Wireless All In One Printers

Pappiklon

Thinking ofr buying a wireless all in one printer (print, copy, scan fax) but there seems to be few models here. The cheaper inkjet models seem to be very expensive per print in ink cost and I haven't come across any laser models that aren't really expensive. Have searched the Thai internet shops to little avail.

I'm also wondering whether I'd be better getting a All in One network printer as opposed to the wireless, and simply connecting that to my router, would that be difficult to do for a non tech person, I have 2 PC notebooks running here, plus a PC desktop (all running XP) and a Mac Mini running OSX 10.4.11, all have wirelesss connections to the router but I'm not set up as a network.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what I'd be better off doing before I make any foolish purchases.

Many Thanks

Has anyone got any suggestions on what I'd be better off doing before I make any foolish purchases.
Personally I prefer separate units, more flexible and I don't loose it all if the one unit fails, driver update doesn't work etc. Yes there are benifits to having one device as well I accept that.

But if you are looking to be doing more printing than scanning for example - consider the cost and availiblity of ink refills / replacements. (Can you refill the ink unit etc?)

I bought a Canon All-in-One over a year ago at Watana in Pattaya. About 8k at the time. Not wireless unit but has ethernet network connection for a lan.

I connect it to my wireless router and print and scan from either of two PC's via a wirelss connections to the router. No special network knowledge needed. I did set up the printer to a specific address rather than let the router assign one each time. Seems to work OK for me.

The printer is one of the MX 700 series. The ink is 4 tanks. Seems to work for me but I don't print but maybe 100 pages a month if i'm lucky

I have a very small Canon i70 that works with infrared or the USB cable. It is small enough to fit in the laptop bag along with my laptop. It uses two small ink tanks, a black and a color. They are not cheap, but are a lot cheaper than a self contained print head. It even prints acceptable photos.

I just bought a HP C7280 for 9,950 baht, So far I am fairly pleased with the Unit. Print quality is good and Photos are very good. fax and scan both good.

I have a Belkin N1 wireless router and two desktops and two laptops connected. The HP connected easily to the network and I have had no problems printing from the laptops upstairs.

The only Issue I had with this unit is I spent several hours trying to get my AVG firewall to play nice with it.

regards

Freddie