In Thailand, Do You Usually Sleep In The Nude?

Jingthing

In Thailand, do you usually sleep in the nude?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, there is a recent news item of a deceased Britisher who was found in the nud_e. A poster asked why are so many farang bodies in Thailand found in the nud_e. I answered, because its hot and alot of us sleep naked. This was later doubted and noted that Thais don't usually sleep in the nud_e, so why do farangs. So, here is the test, yes?

By nud_e I mean naked. Nothing, no underwear and God forbid, no socks.

Edited by Jingthing

I have always slept nud_e..well, since about age 13 or so anyway.

The exception is when we stay at a house where we do not have a private bedroom...such as Mom's house :o

My Thai wife fussed a bit at first, "Thai people not like. Have sick". My response" "I am not Thai people and it is hot here."

Even on the northern Great Plains in USA, where I grew up and still have a house, in the winter...sleep nud_e, just pile on the blankets.

No I sleep in my underwear. when I was a teenager our house caught on fire in the middle of the night and i ended up running out of the house into the snow in my underwear. Would not have been nice if i was naked.

Well, your phobia is well justified, but if you keep some garments near the bed, that isn't really a problem.

I suppose a good reason to not sleep nud_e in Thailand is so that if you die in your sleep, your naked bum won't be plastered all over the internet (thanks to our wonderful local farang press who have no shame).

Edited by Jingthing

No I sleep in my underwear. when I was a teenager our house caught on fire in the middle of the night and i ended up running out of the house into the snow in my underwear. Would not have been nice if i was naked.

Well, your phobia is well justified, but if you keep some garments near the bed, that isn't really a problem.

I supposed a good reason to not sleep nud_e in Thailand is so that if you die in your sleep, your naked bum won't be plastered all over the internet (thanks to our wonderful local farang press who have no shame).

Agreed. I slept in the nud_e until I saw the Pattaya City News online.

I supposed a good reason to not sleep nud_e in Thailand is so that if you die in your sleep, your naked bum won't be plastered all over the internet (thanks to our wonderful local farang press who have no shame).

:o:D

I suppose a good reason to not sleep nud_e in Thailand is so that if you die in your sleep, your naked bum won't be plastered all over the internet (thanks to our wonderful local farang press who have no shame).

The clothes i took off before i went to bed were next to my bed. When you are in a dead sleep and you hear your father yelling FIRE FIRE then wake up and see nothing but smoke and fire you panic. At least i did and headed right for the door without a thought for my clothes.

The clothes i took off before i went to bed were next to my bed. When you are in a dead sleep and you hear your father yelling FIRE FIRE then wake up and see nothing but smoke and fire you panic. At least i did and headed right for the door without a thought for my clothes.
I see your point, for sure.

I see your point, for sure.

Besides does taking your bikini underwear off make you any cooler when you sleep?

Besides does taking your bikini underwear off make you any cooler when you sleep?

It feels good and natural to let it all hang out. I find I sleep better that way, back to the world of the womb, as it were. It seems the majority agree.

Edited by Jingthing

Well, perception is reality. Plus, who wants to fuss around removing clothing for those middle-of-the-night, impromptu fun-n-games sessions? :o

Makes sense. Yes perception is reality and when i do lose my underwear due to late night fun and games i always pull a sheet over myself. I still can not get over the thought of standing outside with my tally whacker hanging out for all the world to see so i go to bed with them on.

By the way, for the first year my wife and i were married she came to bed with ALL of her clothes on but did not put any back on after i took them off. Those were the good old days. :D

Edited by wolfmanjack

Well, perception is reality. Plus, who wants to fuss around removing clothing for those middle-of-the-night, impromptu fun-n-games sessions? :D

Makes sense. Yes perception is reality and when i do lose my underwear due to late night fun and games i always pull a sheet over myself. I still can not get over the thought of standing outside with my tally whacker hanging out for all the world to see so i go to bed with them on.

There is that...but then, I am not shy either :o

To be fair, I have not had a "fire experience" as you related previously...

Being a KIWI, here in New Zealand, there is a lot of island influence.

I have a lavalava, island name, for a piece of printed cotton, worn sarong style at my bedside ready for emergencies.

Yes had the fire experience, was using hose, nekkid, when brigade arrived, 0200 hrs.

House more important than my willie being displayed.

In hot weather the lavalava is great to wear, so cool, actually at home standard wear, all the family wore them.

Used in my digs when in LoS too.

Edited by Zpete

Naked for sure. Even in UK at winter time so no probs when in Thailand

And if you do feel a little cold just pull the Little lady Closer

Thats my excuse and I stick with it. Naked for me,

FIRE Yes must remember to install a smoke Detector

But not in the bedroom ( Too much Heat )

dont want it going off at the wrong time do we.

:o:D

Def a good reason not to, though prob doesnt matter if you are dead since you are beyond caring anyways. :D

thailand = big nasty mosquitos, so boxers always unless in a sealed aircon box, I came to this conclusion through very itchy and unpleasent learning curve of beach hut snoozing. good job i had started keeping them on a few nights later when had to leap out of bed to reppel a thief entering the room.

During the warm/hot seasons in the USA, I would always sleep in the nud_e but here, I wear jockie undies cause I am never sure if some female mossy might be looking to get a piece of me. :D

On a serious note, :D I was in Israel some 36 years ago, and while waiting for a local bus, I was invited by this beautiful young single woman who had a 1st floor apartment overlooking the bus stop. To make a long story short, we wound up going to sleep in the same bed based on the deal that we won't have any sex but she kept say how hot she was (because of the temperature or me ?), so she removed her nightgown, so all bets were off (and so was my shorts). :D:o