Multi-entry Non-im. Valid For 12 (15) Months

I'm having trouble finding the criteria for a multi-entry non-im. valid for 12 months.

I'm leaving the UK and was planning on acting on some of the advice i got from this site. i.e. applying for a multi-entry non-im. via the Thai Consulate in Hull.

Do you think i'll be ok for the 1st visa from Hull considering that i don't have a Thai wife or family, and don't have a letter of intent from a Thai employer (I understand that more opportunities arise once you're in-country).

The Consulate form seems to give the option of a friend guaranteeing to meet the cost of "repatriation to the UK" if necessary. I have absolutely no problem at all producing this legitimately.

What would be my best move Doc?

Many thanks.

I'm having trouble finding the criteria for a multi-entry non-im. valid for 12 months.

I'm leaving the UK and was planning on acting on some of the advice i got from this site. i.e. applying for a multi-entry non-im. via the Thai Consulate in Hull.

Do you think i'll be ok for the 1st visa from Hull considering that i don't have a Thai wife or family, and don't have a letter of intent from a Thai employer (I understand that more opportunities arise once you're in-country).

The Consulate form seems to give the option of a friend guaranteeing to meet the cost of "repatriation to the UK" if necessary. I have absolutely no problem at all producing this legitimately.

What would be my best move Doc? 

Many thanks.

That letter is quite meaningless. Provide it and go. Bon Voyage

As Dr.P.P states the letter is no problem at all (i get my non imm from Hull) the letter can be signed by any of your family members or friends .........if you have a look at the RTC Hull website they give you a form letter which you can print and have typed up. Put down as reason for visit........."visiting family and friends" if you time everything right you can get 15 months out of one visa :o

Just read one of your other threads entitled "piggy bank".......you intend to emigrate yes? how old are you?......just that if you are 50+ a Non Imm O-A (commonally known as a retirement visa) might be the one for you........providing you qualify on age grounds and financial requirements.

s Dr.P.P states the letter is no problem at all (i get my non imm from Hull) the letter can be signed by any of your family members or friends .........if you have a look at the RTC Hull website they give you a form letter which you can print and have typed up. Put down as reason for visit........."visiting family and friends" if you time everything right you can get 15 months out of one visa smile.gif

I got my Non Imm O from Hull last week using "the letter", exactly as Thaiflyer1 says - no problems

totster :o

Hi - does the letter for Hull need to be from a friend in Thailand ?  Or can it be from family or friends in the UK ?

It should be from someone in the UK.. my mum did mine. :o

Also - how is it possible to make it last for nearly 15 months ?

If your multiple entry Non Imm O visa is issued on 12/11/04 then it is valid for use until 12/11/05... therefore , if your first entry into Thailand is on or shortly after the date of issue you can use it for just under 15 months, for this your last entry must be made just before the visa expires ( the 11th November 2005 using my example ). You will get 5 entries ( assuming that you stay for 90 days at a time ) into Thailand ( 450 days or a few less)

totster :D

Just  read  one  of  your  other  threads  entitled  "piggy  bank".......you  intend  to  emigrate  yes?  how  old  are  you?......just  that  if  you  are  50+  a  Non  Imm  O-A  (commonally  known  as  a  retirement  visa)  might  be  the  one  for  you........providing  you  qualify  on  age  grounds  and  financial  requirements.

Thanks for the thought. I do intend to emigrate (without this site, i'd have no confidence at all though!). :D

I will turn 44 in March 05 so i was planning to get back to the UK every 15 months and renew until the big 5,0.

Another aspect that i'm unsure of though:

If i do come home after 15 months, see the folks and a few other palefaces, is it ok to re-apply through Hull or would consecutive non-im's be frowned upon by the authorities? :o

I do intend to start teaching and revert to 'B' though. Does that change things?

Thanks for your help.

Just  read  one  of  your  other  threads  entitled  "piggy  bank".......you  intend  to  emigrate  yes?  how  old  are  you?......just  that  if  you  are  50+  a  Non  Imm  O-A  (commonally  known  as  a  retirement  visa)  might  be  the  one  for  you........providing  you  qualify  on  age  grounds  and   financial  requirements.

Thanks for the thought. I do intend to emigrate (without this site, i'd have no confidence at all though!). :D

I will turn 44 in March 05 so i was planning to get back to the UK every 15 months and renew until the big 5,0.

Another aspect that i'm unsure of though:

If i do come home after 15 months, see the folks and a few other palefaces, is it ok to re-apply through Hull or would consecutive non-im's be frowned upon by the authorities? :o

I do intend to start teaching and revert to 'B' though. Does that change things?

Thanks for your help.

Hull won't be as easy about issuing a B visa unless you have a letter of offer from an employer.