Volunteer Farang Plod

ProfessorFart

Pat, are you sure that the tpvs have genuine Visas? Are they getting paid more than 50000 Bt a month?

Sunny

The real cops influence over the brothers at the Labour Department is around nil. Thus, I'd be inclined not to believe the tales. I think they have a license to steal and keep a bit for themselves. It's not about money, it's an ego thing ( in their own warped minds )

Volunteer plods in Pattaya

yes its all those whingers who write letters to the editor at pattayamail.

They should go home and volunteer their services there,they would last 20 mins

Pat, are you sure that the tpvs have genuine Visas? Are they getting paid more than 50000 Bt a month?

Sunny

The real cops influence over the brothers at the Labour Department is around nil. Thus, I'd be inclined not to believe the tales. I think they have a license to steal and keep a bit for themselves. It's not about money, it's an ego thing ( in their own warped minds )

Volunteer plods in Pattaya

yes its all those whingers who write letters to the editor at pattayamail.

They should go home and volunteer their services there,they would last 20 mins

Sunny

That 20 minutes would include travelling time :o

Thanks for the replies.

It seems very clear that these guys are jumped up no marks.

My first impression was that they may have actually have been providing a service of sorts but after reading these replies it seems that its all about ego.

What, if any, authority do they have in real terms? What on Earth possesed them to want to do such a thing?

I could understand if they were rooting out paedophiles or drug pushers, but it sounds like they just want to strut up and down Walking St thinking they're something out of CHIPS.

Please tell me they don't wear shades, have a night stick, and chew gum slowly...........

Thanks for the replies.

It seems very clear that these guys are jumped up no marks.

My first impression was that they may have actually have been providing a service of sorts but after reading these replies it seems that its all about ego.

What, if any, authority do they have in real terms? What on Earth possesed them to want to do such a thing?

I could understand if they were rooting out paedophiles or drug pushers, but it sounds like they just want to strut up and down Walking St thinking they're something out of CHIPS.

Please tell me they don't wear shades, have a night stick, and chew gum slowly...........

And declare 'emselves faithful to Lord Baden Powell. Be Prepared :o

Humm...the TPV are an insult to every law abiding boy scout!

Yes, but they seem to have a awe-inspiring collection of merit badges! :o

Dr Pong, I think you are out of line with the "moo" reference. Any civilized society is going to require a well-trained and respectable police force.

But it seems apparent that the TPV's are neither and hence garner more than their share of malice because of it.

I have no time for a group of untrained and pompous wannabes searching for that respect they never got back in the real world.

And anyone with a work permit knows that immigration issues thrm for a particular type of job at a certain location. Obviously TPV's would be in violation of the law, whether they are doing anything of worth (debateable) or not. Paid or unpaid, same same.

The character in the middle of the picture below was very prominent most evenings in October on Walking St of this year. I'm not talking about the real police on the right or the pooying on the left who was my excuse for taking the picture! Anyone know him?

87DSC01230.JPG

(Yeah Dave, it's me!)

~WISteve

Yes, but they seem to have a awe-inspiring collection of merit badges! :o

Dr Pong, I think you are out of line with the "moo" reference. Any civilized society is going to require a well-trained and respectable police force.

But it seems apparent that the TPV's are neither and hence garner more than their share of malice because of it.

I have no time for a group of untrained and pompous wannabes searching for that respect they never got back in the real world.

And anyone with a work permit knows that immigration issues thrm for a particular type of job at a certain location. Obviously TPV's would be in violation of the law, whether they are doing anything of worth (debateable) or not. Paid or unpaid, same same.

The character in the middle of the picture below was very prominent most evenings in October on Walking St of this year. I'm not talking about the real police on the right or the pooying on the left who was my excuse for taking the picture! Anyone know him?

87DSC01230.JPG

(Yeah Dave, it's me!)

~WISteve

That looks very much like a Kiwi by the name of Brian Brizzell.

Yes, but they seem to have a awe-inspiring collection of merit badges! :D

87DSC01230.JPG

(Yeah Dave, it's me!)

~WISteve

That looks very much like a Kiwi by the name of Brian Brizzell.

Are those guys managing the hong nam at an entertainment palace ? :o