Mixing Visa Types

I have been a semi-regular visitor to LOS and wish to know how I can spend a longer time there. I am a British passport holder, under 30. Lovely Thai girlfriend but not married.

My last visit was from the 22nd of May to the 8th of June, on a turn up and get the stamp in my passport visa. Sorry I have no idea of the related type, B, O, XYZ! I wish to return in September for three or four weeks and again in December for 3 months. Now because there will not be a large gap between all of these dates when do I start and stop counting days?

Please help!

:o

Benjamin

You are allowed 90 days of visa-exempt stay within 6 months. Based on your travel history you start counting on 22 May, when you stayed for 18 days (both the date of arrival and the date of departure are counted. Your three weeks in September count for 21 or 22 days, depending on you flight dates. For your 3-month visit in December you can get a single-entry non-immigrant visa category O from an honorary consulate, which will give you permission to stay for 90 days. If you plan to stay longer, get a multiple entry non-O. An alternative would be a single-entry or double entry tourist visa giving you a 60-day permission to stay on each entry and after each entry you can apply in Thailand for an extension of stay for 30 days. Your stays in Thailand when entering with a non-O or tourist visa will not be counted against the limit of 90 days visa-exempt stay.

--

Maestro