Where To Buy Chocolate Besides Grocery Stores?

Kakao on Sukhumvit Soi 24 is great. I do not like sweet chocolate and they have a nice range of bitter dark. Their hot chocolate is literally that...melted chocolate and delish. You can buy just 1 choccie to have with your drink if you wish and they are served beautifully on china dishes. Of course they also have the gift boxes etc. It's a great place for afternoon tea with visiting [sweettooth] relatives from home. They have a website, search for Kakao Cafe.

• 2 weeks later...
there's a specialty choco shop in the Paragon mall in BKK , also one in Pattaya just before you get to the beach on the main road down.

Mmmm chocolate.....

Need to find this location (Pattaya).

Most of the Cadbury's chocolate sold here is made for the Asian market and different from what is available in Europe. I know big surprise made for the Asian market here in Asia. However it is just not as good as the Cadbury's from Europe. :o

Some of the big hotels do good chocolate......one that comes to mind is the Marriott (on the river) ....they have a great cafe with a good selection......well they did when i went there some time back. I thnk they also supply the supermarket at Emporium.......a small shop within the supermarket and they sell some bakery as well as chocolate....

Another place with good chocs is the cafe at front of Landmark hotel on Sukumvit......good coffee good chocs and a good place to sit and watch the passing zoo !

If you walk out of Villa and turn right goin' back towards Soi Nana (Stay on the Odd numbers side) after you walk 'bout 3-5 blocks there's a Belgian Chocolatery on that side, I found very Fattening !!!

Cadbury Asia is different here because it is made with a Ingredient to help it stay firm & shapely , to help prevent it from melting & losing form....I found this out when I could not figure why Cadbury Duty Free from Australia was more expensive then in Penang Supermarket, made in Mal. or Sing.

any places that sell imported chocolates other than those found in all the grocery brands?

You dont say where you are but in Chiang Mai there are 'Miss Chocolate" shops.

Not Bad ,with pick your own from about 30-40 different chocs,fondant and/or liquid centres from 13-19 baht each

Your other choice is at the airports of course.When I go to Hong Kong my bag is full of chocolates,,,,can't get Bendicks Bittermints here. :o

chocolate to eat as sweets or to do baking, cooking?

I had bought chocolate for baking from Schmidt in Prakanong, Bangkok

this shop (company) sell many kind of ingredients for baking, also the equipments..

Chocolate, it has many kinds, varies %of cacao and many brands from many countries...

But you have to buy in a bit big quantity like 2kgs up...

The price is cheaper than buying in any supermarket because it is also the importer...

I am not sure this is inappropriate to say its phone no....

If you like to have no.... pls pm me... :o

• 7 months later...