Hotel Near Kuala Lumpur's Lcc Terminal?

angelal

Hello!

I am flying from Bali to Chiang Mai, Thailand, and have a stop-over in Kuala Lumpur. I will arrive in KL at 11:15pm and fly out the next morning at 8:50am. I have time for nothing but sleeping, so can you recommend a cheap-yet-comfortable hotel in or near the airport? (I am flying Air Asia, so I assume I'll be flying in and out of the low cost carrier terminal.) The lower the cost of the hotel room, the better. I've Googled for hours, to no avail. Thanks for your help.

Hello!

I am flying from Bali to Chiang Mai, Thailand, and have a stop-over in Kuala Lumpur. I will arrive in KL at 11:15pm and fly out the next morning at 8:50am. I have time for nothing but sleeping, so can you recommend a cheap-yet-comfortable hotel in or near the airport? (I am flying Air Asia, so I assume I'll be flying in and out of the low cost carrier terminal.) The lower the cost of the hotel room, the better. I've Googled for hours, to no avail. Thanks for your help.

KLIA has the Concorde Airport Hotel.

It is not near the LCC but you have a bus that will take you over to the main terminal where you can take the free hotel shuttle, or if you have a little coin take a taxi directly there, will save you about 45 minutes.

Concorde also has a hotel in KL so when booking be sure you have the airport hotel. Also, it's nothing to write home about, kinda a dingy place, but for one night, what the hel_l, right?

It is not near the LCC but you have a bus that will take you over to the main terminal where you can take the free hotel shuttle, or if you have a little coin take a taxi directly there, will save you about 45 minutes.

Concorde also has a hotel in KL so when booking be sure you have the airport hotel. Also, it's nothing to write home about, kinda a dingy place, but for one night, what the hel_l, right?

Thanks. I saw that one online, but it's $75/night, and I was really hoping to find something for under $50. Any other ideas?

Thanks. I saw that one online, but it's $75/night, and I was really hoping to find something for under $50. Any other ideas?

well if you do anything expect take a bus out of the LCC you are going to drop miniumn $20 taxi out and another $20 in - so just keep that in mind

LCC and KLIA for that matter is in the middle of frickin nowhere.

there are no cheaper hotels out there than the Concorde..... NOT YET. within the next 12 months, AirAsia will open its own TUNE-HOTEL there, which makes lodging at KLIA much more affordable (and for sure they will have a shuttle service too)....

sorry that this doesnt help u much at the moment....

• 3 weeks later...

Mate if ya got a hour and a quarter for travel time LCCT to KL Sentral,you can grab the skybus [http://lcct.airasia.com/how.htm] direct into KL Sentral for $3 then pick all the hotels you want.

Air Asias own "TUNE" hotel is open in KL downtown but at MR 70,plus tax and Extra for a towell and for air con,its no bargain really..

Im using the Corona Inn at about $30 a night with Breakfast if you deal with them direct.

http://www.kl-hotels.com/coronainnkl/index.htm#rooms

If your stuck with the Concord at KLIA area,just grab a shuttle from the LCCT for 50 Cents to get you to KLIA.

Its all here:

Watch the taxis or you will get screwed,plus heaps of hours wasted.

http://lcct.airasia.com/how.htm

The KLIA area hotels pick up from KLIA for free I believe.

Thanks for the replies. I decided to just go with the Concorde. I found a booking site listing rooms for $51, so I booked one.

Bingo, that's going to save you time and headache.

You will find that you will get ripped off on the taxi ride back to the LCC (30MYR if I remember correctly), so if you can, find someone who is travelling early in the morning as well and split the fare.