Animal Sanctuary For Kids To Visit

StrongView

I've held out for some time, but eventually caved and went with my wife and daughter to the Safari Park (drive through zoo) @ Safari World. As I've heard previously, the animals are in bad shape (open, bloody wounds; some limping; many look less than healthy). It got me thinking, I would love to take my family to a proper animal sanctuary (or similar establishment) that treated the animals well, and gave my daughter the opportunity to see (and possibly pet) some animals. Does anyone know of such a place in the Bangkok area? Thanks!

The Tiger Temple in Kanchanaburi is in fact taking care of numerous animals (deer etc.) which seem to be healthy and that you can pet. But this place has a bad reputation for the show around the tigers, so not sure if it's what you are looking for.

chok chai is fine for a day trip.

I didnt realize safari world was so bad, last time i was there - 2 years or so ago it was ok for thailand. There is also a zoo / park on the road just before pattaya, not sure of the name that used to be fairly ok.

I've held out for some time, but eventually caved and went with my wife and daughter to the Safari Park (drive through zoo) @ Safari World. As I've heard previously, the animals are in bad shape (open, bloody wounds; some limping; many look less than healthy). It got me thinking, I would love to take my family to a proper animal sanctuary (or similar establishment) that treated the animals well, and gave my daughter the opportunity to see (and possibly pet) some animals. Does anyone know of such a place in the Bangkok area? Thanks!

I've been to Safari World many times, and while some animals may appear a bit bored and/or waiting for their next meal, aside from ostrich's losing their feathers (which seems common in captivity), can't say i've ever seen anything approaching "animals are in bad shape (open, bloody wounds; some limping; many look less than healthy)"! My kinds always enjoy the drive through, and the main park is very big and has something for most people (i actually thought the zoo was quite good).

I've been to Safari World many times, and while some animals may appear a bit bored and/or waiting for their next meal, aside from ostrich's losing their feathers (which seems common in captivity), can't say i've ever seen anything approaching "animals are in bad shape (open, bloody wounds; some limping; many look less than healthy)"! My kinds always enjoy the drive through, and the main park is very big and has something for most people (i actually thought the zoo was quite good).

I last went in February and didn't see any animals with open, bloody wounds, limping or anything even close to it. My son loves it as do all my friends' kids. Will be going again this week. Since the renovations there is many excellent exhibits inside the park which look very well kept and the animals are seem healthy. (e.g. mini world - or is it micro-world? - giraffe feeding area, walruses, etc.

Also, I was at the tiger temple yesterday and did not think it was anywhere near as bad as what people are saying in the thread linked above. Since I last went 18 months ago there have been a lot of developments (admittedly with still a lot to go) and the tigers looked healthy.