Beach Road - Pattaya

monkeyinthesugarbowl

Well, Beach Road looks simply disgusting, It's actually an outright danger, even during daylight hours. If I did not feel sorry enough for the families that got sold a bill of goods to this 5 star paradise - I'm crying for them now. Add to this the beach erosion and this makes Pattaya one of the ugliest parts of S.E.A.

I'm laying low, finishing my visa here but I won't be back. The place used to be good fun and I'd come here to raise ###### and because it is/was so cheap. But I won't return. The city planners must be fekking morons.

Add to this the 1000 beer bars added and Thailand has hit a new low.

Pattaya a true environmental disaster.

Yes, Beach Road certainly is a bit of a moonscape at present, due to the laying of new water pipes, or whatever. It would be nice to think that the work would be finished in time for high season but it doesn't look as though this will happen.

It certain makes walking out at night an interesting experience - the main hazard is now getting a leg injury from falling into a hole whereas previously it was getting swiped by a mad motorbike taxi.

I'm sure that we shall all benefit from the work in the long term. Let's just hope that it doesn't drag on too long.

The quality of the road wouldn't be high on the list of important things of most tourists :D

Still It's true the timing is a bit off!!

But the again, timing never has been a strong point in Thailand :D

Anyway, hardly a reason to stay away, apart from package tourists expecting a 5 star holiday for a 0.5 star price :o

There is never a good time to start major work or improvments, people will always compain no matter what. I have been visiting thailand for 6 years.

Pattaya has undergone alot of work. I think the work is for the good.

ABout the prices, still very very cheap,

The only pain in the arse is trying to cross the road for a spot of fishing off the pier!!

I've been going there for 12 years now and I'm not even a monger. I just love the people and atmosphere of Pattaya. Its unique.

Places like Patters aren't supposed to be pretty. If you want pretty piss off to Ko Samui and listen to the backpackers and all of those posh English 'expats' bleating on with themselves.

What the original poster(who has disappeared)fails to realize is that they are doing this work to lay all the overhead cables underground,is to make the beach road more attractive and environment friendly.

I wonder what will happen in a few years when the pipes containing all the cables start to deteriorate, maybe there will be a bigger flash than all the gogo's put together :o

As for attractive and environment friendly it would be nice if some of the ladys who clean the prom could be detailed to remove rubbish from the water line