Driving Directions To Hua Hin

jumnien

1. In Bangkok, get on the expressway and follow the signs to Dao Kanong.

2. Once over the bridge, follow the no. 35 signs all the way to the end (Very long road).

3. At the T-Junction, turn left towards Petchaburi. You'll be on national highway no.4

4. Once past Petchaburi, look for signs on the left that say Cha-Am and make the turn (Almost there!)

5. After Cha Am, another 10-15km will take you to Hua Hin and you're on your own from there unless you can tell me where you're staying!

All the signs are in English so should be a fun drive.

This route has been cover a few times within the past four months or so in the Pattaya and Issan forums.

Do a search.

Don't think most people would be looking for a route from BKK-Hua Hin in the Pattaya or the Issan forums, hench the OP's original question if he couldn't find it in the Cha Am and Hua Hin forum.

When you're exiting Bangkok on the freeway follow Dao Kanong until you see a sign for Samut Sakhon, then go that direction and you will cross the bridge onto Highway 35. (If you blindly continue to follow the Dao Kanong signs you will find yourself off the freeway into the town of Dao Kanong; this happened to me the first time!)

Take 35 to highway 4, and take 4 towards Petchaburi (not Ratchaburi). Keep going paying attention to the Cha-Am and Hua Hin signs after you pass Petchaburi and a smaller town called Tha Yang. You will turn off the main highway 4 to the left at the Cha-Am, Hua Hin sign onto the bypass highway (4) that will take you through Cha-Am and then about 20 minutes further to Hua Hin.

This route has been cover a few times within the past four months or so in the Pattaya and Issan forums.

Do a search.

Another wasted " do a search " posting whe somebody has already given the OP the answer. A lot of posters dot have the savvy knowlege of using the search feature and like myself dont want to read OLD posts when you can easily get an answer from a KIND knowledgeable poster. It annoys the hel_l out of me when people just post USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.

Rant over but stand by every word :o

Do a search.

Another wasted " do a search " posting whe somebody has already given the OP the answer. A lot of posters dot have the savvy knowlege of using the search feature and like myself dont want to read OLD posts when you can easily get an answer from a KIND knowledgeable poster. It annoys the hel_l out of me when people just post USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.

Rant over but stand by every word :D

Hear hear... if the miser :o able buggers don´t want to give an answer, they would do much better just to remain silent!!! :D

To those that suggest 'fresh' information should be written each and every time someone asks a driving question has probably never written a long informative post themselves in their time on Thai Visa.

I refer the OP to this post within such a recent driving thread.

Finding this post took all of 20 seconds using Thai Visa's (Google) search function using the word's "Driving, Hua Hin, Bangkok." Not too difficult.

To the nay sayers - if brains were gas you wouldn't make it off the drive! :o

Have a nice day.

To those that suggest 'fresh' information should be written each and every time someone asks a driving question has probably never written a long informative post themselves in their time on Thai Visa.

I refer the OP to this post within such a recent driving thread.

Finding this post took all of 20 seconds using Thai Visa's (Google) search function using the word's "Driving, Hua Hin, Bangkok." Not too difficult.

To the nay sayers - if brains were gas you wouldn't make it off the drive! :o

Have a nice day.

Using a few more brain cells you could say "Why not use Google Earth" :D

Cheers

post-4817-1217663610_thumb.png

If one lives between or in the area of the airport or Bang-Na one can use the new highway that leads from Chonburi-Bangkok highway , direction Bang-Na, direction Therapak Road (stay on the highway) and which will lead you aroung Bangkok Centre

to the exit direction Samut Sakhon

• 2 years later...

Great link and detailed instructions from Bkk to Cha-am but I cannot find similar directions from BKK airport (Suvarnabhum) to Hua Hin. I realise the second half of the map to Cha Am will be the same.

I want the directions from the airport which takes you past the statue olf the 3 headed elephant on the left hand side of the road about 10 or 15 minutes out of the airport.

Thanks.

In short: from the airport follow "Bangkok", then keep left and exit on Kanchanaphisek (towards Bangna). Follow Bangna, then when you see them follow the signs indicating Rama II (towards Dao Khanong and Samut Sakhon).

Quick map here.

Edited by Chaam local

In short: from the airport follow "Bangkok", then keep left and exit on Kanchanaphisek (towards Bangna). Follow Bangna, then when you see them follow the signs indicating Rama II (towards Dao Khanong and Samut Sakhon).

Quick map here.

Thanks Cha am local.