Pattaya Closes Half Of Its Beer Bars

faranglandoz

A hypothetical question, do you think the closure of half the beer bars in central and south Pattaya would improve its image. I think it would make the resort more acceptable to Thai and foreign families, something like Patong.

Mant parts of Pattaya, such as North Pattaya, and Jom Tien, are very nice. The facilties and shopping is far superior to Patong. There is in the construction stage a new Central Departmental store on Beach Road.

Even though the beaches are better in Patong, I think with less beer stalls, there would be a vast improvement of the cities image.

Faranglandoz. :o

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North pattaya is full of beer bars.I would agree that shutting many bars would result in the other bars being more profitable but maybe prices will go up.The good part of too many bars is competition.I dont accept that having too many bars results in less tourism for families.The beach road katoys and gangsters stop tourism,the corrupt police stop tourisam,the necklace theives stop tourism,shall i continue.

North pattaya is full of beer bars.I would agree that shutting many bars would result in the other bars being more profitable but maybe prices will go up.The good part of too many bars is competition.I dont accept that having too many bars results in less tourism for families.The beach road katoys and gangsters stop tourism,the corrupt police stop tourisam,the necklace theives stop tourism,shall i continue.

Does that mean there is not the same ganster and corrupt police in Patong? :o

of course im joking. trying to change an image by eliminating only half seems silly.

I think some bars are ok, Patong has some and dos'nt seem to get the same bad label as Pattaya :o

If shutting beer bars is not the answer, how do you think Pattaya's image could be improved

Faranglandoz

of course im joking. trying to change an image by eliminating only half seems silly.

I think some bars are ok, Patong has some and dos'nt seem to get the same bad label as Pattaya :D

If shutting beer bars is not the answer, how do you think Pattaya's image could be improved

Faranglandoz

Build MORE bars! :o

Faranglandoz

Get rid of the family mirage and promote Patters like Las Vegas. :D :D :o

Seriously - cleanup the waters, beach, and fix the traffic problem. This is what needs to happen before Patters can move fwd. :D

Faranglandoz

Seriously - cleanup the waters, beach, and fix the traffic problem. This is what needs to happen before Patters can move fwd. :D

Yeah...we saw how well that worked for Las Vegas :D

Who decides what "the image" should be?

Too much focus on the negative. You close one thing, you need to open something else. They are already building more big shopping malls here than will be needed for 50 years. So, what else? What do other beach resort cities have? More varied entertainment. More arts. More culture. Better and more varied restaurants. Closing half the beer bars or 90 percent would just leave a BIG HOLE with nothing to fill it.

I have said it before, the real answer is MORE ARTS. The city should build a huge arts center ala Singapore Durian Dome or Sydney Opera House. Then you will have a real international city here.

Edited by Jingthing

We all know that beer is considered a bit low class so in keeping with the Pattaya's new attempt at cleaning up the cities image, perhaps they should close all the beer bars and replace them with wine tasting rooms. It would be OK to keep the girls but perhaps have them dress in a way more reminiscent of wine country atmosphere. :o

A hypothetical question, do you think the closure of half the beer bars in central and south Pattaya would improve its image.
The problem is not closing the bars, but chasing away all the ugly girls working there.

There you got a point :o

Simple cure however, go back to your home country for 2 weeks or so....

Cheers

We all know that beer is considered a bit low class so in keeping with the Pattaya's new attempt at cleaning up the cities image, perhaps they should close all the beer bars and replace them with wine tasting rooms. It would be OK to keep the girls but perhaps have them dress in a way more reminiscent of wine country atmosphere. :o

Hmmm...as the best Bordeaux's come from France, there is a real chance for more French kisses in the future. Not a bad idea at all! :D

Faranglandoz

yes get rid of family folks. they can go to phuket or samui and be lame. keep pattaya the way it was meant to be(R&R)

Fixing the beach might be fairly straightforward, but fixing the traffic, however desirable will take a lot more effort and money. I agree 100% that this would go a long way to improving Pattaya, but somehow I don't think it's going to happen, alas.

Buzzer88

Why this constant effort to turn Pattaya into a grannie resort? Grannies have already got Sarasota, Florida. Besides, there's Hua Hin. So buzz off, families and grannies! (In previous discussions, members with families have said they can survive well enough in Pattaya.)

And who cares about Pattaya's "image?" Let it be what it's always been!

Fixing the beach might be fairly straightforward, but fixing the traffic, however desirable will take a lot more effort and money. I agree 100% that this would go a long way to improving Pattaya, but somehow I don't think it's going to happen, alas.

Buzzer88

Fixing the traffic could be the easiest thing to do in Pattaya if the powers that be had the balls to stand up to the baht bus co-operative and remove at least half of them from the roads!!!