One Year Extension Based On Support

straight from the immigration website,

http://www.imm3.police.go.th/eng/eng_Applying_child.html

Applying for an extension for foreigner who supports or is being supported by a Thai national child

or a child who has residence in Thailand

Initial place to contact:

A non-immigrant visa "code O" must be obtained at the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad before entering the country.

Duration of the first permit:

As warranted by this visa, the applicant will receive permission to stay for 90 days.

Duration of extension:

If granted, its maximum extension will be for one year at a time.

Requirements:

1. Application Form (T.M. 7)

2. A copy of passport or document used in lieu of passport

3. The applicant’s 4x6 cm. photo.

4. Marriage certificate.

5. Extension fee, Baht 1,900.

6. Evidence to identify that the supporter or the one being supported has Thai nationality or is residing in Thailand.

7. Evidence to identify that the supporter or the one being supported has Thai nationality or residence in Thailand.

8. If the applicant is the supporter, he must submit financial evidence, proof of employment, work permit and tax receipts.

this is a question i get quite often is...can a farang show up with 400k + in a thai bank account and get an extension showing support for his thai child. or is it simply, "where is your wife? case closed"

relationship is on the rocks, seperated but not divorced, child stays with farang papa.

straight from the immigration website,

http://www.imm3.police.go.th/eng/eng_Applying_child.html

Applying for an extension for foreigner who supports or is being supported by a Thai national child

or a child who has residence in Thailand

Initial place to contact:

A non-immigrant visa "code O" must be obtained at the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad before entering the country.

Duration of the first permit:

As warranted by this visa, the applicant will receive permission to stay for 90 days.

Duration of extension:

If granted, its maximum extension will be for one year at a time.

Requirements:

1. Application Form (T.M. 7)

2. A copy of passport or document used in lieu of passport

3. The applicant’s 4x6 cm. photo.

4. Marriage certificate.

5. Extension fee, Baht 1,900.

6. Evidence to identify that the supporter or the one being supported has Thai nationality or is residing in Thailand.

7. Evidence to identify that the supporter or the one being supported has Thai nationality or residence in Thailand.

8. If the applicant is the supporter, he must submit financial evidence, proof of employment, work permit and tax receipts.

this is a question i get quite often is...can a farang show up with 400k + in a thai bank account and get an extension showing support for his thai child. or is it simply, "where is your wife? case closed"

relationship is on the rocks, seperated but not divorced, child stays with farang papa.

It happens Huski. But as with most dealings one has with the Thai bureaucracy, the rules can vary from office to office, and officer to officer. The applicant/s are advised to take the child along to immigration to negate the battered child thoughts

Take the birth certificate naming a farang parent on the document.

Although this thread does not apply to me as I am still married, a thought came to my mind, what would happen should my wife die in an accident.

Whilst my name is on the birth certificate it would be difficult to interview my son as he is only 3 months old.

Could we for example still live in the house and keep the land? His name is on the Tabien Baan as is mine as the father.

Just a thought ( not one of my best ) but it may happen to somebody somewhere.

edited by billd766 for bad spelling (again)

Although this thread does not apply to me as I am still married, a thought came to my mind, what would happen should my wife die in an accident.

Whilst my name is on the birth certificate it would be difficult to interview my son as he is only 3 months old.

Could we for example still live in the house and keep the land? His name is on the Tabien Baan as is mine as the father.

To look after a small child you would probably need help?

Take the carer along as well, and let her make a statement to the effect that you support and care for the child.

Even for married couples, the officers who do the home visit, like a statement from a local resident.

As you are named as the father on the birth certificate I do not forsee a problem.

As for the house, it depends on the ownership.

If it is in your wife's name, then has she made a will? Who does the house go to?

This is why I always advise the company route for house ownership as it protects

the farang in the event of the partner's death.

Do you have a residence permit? Otherwise I am curious as to how you name came to be on the Tabian Bahn?

when i went bkk immigration to extend my non o visa they told me they dont believe me that i stay with my daughter and take care her,i said"ok why not check with my neighbors"they said "it is not their business'so they made me to get "BEIRAP RONGBOOD"[im not sure i spelled it right]thats is a fatherhood declaration, took me 4 months u need to take a lawyer if they ask u to get that paper too,cost all together inc.interpreter about 14000baht,be sure u go early enough to extend,i was late and had to fly to Kl to get a new visa and of course they gave me only 3months non o,because im a big liar and bad farang who doesnt take his daughter,ok good luck

To look after a small child you would probably need help?

Take the carer along as well, and let her make a statement to the effect that you support and care for the child.

Even for married couples, the officers who do the home visit, like a statement from a local resident.

As you are named as the father on the birth certificate I do not forsee a problem.

As for the house, it depends on the ownership.

If it is in your wife's name, then has she made a will? Who does the house go to?

This is why I always advise the company route for house ownership as it protects

Do you have a residence permit? Otherwise I am curious as to how you name came to be on the Tabian Bahn?

Astral

I am named as the father on the birth certificate and when my wife went to register at the local Amphur in Klong Lan Lai, (she moved up from Samut Phrakan) she took the babys birth certificate and my passport and that is how I came to be on the Tabien Baan. Room 401, Immigration at Suan Plu have me registered as being there as well.

No I do not have a residence permit (yet) but I am working on it.

However, the house is in my wife's name and I don't think she has made a will yet.

Like a lot of Thais it is not something she wants to think about too much though I do remind her every month or so.

I am in BKK this week so I will chase it up again. (not much call for lawyers out in the sticks).

The baby is also on the Tabien Baan.

...As for the house, it depends on the ownership.

If it is in your wife's name, then has she made a will?  Who does the house go to?

Why not have the wife leave the land/house to their child? If the wife unexpectedly dies, he can be guardian and manage the affairs of the Thai child who won't gain control until later. Is this workable? :o

...As for the house, it depends on the ownership.

If it is in your wife's name, then has she made a will?  Who does the house go to?

Why not have the wife leave the land/house to their child? If the wife unexpectedly dies, he can be guardian and manage the affairs of the Thai child who won't gain control until later. Is this workable? :o

I seriously doubt it. Children do not even have the ability to open a bank account.

Unfortunately there is no concept of a Trust in Thailand.

If there were the house could be left in Trust for the child, until

he/she is reaches maturity.

Any such trust would have to be overseas, which rules out property.

Why not have the wife leave the land/house to their child? If the wife unexpectedly dies, he can be guardian and manage the affairs of the Thai child who won't gain control until later. Is this workable? unsure.gif

I asked the same questions, in case something happened and was told that the children would automatically inherit the house and that the land or house could not be sold until chidlren reach age of maturity. I, as the father of the 3 chilkdren could maitain the hosue, live there and of course receive annual extensions to my visa based onthe fact that I provide for the total support of the children.

My name is on all Birth Certificates as natural father and I have recently been told that my name can also be added to the house paper as a long term resident in the quarters.