Pattaya Closes Half Of Its Beer Bars

faranglandoz

of course im joking. trying to change an image by eliminating only half seems silly.

I think some bars are ok, Patong has some and dos'nt seem to get the same bad label as Pattaya :o

If shutting beer bars is not the answer, how do you think Pattaya's image could be improved

Faranglandoz

Pull down all these 'five-star' hotels and build go-go bars in their place.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A hypothetical question, do you think the closure of half the beer bars in central and south Pattaya would improve its image.
The problem is not closing the bars, but chasing away all the ugly girls working there.

Sounds like you've been to the Maraliyn club!

of course im joking. trying to change an image by eliminating only half seems silly.

I think some bars are ok, Patong has some and dos'nt seem to get the same bad label as Pattaya :o

If shutting beer bars is not the answer, how do you think Pattaya's image could be improved

Faranglandoz

Pull down all these 'five-star' hotels and build go-go bars in their place.

Shouldn't need to pull down the "five star" hotels. If the economic bust is as bad as they say it will be, the companys that own them will ( hopefully ) go bust, and we'll be able to have a better class of cheap hotel to stay in, while the huge new mall development on Beach Rd will make a great plaza to put hundreds of new barbeers and GoGo bars in.

A hypothetical question, do you think the closure of half the beer bars in central and south Pattaya would improve its image. I think it would make the resort more acceptable to Thai and foreign families, something like Patong.

Mant parts of Pattaya, such as North Pattaya, and Jom Tien, are very nice. The facilties and shopping is far superior to Patong. There is in the construction stage a new Central Departmental store on Beach Road.

Even though the beaches are better in Patong, I think with less beer stalls, there would be a vast improvement of the cities image.

Faranglandoz. :o

I don't get it OP, why do you even want to change Pattaya? It's not as though it used to be an upmarket resort town that got taken over by girls and bars. Before it became Fun City it was a small fishing town.

Why do you care about what Thai and foreign families think about it anyway. There's thousands of resorts and beach towns all over Thailand for them to go to. Why do they have to come to Pattaya? What's in it for you?

When you moved there ( unless you've been living in Pattaya since the 60's ) it was already what it is. If you don't like it as is, why move there. Wouldn't Jomptien have been a better option?

Incidentally, North Pattaya pretty much sucks as far as having a good time goes; it's become an enjoyment desert. Used to be fun back before all the big resorts ruined it.

You sound like the sort of person who thinks a "nice" place is one where families go shopping in huge ghastly malls and eat in overpriced chain restaurants, then return to their rip off expensive resort to watch tv before going to bed nice and early. Hua Hin is like that, and it is a c*** dump.

Everybody seems to run Pattay down they call it a sewer with used condoms on the beach, but I actually think everyone likes living in this sewer. Nobody wants to change it, if they are happy to have drunken people fornicating on the beach at night and girls trying to accost you, great.

Faranglandoz

Absolutly, Pattaya is a shithole, but its our shithole ! :D

TOO many beerbars means TOO many competition and that's never good: Too many beerbars, too few customers with fixed costs.

Feels good to me!

My fixed costs are stable, go figure!

Moo9 :o

name='Scabo' date='2008-08-05 23:58:16' post='2129259']

Well said "Thai beachlover".

Even though there is more competion now compared to a few years ago. Pattaya is still a place where small business owners

(farlang/thai wife) can live a comfortable existance.Although iam sure if the OP had his way we would all be bought out by

big business and moved along.

The whole world knows Pattaya as Fun City. Why can't the "Farlang Fun Police" realise this??

I don't know how you come by such correct information. :D:D:(

Pattaya is known as the armpit of Asia. :D

Pattaya is also known world wide for its prostitutes.

and not as fun city, fun city is, Disney world. :D

IMO, leave pattaya the way it is, for us rich, horny guys.

go home families :o

Hey Plastic Pig I agree "go home families"..

I used the term "Fun City" as that is what its is referred to in the local media.

But isint Prostitutes and beer "Fun" ? (I know i thought they were before I was married)

I wouldnt call Disney World "Fun" well maybe if was 5 years old.

North pattaya is full of beer bars.I would agree that shutting many bars would result in the other bars being more profitable but maybe prices will go up.The good part of too many bars is competition.I dont accept that having too many bars results in less tourism for families.The beach road katoys and gangsters stop tourism,the corrupt police stop tourisam,the necklace theives stop tourism,shall i continue.

TOO many beerbars means TOO many competition and that's never good: Too many beerbars, too few customers with fixed costs. The few customers have to pay for these fixed costs, so high prices.

A few too many beerbars, a few too many competition is better: Competition is always good, and the nuber of customers mut be divided over the few too many beerbars; fixed costs are same same, so the prices are normal, because there enough customers to pass the break even point in a healthy way.

Just a few beerbars: not good at all: the TOO many customers have only a few beerabrs to visit. Since there are always customers, the prices will go skyhigh.

So basically, shut down half of the beerbars would be a good idea.

The beer bars is only a small part of the clean up as far as I'm concerned. I would like the beer bars at the same level as Patong. If you are looking for a girl in a bar you can find that at Patong. Also if you are not looking for bargirls there are things for the family as well. I dont really think the beer bars in Pattaya are the main problem, I think the ladies that line up along the beach road are the main problem. Why the police don't try to clean this up, I don't know. I expect they get money from the pimps that contol these ladies.

Pattaya as far as I'm concerned, wether you like it or not, is for the family as well as foreign sex tourist. When I say Pattaya I include Jom Tien, Naglua and other adjoining areas. They all come under Pattaya. People would not invest in expensive condos if there was nothing else to offer other than sex shows and beer bars.

Faranglandoz

I think the ladies that line up along the beach road are the main problem. Why the police don't try to clean this up, I don't know.

They aren't a problem but a feature, as are the beer bars. Nor is it a crime to line up along beach road.