Least Salary/income That Make Ur Move Worthwhile

Please select the minimum amount U need to make?  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Axel my friend ,

Will you hire me for half that in Thailand ? I will be on the next plane .

Looking forward to working with you . See you soon , ok

Take care ,

Jeff

Jeff, I would love to...

Bit of a problem, got my own company and am happy if at the end of the month some money left for myself after having paid salaries to all my staff.

But than, the figures I quoted are for real and are for expatriates who can afford not to go to Thailand, if demand not met. :o

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is easy to generalise and make assumptions.

"-Thais don't pay as much for having sex partner." What is the basis for this statement? Girlfriend, mia noi, casual sex, commercial sex? This statement doesn't make sense, specially not for justifying that farangs need more money than Thais.

"-Most farangs can't eat thai food all the time." Does it cost more to fry some potatoes and a porkshop at home? Does this make a substancial difference in expenses?

"-Most farangs don't like to stay home and drink somthing called mehkong." Maybe most Thais don't like it either? Is your barhopping the reason you need more money?

"-Most farangs need to pay "At least 10,000 Bhat for accommodtion" Why? What's wrong with a room for 2000 Baht?

These are excuses, there is no necessity for farangs to spend more on these things than Thais. Of course you want to be comfortable, but let's not pretend this is why you 'need' more money than a Thai.

1- Girl friends or commercial sex. I need change somtimes if feel sexlife

geting lousy.

2-Firstly, I don't have time to cook at home and you can't just cook every

meal in home.

3-Thai bars are usually cheaper, and most thai might drink outdoor, but

not in a bar necessarily, and some don't drink imported one

4-2000Baht home? Even fine with you, What if someone need to visit you

or have a company some night? Make sure you can sleep on the ground

because no space for king beds

Well, said. May I also add that if you are married then you have nothing to pay for regarding sex :D and if you own a house or condo then you have no rent to pay either. And yes as a Thai I can tell you that me and my mates in LOS don't sit at home drinking mehkong.

Can a butta, i mean "all" colorful winged Butta' flies stay with same flower

in big romance Garden :o

1- Girl friends or commercial sex. I need change somtimes if feel sexlife

geting lousy.

Actually the former is usually more expensive than the latter ... :o

Pick one with Non-existent family members, No more F#@k*iG thousand

problems or excuses :D

This way you don't even bothered about any dead buffalos each day.

Let me summarise:

You need more money than Thais, because

- you need to eat out in restaurants serving foreign food, and like to drink imported drinks in bars.

- you need a lage comfy place to live in, to accomodate colourful buttaflies to keep your company.

- you need funds to pay for 'buttaflies' services.

On the other hand,

- you don't understand why a Thai would ask for more than 5000bth per month, because this should be enough for them.

- you carefully pick your regular girlfriend for not having any relatives, so there won't be any 'dead buffalos' needeing the odd bit of care and attention.

Looks like we got ourselves a prime example of a farang who understands, loves and cares for Thailand and its people!

Well, said. May I also add that if you are married then you have nothing to pay for regarding sex :D and if you own a house or condo then you have no rent to pay either. And yes as a Thai I can tell you that me and my mates in LOS don't sit at home drinking mehkong.

in big romance Garden :D

Does the word "fidelity" mean anything to you? Lucky me I have never met you. :o

The living style is differnet like say:

-Thais don't pay as much for having sex partner.

-Most farangs can't eat thai food all the time.

-Most farangs don't like to stay home and drink somthing called mehkong.

-Most farangs need to pay "At least 10,000 Bhat for accommodtion" even

more if married.

-Thais don't travel as much farang do.

and much more

Most important farang being overcharged for most things compared

to thais.

I Guess I'm not "most Farangs" then :o

Just did a quick google

Ave earnings in UK 473.8 Pounds/week = 133,000 bht a month

Ave earning US 530.88$= 84800 bht a month

Source

http://www.wales.gov.uk/keypubstatisticsfo...04/sb4-2004.htm

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/realer.nr0.htm

I was supprised at the american one , would of thought it would of been higher. Anyway there are before tax fig with the british you would probably take home about 80,000 bht a month.

What I can understand is if these are the Ave earnings in UK/US I'd assume that the ave person could live on them. So why when they come here would they NEED to make 200,000 plus.

