An Honest Stranger

G54

While in Pattaya over the weekend my wallet fell out of my pocket and the first I knew about it was when I got a call on my mobile asking if I had lost a wallet.

Luckily I keep a couple of cards in my wallet with my mob number on. The guy who found my wallet also found one of the cards and was able to phone me.

He was in the same hotel 4 floors above me. I was able to get my wallet back before I knew it had gone.

Strange, he lives in the UK, 10 miles from my home town!!

Many thanks to him for his honesty. He saved me a lot of trouble. Life without money or credit cards (both K Bank and my UK visa card were in the wallet) would have been very difficult for a while.

It was 3 a.m. so, no I didn't buy him a beer. I did thank him and he seemed happy enough at that. I checked out the same day so never got to see him after that, else I would have bought him a beer or several.

Fair play to that guy. I agree that it's always nice when something like that happens, as opposed to some scabby git stealing your money & mobile - which is often more likely to happen it would seem. I shall raise a glass to that mystery guy and his sense of honesty tonight.

I can remember also a couple of years ago, there was that taxi driver who found a few thousand dollars in his cab, which he promptly returned to the owner.

If I had found a wallet with a 'phone number in, I would have done exactly the same as this "honest stranger". I would like to think that many other TV members would do the same. Would you?

of course not. would have bought me lots of beer :o

While in Pattaya over the weekend my wallet fell out of my pocket and the first I knew about it was when I got a call on my mobile asking if I had lost a wallet.

Luckily I keep a couple of cards in my wallet with my mob number on. The guy who found my wallet also found one of the cards and was able to phone me.

He was in the same hotel 4 floors above me. I was able to get my wallet back before I knew it had gone.

Strange, he lives in the UK, 10 miles from my home town!!

Many thanks to him for his honesty. He saved me a lot of trouble. Life without money or credit cards (both K Bank and my UK visa card were in the wallet) would have been very difficult for a while.

Best you leave the wallet with the wife from now on, she sure wont lose it so easily :o

roy gsd

Had same sort of thing happen to me - lost my mobile heading to jetway. Luckily it was on and not password protected. Lad started phoning my contacts letting them know I had lost my mobile - ended up calling a mate and got chatting with him. Got his address and mailed my mobile back. :o

it's so sad that we expect people to be crooks; we expec t people that find a wallet to steal the money in it so we're shocked and surprised when someone actually does what a human is supposed to do.

too bad it's not the other way around and we're shocked and surprised when someone commits a crime like they do at the Shell gas station, or like what they do at homeWorks.

I left a bag containing my own, my wifes and daughters passports, ID cards, birth certs along with house deeds(chanute) marraige cert in a taxi outside the Brit Embassy in Singapore. Did ,nt know the taxi number only the company, only because a passing Fillipino girl could tell me which company ran blue taxis.

Good old fella turned up 10 min later after I called the company.

I returned a wallet a few weeks ago that I found in the car park of the Condo I live in to its owner.

I have lost allsorts of things as well as being robbed so I know where I stand.

You have to do the right thing always.

Next time it may be you.

Edited by soihok

It was 3 a.m. so, no I didn't buy him a beer. I did thank him and he seemed happy enough at that. I checked out the same day so never got to see him after that, else I would have bought him a beer or several.

It was me!!!! :D Now..how about those beer (ssssssssssssss)? :o