Dtac Get It Right

KKK

Just the other day a friend had his mobile phone stolen. The SIM was a DTAC Pre Paid Simple SIM. He had kept the packaging and took it to DTAC in Carrefour, Central Pattaya. They, without fuss, immediately issued him a new SIM with the old number and transferred the remaining balance from his old SIM to the new one. They then cancelled the old SIM. He also bought a new phone and hey presto he was back with a working phone using the stolen number.

Now that's what I call service. :o:D:D

I must say I too had excellent experiences with DTAC lately, though that was in Chiang Mai (Central AirPort).

I applied for their new POST-PAID FOR EVERYONE service, and though I obviously was the first foreign customer to apply for that, they tried hard to get everything done. after that, I had a couple of questions, and both times I called the DTAC-Hotline, I got a capable response from a hotline-agent who spoke fluent english without strange accent.

really cannot complain about them these days.....

I think all the GSM/SIM-based service providers (One-2-Call, DTAC/Happy, TrueMove) offer this service if notified within 30 days. At least there have been similar reports here to that effect. Some have mentioned a requiremnt for a police report but that does not seem like a universal requirement.

Which is how it should be... :D

If your looking for some poor customer service try and get them to give you a list of numbers dialed/received/SMS'd... They'll make out that all this info is deleted after 3 days which is complete BS for obvious reasons... :o

Detailed CDRs are available for post-paid subscribers. For pre-paid subscribers you should probably review the terms of your service contract with regards to CDRs. My guess is that there is detail re: record retention and availability. Whether it's three days or longer isn't obvious to me?

Just the other day a friend had his mobile phone stolen. The SIM was a DTAC Pre Paid Simple SIM. He had kept the packaging and took it to DTAC in Carrefour, Central Pattaya. They, without fuss, immediately issued him a new SIM with the old number and transferred the remaining balance from his old SIM to the new one. They then cancelled the old SIM. He also bought a new phone and hey presto he was back with a working phone using the stolen number.

Now that's what I call service. :o:D:D

I did that 3 1/2 years ago when my first phone was stolen. Had to go to the cops though to get a form filled in. Got my balance back too.

I am not sure what's more impressive: DTAC service for replacing a pre-paid SIM, or the fact that here is a Thread that does not contain any whining or complaining. :o

Seriously though, I didn't think that was possible with a prepaid SIM, going to keep the original packaging from now on. I guess I could also go register my existing SIM.

I actually think registering your SIM is good idea as it makes it easy for you to identify yourself as the real owner to the service provider in case you want to replace a lost or stolen SIM or otherwise modify your service offerings.

No need to keep the entire package, just the smallish label with the bar-coded information (P/N, SIM S/N, Phone No., EAN).

I have to say that in my limited experience both One-2-Call (pre-paid) and DTAC (post-paid) offer amazing customer service and support. The fact that they continue to honor long-expired promotions/pricing is just amazing, to me anyway. When I call or email with an issue I am overwhelmed by the responses and follow-up to insure satisfaction.

...I have to say that in my limited experience both One-2-Call (pre-paid) and DTAC (post-paid) offer amazing customer service and support...

Maybe it's simply "competition". Hence the monopoly called "True/UBC" with pathetic/non-existent customer service.

Which is how it should be... :D

If your looking for some poor customer service try and get them to give you a list of numbers dialed/received/SMS'd... They'll make out that all this info is deleted after 3 days which is complete BS for obvious reasons... :o

i can check this online at all times. I just changed to the post-paid SIM, which was made available to foreigners only recently. I have online access to check all calls and sms sent from my phone, and I do get a printed invoice each month, with all calls and sms listed (I applied for that, even its 15 Baht extra fee to get it sent to ur home, but I want it that way).

I registered a DTAC pre pay SIM about 4 years ago and lost the phone 6 months ago. Went to the shop and in minutes they had issued a new one. Had some trouble to get some numbers called back but did get some help and some history from DTAC in Bangkok.

Another SIM not registered was replaced the same way so I think anyone could do it even if you were not the real owner of the SIM !!!!!!

As Thailiban mentions. You no longer need a work permit to sign up with DTAC Postpaid, so that seems to me to be the best solution. For call details via web, roaming, no need to refill, etc.