Arm Slashers Sent To Jail

bannork

I'm sure a lot of Thai Visa regulars will remember this horrific story from last year and will be glad to hear the outcome. If the mods can find the article from last year's news I'd be grateful if they could add this to it and put it in the News Section.

The Daily News August 1 2008.

At Saraburi Court on July 31, 3 defendants:Mr Nirat Kongtam, Mr Prasarn Boontok, and Police Lance Corporal Nirut Tammasap, formerly a policeman at Banmor police station,were found guilty of the attempted murder of Miss Supansa Wichaman, aged 26, formerly a karaoke singer. Miss Supansa lost her arm in the attack on 24 February 2007.

The defendants were sentenced to 13 years, 4 months imprisonment for attempted murder and ordered to pay 1,570,000 baht compensation to the victim at an interest rate of 7.5% dated from February 25, 2007.

After hearing the verdict, Pol.L.Cpl. looked ashen and passing reporters on his way to the jail, he briefly said he had prepared assets to post as surety for bail.

After hearing the verdict,Miss Supansa said through tears, that she was pleased and satisfied with the outcome. Accompanied by 2 lawyers from The Thai Legal Assistance Council who had helped her with legal advice throughout, she said most of all she had to thank all those who had helped her, especially from the Legal Assistance Council; she said she had faced many obstacles and pressure from various' influences', to the extent that no local lawyer dared take up her case.

At present with only one arm, the other severed in the attack, she was working as a government lottery seller, earning between 4,000 to 5,000 baht a month, supporting her child and mother.

I'm sure a lot of Thai Visa regulars will remember this horrific story from last year and will be glad to hear the outcome. If the mods can find the article from last year's news I'd be grateful if they could add this to it and put it in the News Section.

The Daily News August 1 2008.

At Saraburi Court on July 31, 3 defendants:Mr Nirat Kongtam, Mr Prasarn Boontok, and Police Lance Corporal Nirut Tammasap, formerly a policeman at Banmor police station,were found guilty of the attempted murder of Miss Supansa Wichaman, aged 26, formerly a karaoke singer. Miss Supansa lost her arm in the attack on 24 February 2007.

The defendants were sentenced to 13 years, 4 months imprisonment for attempted murder and ordered to pay 1,570,000 baht compensation to the victim at an interest rate of 7.5% dated from February 25, 2007.

After hearing the verdict, Pol.L.Cpl. looked ashen and passing reporters on his way to the jail, he briefly said he had prepared assets to post as surety for bail.

After hearing the verdict,Miss Supansa said through tears, that she was pleased and satisfied with the outcome. Accompanied by 2 lawyers from The Thai Legal Assistance Council who had helped her with legal advice throughout, she said most of all she had to thank all those who had helped her, especially from the Legal Assistance Council; she said she had faced many obstacles and pressure from various' influences', to the extent that no local lawyer dared take up her case.

At present with only one arm, the other severed in the attack, she was working as a government lottery seller, earning between 4,000 to 5,000 baht a month, supporting her child and mother.

Yes i remember the thread and photos, hope this poor Lady gets her compensation, very tragic. :o

After hearing the verdict, Pol.L.Cpl. looked ashen and passing reporters on his way to the jail,

Probably shocked that his pals didn't exert enough -

obstacles and pressure from various' influences', to the extent that no local lawyer dared take up her case.

Hope this bodes well for the Pai case...

...Pol.L.Cpl. looked ashen and passing reporters on his way to the jail, he briefly said he had prepared assets to post as surety for bail...

...in preparation for doing a runner.

Exactly. She'll never get a single baht.

Those guys should have their nutz cut off; <deleted> animals. :o

I remember this story. It was pretty horrifying. Glad to hear they'll be spending a good number of years behind bars, although not nearly enough to make up for the young woman's loss. As someone implied, maybe they should've had their own arm hacked off as well. That way when they've finished their prison terms, they can see what it's like to try to earn a living selling lottery tickets. Although the former cop, Nirut Tammasap, had enough money set aside to post for bail, it's hard to guess how much the amount was. Perhaps the court will have seized any assets of the three thugs to give to the woman, but I wouldn't be surprised if its already been used to pay their lawyers.