Data Recovery Price

oljkt

Stupid me did not back up my data on my Macbook. I am in USA at the moment and they have quoted me $1250 to get it recovered from my damaged HD. I will be back in Phuket and am wondering if anyone knows someone that can do this and what the average price is?

I'd appreciate any information.

Thanks

Thank you. That is so nice to hear as I am feeling like such an idiot for getting myself into this situation.

x

Tell you what. I'd am so sure it would be like $20 - 50.00 USD that I am going to go by the Mac Store when I am at central.

DO NOT PAY THE $1250.00 USD.

I will have an answer for you later.

Recovering Data from a broken laptop mostly is an easy job. Laptops brake from problems with the logicboard, the cpu. Just take out the HD and put it in another computer and you have all data available.

A broken HD is a very difficult job, depending of the kind of damage. Time consuming. You need special software. The question is how much is it worth to you your data to be recovered.

Recovering Data from a broken laptop mostly is an easy job. Laptops brake from problems with the logicboard, the cpu. Just take out the HD and put it in another computer and you have all data available.

A broken HD is a very difficult job, depending of the kind of damage. Time consuming. You need special software. The question is how much is it worth to you your data to be recovered.

there is a computer guy in Chalong named Franz. That is probably him trying to gouge you on a smaller scale. Listen to flaming Todd instead.

PS Email Khun Pranit at [email protected] and see if he does data recovery or also

M2K Wireless Khun Koby [email protected]

Both of them speak and COMPREHEND English fluently.

Boater, who did you use?

Edited by MisterMan

There is a huge difference between data recovery and recovering data.  That being said, there is some data recovery software out there that you can buy and use yourself which recovers deleted data, overwritten data etc.  If you data has gone through a nuclear bomb per se, that requires much more expensive software and that is what data recovery experts use.  I've looked at prices and that type of software is not cheap. This is one of the reasons why "data recovery" is one of the most expensive keywords in PPC bidding (adwords, yahoo search marketing etc.) in that there is huge money in the biz.

Thanks MisterMan x : :o

there is a computer guy in Chalong named Franz. That is probably him trying to gouge you on a smaller scale. Listen to flaming Todd instead.

PS Email Khun Pranit at [email protected] and see if he does data recovery or also

Boater, who did you use?

500 baht. Can recover everything but the damaged sector.

Just need to bring in a storage medium to store the recovered data.

I used Mr. Comm, but for MAC's you have to visit the Mac store at Central

todd

Edited by flamingtodd

Boater, who did you use?

Hi

i used the computer shop just down the road from Cheng Talay police station ( next to the Doctors )

The actual guy in the shop could not do, but he called his brother into repair

My laptop would not even start up due to a virus, but he was able to get into my hard driver, take all the information, and re install my computer

Great Job, and only 500 THB!

This gut seems to be good

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.savemydrive.com/

If the hd is crashed you need a professional company with clean room and no way 500 baths can do the job.

It is possible the problem is nothing but you cannot know before and by giving it to a handy man can worst the problem.

send it to the company below , they are professional in bangkok and after a check they will give you an estimate.

can be between couple of thousands baths till a lot more if the head crashed for exemple but in 99% of the case even in case of a fire they can recover datas.

A while ago I made an enquiry to Phuket Data Wizards Co., Ltd., this was their reply:

Hello,

Hardware failure cases start from 4000 baht.

We will diagnose the drive first and then we will be able to tell the

exact price.

No data, no charge.

We are based near Wat Chalong.

Please call us 06-6827277.

Regards

Gregory Morozov

Data Recovery Engineer.

-----------------------------------------------

Phuket Data Wizards Co., Ltd.

2/11 Moo 7 Tambon Chalong Amphur Muang Phuket 83100

Mobile: +66-6-6827277

Tel/Fax: +66-76-383575

www.phuket-data-wizards.com

Email: ne-grusti ----A-T----- narod.ru

A while ago I made an enquiry to Phuket Data Wizards Co., Ltd., this was their reply:

Hello,

Hardware failure cases start from 4000 baht.

We will diagnose the drive first and then we will be able to tell the

exact price.

No data, no charge.

We are based near Wat Chalong.

Please call us 06-6827277.

Regards

Gregory Morozov

Data Recovery Engineer.

-----------------------------------------------

Phuket Data Wizards Co., Ltd.

2/11 Moo 7 Tambon Chalong Amphur Muang Phuket 83100

Mobile: +66-6-6827277

Tel/Fax: +66-76-383575

www.phuket-data-wizards.com

Email: ne-grusti ----A-T----- narod.ru

This is fair.

The guy knows there are some HDD failures that no brain or equipment can recover from. Instead of "diagnose and tell the exact price" it really means "diagnose and see if we can do anything and then tell you the price".

Dead HDD motor - they can fix it - change the motor.

Circuitry on the HDD assembly - they can probably fix unless bad sectors map holding chip is dead.

Oil leaking from the motor inside the platters causing "phanthom writes" - no recovery, that's HDD malfunction, data loss.

Head crash - no recovery, data loss.

If they can recover, then 4000B is a resonable expense for the user and nice earning for the company.

500B recovery could be for something trivial (power, bent pin) and may look like a magic to an uninitiated.