Language On Documents For O-a Visa

I have a multiple entries Non-immigrant O visa in my passport expiring 22 december and leaving to LOS 25 nov for 3 to 6 months escaping from Belgian winter.

I thought asking for an O-A retirement visa before leaving and requested a criminal record from the local police. That document was not ready when they promisedit would be this week, I will have it on monday 15 nov and it will be drawn up in Dutch.

I also have a document in Dutch from the social security department stating my impairment income, which is +65.000 baht and I am way over 50 years young.

I tried to telephone the Thai embassy, sent them an email at no avail.

Will they accept these documents written in Dutch or do they need to be translated to English or Thai? I might be running out of time for translation work.

My options are:

a) obtain O-A in Brussels

:o go with actual O visa and obtain 1 year extension in BKK, in which case I need to have the social security income document translated to thai and certified by the local embassy or load my thai bank account to 800.000 baht, which I do not fancy but doable (I will bring 500.000 with me)

c) ask the Brussels embassy for a new multiple non immigrant visa and do one visa run in februari

Thanks for advice

I would keep most of that money in your Dutch bank until after you arrive and then do a wire transfer (make arrangements before you leave) to keep a good record that it came from overseas. Showing up at a bank with cash would not prove anything if they want to get sticky. Time I believe is too short for you to get O-A (from your current luck in getting information from Embassy). I suspect immigration will want to see a substantial amount in the bank first time even if you use retirement income (maybe half?).

Once here in Thailand you can apply for long stay visa after 60 days and should not need the police check. Not sure if you will need translation of financial document or your Embassy will just read it and write what you need in English or Thai.

Get the O in Brussels and then get the extension here.

Much less hassle and no criminal check is required here, as far as I know, so that is one

less document to worry about.

The medical will be a lot cheaper here as well.

The language is an interesting question that has not come up before.

You will need a letter from your embassy confrming the pension, and they will be able to read the document before issuing the letter.

Please let us know how you get on, for future reference.

Thanks

Astral,

I have an O still valid until 22 dec.

What you say is ask Belgian embassy in Bangkok to certify the pension (and that would be drawn up in English?) Not sure staff there master dutch! and ask for a 1 year extension in Bangkok together with a medical certificate?

I do have a bilingual (english-thai) medical certificate from my docter here (idea was to hand over to thai embassy in Belgium) would they accept that in bkk?

I live in Chumpon, a long way from bkk, I hope it can all be done in one trip.

Astral,

I have an O still valid until 22 dec.

What you say is ask Belgian embassy in Bangkok to certify the pension  (and that would be drawn up in English?) Not sure staff there master dutch! and ask for a 1 year extension in Bangkok together with a medical certificate?

I do have a bilingual (english-thai) medical certificate from my docter here (idea was to hand over to thai embassy in Belgium) would they accept that in bkk?

I live in Chumpon, a long way from bkk, I hope it can all be done in one trip.

You will need to apply for the extension about 60 days after you arrive.

That give you plenty of time to talk to the embassy and get the necessary letter.

Since you live so far out you may want to contact the embassy in advance, and arrange the letter via the postal service.

Then you can apply for the extension in Ranong or Suratthani.

It will not be a one day affair. The process takes about 45 days.

You will get an "under consideration' stamp for 30 days, then another for 15 days.

The medical cert will probably be "too old" by then, but that is not a problem.

Any clinic or hopsital will do the medical check for you and charge very little for the

privilege.

Good luck

I went to the Thai embassy in Brussels yesterday with proof of income, police report etc and they refused to give me an O-A

You have an O in your passport, go to Bangkok and ask for extentson there, was their reply. Since I live in Chumpon it would have been easier to get an O-A here in Brussels than spend some days in Bangkok.

The lady made a remark about people staying in Thailand longtime and "not following the rules". Sure when you make things more complicated more people will not follow the rules.

She told me I needed to have the police report translated to Thai and translate/notarize my income statement at the Belgian embassy in Bangkok AND better put 800k baht in a Thai bank account....