Some 10,000 Pad-led Protesters Rally In Front Of Ptt Head Office

george

I knew it, it would come :o You people have spoken about vote buying done by PPP and TRT since years here in post after post. When someone asked how you know, answer have been Iv'e heard it or my sisters kusin saw it. Now when someone says that the PAD cronies pays people to join, we hear that it must be wrong, and that someone saw it, it's not good enough :D No, no, the PAD and the Democrates are all made up of saints :D It's beyond me how enyone can be so naive :D

What is naive is your constant grouping of the Democrats with the PAD. From time to time they may share the same beliefs, but to say they are one in the same shows your naivety in the subject you constantly comment on.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I knew it, it would come :D You people have spoken about vote buying done by PPP and TRT since years here in post after post. When someone asked how you know, answer have been Iv'e heard it or my sisters kusin saw it. Now when someone says that the PAD cronies pays people to join, we hear that it must be wrong, and that someone saw it, it's not good enough :D No, no, the PAD and the Democrates are all made up of saints :( It's beyond me how enyone can be so naive :D

What is naive is your constant grouping of the Democrats with the PAD. From time to time they may share the same beliefs, but to say they are one in the same shows your naivety in the subject you constantly comment on.

You know, maybe you are right, but I do not need to group them together, they are really good at that themselves, I do not think there is any question about who is on who's side :D

Why doesn't any of the pro PAD's here show some deprecation of the barbed wire on the streets. Do you see that as a normal thing for friendly demonstrations :o

Why doesn't any of the pro PAD's here show some deprecation of the barbed wire on the streets. Do you see that as a normal thing for friendly demonstrations :o

No, it's not a normal thing for friendly demonstrations. Of course, in a country where peaceful protesters can be brutally attacked by paid thugs armed with bats and knives, while the police standby and do nothing, it is understandable that they are concerned about their own safety.

No, it's not a normal thing for friendly demonstrations. Of course, in a country where peaceful protesters can be brutally attacked by paid thugs armed with bats and knives, while the police standby and do nothing, it is understandable that they are concerned about their own safety.

So why did they go out there in the first place, they wanted a reaction? Now they got a reaction! And as they continue it's not over yet, more to come for sure!

If it was the country's military force or government who cracked down on PAD, I would feel something about it, but the reaction came from the all around daily population of Thailand! That should tell PAD everything they need to know, PAD is not asked for, or wanted!

So why did they go out there in the first place, they wanted a reaction?

They wanted to express their right to peacefully protest the rampant corruption and human rights violations that are ongoing in Thailand. They have the right to do this without being physically attacked. If the anti PAD groups don't like what the PAD is saying, they have the right to set up peaceful counter demonstrations. They have thus far been unable to do this, only managing to gather together paid for armed mobs to intimidate and physically attack their opposition.

If it was the country's military force or government who cracked down on PAD, I would feel something about it

When the police stand by allow armed mobs of paid thugs to attack and attempt to murder members of the opposition engaging in a peaceful public protest, that IS the government cracking down on their political opposition.

They wanted to express their right to peacefully protest the rampant corruption and human rights violations that are ongoing in Thailand. They have the right to do this without being physically attacked. If the anti PAD groups don't like what the PAD is saying, they have the right to set up peaceful counter demonstrations. They have thus far been unable to do this, only managing to gather together paid for armed mobs to intimidate and physically attack their opposition.

If it was the country's military force or government who cracked down on PAD, I would feel something about it

When the police stand by allow armed mobs of paid thugs to attack and attempt to murder members of the opposition engaging in a peaceful public protest, that IS the government cracking down on their political opposition.

Sorry, I do not share you views on PAD at all! They are a group of anti democratic thugs! They do not belive in equlity, and they do not belive in equal voting rights! I also belive they pay people of to join them, so I can't see how they could be against corruption!

So how much damage do you think they should do to the country before someone have to say stop? Can we agree that PAD is in minority in Thailand? Why should the rest of Thailand accept them, as they damage the economy and cost taxpayers money? I for one would like to see my tax money get spent on more important things like health care and education for poor!

