver of a larger, faster vehicle decided to totally ignore a Stop sign?

In this particular instance, the car driver is driving DURING THE LOCAL MORNING RUSH HOUR COMMUTE. He is already aware that there are many minor roads t-junctioning with his path of progress. He also knows from experience that like himself, most motorcycles, cars and trucks never, EVER wait for a break in the traffic to try and pull out or merge. They think, like him, that turning onto the hard shoulder slowly is alright regardless that there may be someone already overtaking or that there may be a motorcycle coming down the hard shoulder in contraflow. But, despite having all this local driving knowledge, he still insists on doing +100 kph?

How about you pair putting the shoe on the other foot? You clearly are aware that there are absolute idiots on any number of wheels all around you but you probably still insist on driving too fast for that particular scenario. Drive defensively, NOT like a local.

RIP the 2 lasses that gambled with the traffic and lost.

How about you pair putting the shoe on the other foot? You clearly are aware that there are absolute idiots on any number of wheels all around you but you probably still insist on driving too fast for that particular scenario. Drive defensively, NOT like a local.

Although I agree with your sentiment the logic does indeed apply to both parties.

The 'common sense' (seldom observed) of never putting your vehicle (bike, car or person) anywhere on the road unless you have been there first with your eyes and your brain does not seem to have been applied in this accident. From the TV footage I saw last night it seemed the car T bone broadsided the bike, the bike crossed the path of the car. The car was on the major road - the bike driver was at fault. Judged on the words and images I saw on TV.

I don't think there is an answer to the problem - as endless deaths occur - but no helmets are the 'street' rule and reckless driving is the norm.

Even if staged (models or dummies) I would place a typical road accident mock up complete with bodies and blood to re-enforce the idea of what an accident means to flesh and bone.

I don't think the car driver is always blamed (especially when 2 Thais are involved). More likely the driver was naturally detained for questioning pending more investigation of the circumstances surrounding the accident. The way it's stated, probably just a mangled translation to English from Thai about was occurred and the police's response.

Very sad for the young girls, whoever was at fault.

I don't think the car driver is always blamed (especially when 2 Thais are involved). More likely the driver was naturally detained for questioning pending more investigation of the circumstances surrounding the accident. The way it's stated, probably just a mangled translation to English from Thai about was occurred and the police's response.

Very sad for the young girls, whoever was at fault.

The OP does not make it clear if the girls on the bike were crossing the line of traffic or just turning into the road leading to the golf course, either way may of the vehicles in that area are inspired by the presence of the race track and manage an extra turn of speed on that hill. That corner is not the easiest to see when coming from Rayong in spite of the signs.

I guess there will be a few long faces at the golf course.

RIP