Checking If A Company Name Is Available

i need to make a company in the next week or so

and i need to see what names are available

is there a website here in Thailand where i can check a bit like you can in the UK, this would be the easy way then i can check a few names what i have in mind

any ideas

The link to search for registered company names on www.thairegistration.com doesn't work - dead link.

Any other website to check? I actually want to check the status of a Thai ltd company that I registered many years ago but only traded for a short period. I suspect it's now been struck off...

Simon

No, sorry, I just had a good hunt around in that web site and confirmed the link on the front page IS dead. Business names are not mentioned in the site map nor anywhere else in the site.

Good old Thai attention to detail :o

I will email them now and if I get a response anytime soon I will post it here

Just to follow-up my last post. The thairegistration web site provides no email contact in the "contact us" page. I did a word search on "email" and turned up the following address elsewhere in the site (I also sent a msg to webmaster) and have just received the following:

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

[email protected]

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:

The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect.

[mail.thairegistration.com. (10): Connection timed out]

Why, oh why cannot Thai organisations get their act together with email?? This applies to both government and private companies, and even those that market themselves to overseas clients (for e.g bangkok heart hospital) .... I have totally lost count of the number of times that:

no email address is provided

one or more email forms are provided within the web site, but they don't work

one or more email addresses are provided, but they don't work

one or more email address are provided and your message doesn't bounce back - but is never acknowledged (or sometimes you get a message that your email was deleted unopened!)

email addresses are provided but with obviously incorrect spelling

mistakes are identified in a subsequent email to them but corrections never made

These errors and ommissions are not the 'exception to the rule', they ARE the rule

It's really quite pathetic

From outside Thailand the link posted above opens.

This is the link to the main page in English http://www.thairegistration.com/mainsite/i...hp?id=1&L=1 but as mentioned by simon43 the search business name link doesn't work.

My wife has registered a few businesses over the past 5 years and each time she’s had to provide a list of 3 business names in order of her preference.

The office in the Umphur where she’s applied for registration checks their records and notifies which names are available.

Maybe someone can clarify this. From what I’ve seen these business names are only registered for the province the business is operating from.

Edited by Farma

• 9 months later...