Equal voting rights? Yes, we see how much good that has done... :o

Democracy is the dictatorship of the majority. Or in this case, the dictatorship of the government paying off the majority...

It's not even a majority. PPP got 39% of the proportional vote, which is less than the democrats got, and 36% of the constituency vote. It's a minority, and they are now using their money, media intimidation, and physical violence to terrorize the people who would expose their corruption and human rights crimes to the world. They know they are unable to appeal based upon arguments, and are forced to take other measures to secure their power and prevent justice from being served upon them.

Edited by DP25

Democracy is the dictatorship of the majority. Or in this case, the dictatorship of the government paying off the majority...

Oophff, here we go again. You know all I have to say is that if you know anything about Thailand, you know that there has been vote buying since decades, (it is nothing current government or TRT government introduced to Thailand). With common Thai knowledge you will also know that people take money if offered (from PAD or PPP or TRT or what ever), but as they are not stupid, they will vote for what ever they think is right, and it sure ain't the Dems at the moment :D

Sorry, I do not share you views on PAD at all! They are a group of anti democratic thugs! They do not belive in equlity, and they do not belive in equal voting rights! I also belive they pay people of to join them, so I can't see how they could be against corruption!

So how much damage do you think they should do to the country before someone have to say stop? Can we agree that PAD is in minority in Thailand? Why should the rest of Thailand accept them, as they damage the economy and cost taxpayers money? I for one would like to see my tax money get spent on more important things like health care and education for poor!

From Dictionary.com:

Thugs = Cutthroat, Ruffians or Hoodlums

Does the PAD's speech and actions resembles any of the above?

Have you mistaken the pro-government Udon Lovers THUGS for the PAD?

By the way, probably the PAD do not believe in Jesus Christ either.

Shall we nail them to the cross so that you may light them on fire?

If not, how could you continue to support a so-called "democratically" elected government whom "allowed" the thugs to impose injury on a group of unarmed protester just because they do not believe the current nominee government?

Lastly, what have the PAD damaged so far other than causing some traffic congestions?

It's not even a majority. PPP got 39% of the proportional vote, which is less than the democrats got, and 36% of the constituency vote. It's a minority, and they are now using their money, media intimidation, and physical violence to terrorize the people who would expose their corruption and human rights crimes to the world. They know they are unable to appeal based upon arguments, and are forced to take other measures to secure their power and prevent justice from being served upon them.

Sorry I thought you and me talked about PAD, but now you start to talk about PPP and the Dems :o Are you changing subject? Why don't you answer my questions?

Oophff, here we go again. You know all I have to say is that if you know anything about Thailand, you know that there has been vote buying since decades, (it is nothing current government or TRT government introduced to Thailand). With common Thai knowledge you will also know that people take money if offered (from PAD or PPP or TRT or what ever), but as they are not stupid, they will vote for what ever they think is right, and it sure ain't the Dems at the moment :D

In this case, are you implying that "Vote Buying" has no influence on the voter's decision.

Then ALL the previous politicians must be STUPID to continue to "Buy Votes" for decades knowing that it has no influence on the voters decision at all?

So why did they go out there in the first place, they wanted a reaction? Now they got a reaction! And as they continue it's not over yet, more to come for sure!

Has it entered you head that attacking people and killing them is uncivilized behaviour and the perpetrators should be swiftly brought to justice to prevent any future incidents?

Unless you want to turn the country into Rwanda or Zimbabwe.

Edited by Plus

:o)-->

QUOTE (:D @ 2008-07-25 20:02:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From Dictionary.com:

Thugs = Cutthroat, Ruffians or Hoodlums

Does the PAD's speech and actions resembles any of the above?

Have you mistaken the pro-government Udon Lovers THUGS for the PAD?

By the way, probably the PAD do not believe in Jesus Christ either.

Shall we nail them to the cross so that you may light them on fire?

If not, how could you continue to support a so-called "democratically" elected government whom "allowed" the thugs to impose injury on a group of unarmed protester just because they do not believe the current nominee government?

Lastly, what have the PAD damaged so far other than causing some traffic congestions?

First of all, yes, my spelling is crap! I applogize for that! I have 5 lingos to handle, thats my only excuse :D So I don't know what to answer, but I think it costs money to have all this police officers out on "PAD duty", don't you? I think the government has handled this very soft till now. In most other countrys this kind of protesting with road blocking, barbed wires etc. would not be allowed!

Sorry I thought you and me talked about PAD, but now you start to talk about PPP and the Dems :D Are you changing subject? Why don't you answer my questions?

:D

Maybe that post wasn't in response to your post. You are the one that does not respond to points made in previous posts, not I. And there is nothing to answer with regards to your posts anyway. You support, or at least fail to condemn, the use of physical violence against unarmed protesters. I do not. Everyone, including the PAD, has the inherent right to free speech and to protest without interference from the government or paid mobs armed with weapons. The people who don't like what the PAD is saying, because it is a direct threat to their financial interests and possibly whether they will go to prison, can not use violence to shut up opinions they don't like. Let them hold their own protests and explain why all the charges against them are false. :o

.... I think the government has handled this very soft till now. In most other countrys this kind of protesting with road blocking, barbed wires etc. would not be allowed!

In most countries rampaging mobs clubbing people to death would not be allowed, too. In Thailand police does nothing and the government blames the violence on victims and fails to condemn the murderers.

In these circumstances barbed wire, which is a defensive measure, btw, is not that big of a deal. It was only mentioned briefly in one of the reports anyway.

First of all, yes, my spelling is crap! I applogize for that! I have 5 lingos to handle, thats my only excuse :D So I don't know what to answer, but I think it costs money to have all this police officers out on "PAD duty", don't you? I think the government has handled this very soft till now. In most other countrys this kind of protesting with road blocking, barbed wires etc. would not be allowed!

That's alright :o

In answer, presently there ISN'T A SINGLE Policeman at the PAD Rally Site, which the PAD Leaders find it a little "weird".

Right after the PAD was attacked at Udon Thani yesterday, Chamlong has hinted to take extra caution at their current PAD Site in BKK and to strengthen their own security; hence the barbed wire thingy comes into play...as it's now obvious to the PADs that they won't receive any protection from the police.

In other countries, when a rally reached the size the PAD had, most would have turned into a riot; but the PAD has managed to contain themselves to peaceful means so far EVEN WHEN PROVOKED.

Some 10,000 PAD-led protesters rally in front of PTT head office

BANGKOK: -- About 10,000 protesters led by the People's Alliance for Democracy rally in front of the head office of PTT Plc Friday morning.

The protesters gathered there at about 9 am.

Three PAD co-leaders, Sondhi Limthongkul, Somsak Kosaisuk and Somkiart Pongpaibool, arrived at the rally site at 10:30 am.

The protesters demanded the government to delist PTT and seize its back as a state enterprise.

-- The Nation 2008-07-25

Some numbers about the PAD protests:

300 Bahts per protester per day of protest. Plus free food and free daily transportation from provinces neighboring Bangkok. The mini-bus drivers get 3000 Bahts per load of protesters they bring with them.

Compare that with factory work, 200 Bahts per day for 8 hours on the production line, no free food, no sitting around chatting with your mates.

Protesting for the PAD is a nice job indeed.

Granted some protesters go for free. The words "useful fools" come to mind.

Provide your source.

Has it entered you head that attacking people and killing them is uncivilized behaviour and the perpetrators should be swiftly brought to justice to prevent any future incidents?

Unless you want to turn the country into Rwanda or Zimbabwe.

Plus, I thought I would not answer you first, but I am sure you are a nice guy, when not alone on your key board! We are all heroes in our boy rooms!

Baanthale, from your comments in this thread I understand that your idea of what "nice" is , is very different from mine.

Please tell me if I got it wrong, but you seems to have no problems with killing PAD supporters, none whatsoever.

I have an aquaintance who frequently goes to the PAD rallies. The last time I saw him, he asked if I could drop him off near the rally. I inquired as to why he was going because he has no interest in politics whatsoever. He said "because I get paid to go." He apparently gets money (I don't know how much) from someone who wants him to attend--a rather wealthy former employer. My friend is unemployed.

Please understand that this may be the act of an individual, it may not be a well organized payment scheme and it may not be authorized or administered by the PAD itself--I don't know--but there is some money changing hands.

I hope that your championing of peaceful assembly (with some inconvenience to the public), to free speech (albeit demanding the ruling regime be expelled), and to protest (including inferrences of corruption and malfeasance) will continue---- after the coming coup.

I have an aquaintance who frequently goes to the PAD rallies. The last time I saw him, he asked if I could drop him off near the rally. I inquired as to why he was going because he has no interest in politics whatsoever. He said "because I get paid to go." He apparently gets money (I don't know how much) from someone who wants him to attend--a rather wealthy former employer. My friend is unemployed.

Please understand that this may be the act of an individual, it may not be a well organized payment scheme and it may not be authorized or administered by the PAD itself--I don't know--but there is some money changing hands.

Nah, that's not enough! You know this people want it spelled out on ASTV, otherwise it's nothing worth :o

Some 10,000 PAD-led protesters rally in front of PTT head office

BANGKOK: -- About 10,000 protesters led by the People's Alliance for Democracy rally in front of the head office of PTT Plc Friday morning.

The protesters gathered there at about 9 am.

Three PAD co-leaders, Sondhi Limthongkul, Somsak Kosaisuk and Somkiart Pongpaibool, arrived at the rally site at 10:30 am.

The protesters demanded the government to delist PTT and seize its back as a state enterprise.

-- The Nation 2008-07-25

Some numbers about the PAD protests:

300 Bahts per protester per day of protest. Plus free food and free daily transportation from provinces neighboring Bangkok. The mini-bus drivers get 3000 Bahts per load of protesters they bring with them.

Compare that with factory work, 200 Bahts per day for 8 hours on the production line, no free food, no sitting around chatting with your mates.

Protesting for the PAD is a nice job indeed.

Granted some protesters go for free. The words "useful fools" come to mind.

This is not true. The PAD has much support in the provinces and doesn't require paid attendees.

Also - don't believe what the governor says about there being no fatality. This is another untruth. Damage limitation - I guess.

Thailand - the hub of cover-ups.

Baanthale, from your comments in this thread I understand that your idea of what "nice" is , is very different from mine.

Please tell me if I got it wrong, but you seems to have no problems with killing PAD supporters, none whatsoever.

You want to compare valuations? I am Swedish, so were have you got you values from? If you don't know Sweden, you can google it :o

Are you trying to say that it's normal for a Swedish person to observe an act of extreme violence and shrug it off - they had it coming.

I'm judging your values by your contributions here, not by your nationality.

baanthale.

I would like to as a simple question: Do you think that the PAD supporters deserved to be attacked, to the point of serious injuries and possibly one death. Do you think that they "Had it coming?"

Simple question. YES or NO please.

baanthale.

I would like to as a simple question: Do you think that the PAD supporters deserved to be attacked, to the point of serious injuries and possibly one death. Do you think that they "Had it coming?"

NO, but I understand why it happend, after all we are not in Europe now. You now, some people are just trying to make a living out here, avarage Thai salary is 6,000THB/month. This people are tierd of this on going fights about who's going to fill their pockets with most money. Most Thai's I know just want peace and unity!

"had it coming" was from someone who ripped out some text of I post a made, if he quoted the whole post, it would get another meaning.

baanthale.

NO- but let me ask you- if a Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan orders his starry eyed disciples to march through Compton in full robes- who is really to 'blame' when the shit comes down?