Yes its great if you get it, but you dont actually need it.

I have combined total amount of earning from above poll and then

devided it to number of people who voted, and the result was:

75,000Baht least for each person.

It's close to 80,000Bhat average earning in UK or US "AFTER TAX DEDUCTION"

Now, i have a question for all American or UK citizens:

What about your retirment account when you get older, because you

didn't pay tax in thailand, does it mean you won't be getting money

in your account in future?

p.s. Considering that most of you can't make any saving from 75,000Baht

earning also if you live in Los

Does the word "fidelity" mean anything to you? Lucky me I have never met you. :o

Fidelity? I never mentioned the word "wife", because i couldn't or didn't

know where to find the right one.

All i mentioned was commercial sex or girlfriends. Even once my GF betrayed

me, despite i was sending here 20,000 plus baht every month and i sticked

with her only during all that period.

Sometime i think it's farangs stupidity, that go for easy girls. Easy come,

easy goes.

Fidelity? I never mentioned the word "wife", because i couldn't or didn't

know where to find the right one.

All i mentioned was commercial sex or girlfriends. Even once my GF betrayed

me, despite i was sending here 20,000 plus baht every month and i sticked

with her only during all that period.

Sometime i think it's farangs stupidity, that go for easy girls. Easy come,

easy goes.

Same old story we heard it so often here. But we all do silly thing when we are in love. My apology to think that you are one of those guys who are never faithful. :D

I voted null because it doesn't specify WHERE in Thailand, or if this is money to be made or retirment income.. There's a difference.

Working in Bangkok, I wouldn't go for less than 100K, and even that's iffy.

Upcountry though, especially when retired, I'm less bothered about the amounts. 30-50 would be just fine then.

I voted null because it doesn't specify WHERE in Thailand, or if this is money to be made or retirment income.. There's a difference.

Upcountry though, especially when retired, I'm less bothered about the amounts.  30-50 would be just fine then.

This poll is more geared toward younger people who have

to make make a choice with regard to earming in west and

Los.

In your case, think of as you had a same choice going back

to the past, what decision you had taken, especialy that you

know the outcome since you are old enough to say it.

I think older generation in Los can determain it better what

to go for.

> In your case, think of as you had a same choice

> going back to the past, what decision you had taken,

> especialy that you know the outcome since you are

> old enough to say it.

Oh! For younger people, any amount they can survive on would be just fine! In that case I'd go for 15-20K. :o

> In your case, think of as you had a same choice

> going back to the past, what decision you had taken,

> especialy that you know the outcome since you are

> old enough to say it.

Oh!  For younger people, any amount they can survive on would be just fine! In that case I'd go for 15-20K. :o

Here formula is:

Worthwhile <> Survival

A young expat in thailand shouldn't be just thinking about survival,

anyone can survive with 10,000bhat. This is how me and most other

young generation mentality should be in today's world.

Worthwhile has two criteria with regard to income/ Earning:

1-Living a better life here than in farangland

2-Be prepared to return home any moment by having some saving

& experties after a long years stay in thailand.

Upcountry though, especially when retired, I'm less bothered about the amounts.  30-50 would be just fine then.

This poll is more geared toward younger people who have

to make make a choice with regard to earming in west and

Los.

In your case, think of as you had a same choice going back

to the past, what decision you had taken, especialy that you

know the outcome since you are old enough to say it.

I think older generation in Los can determain it better what

to go for.

cold_ko1

Well, I didn't know that your poll was "geared toward younger people". Maybe I was supposed to "read between the lines", as your post didn't say for younger people. I already voted but now I want to change my vote because the figure I had in mind is totally different based on your new criteria. I think that many of the "voters" might change their vote also if the "geared toward younger people" had been known. Thus the results of the poll that we see at the moment, I think might be "slightly" flawed.

=madsere,2004-11-14 09:13:48]

Your fee for school alone is Baht 1,541,900 p.a.

Where on earth do you find these figures?

The Regents is undoubtly the best international school in the Pattaya area and the annual costs do not exceed 1M baht all incl., less than half your estimate.

Where on earth did find the figures? I just clicked on ISB BKK

http://www.isb.ac.th/content/Detail.asp?ID=101

The other schools are similar.

The Regents 1 M Baht. Is this for two students as per my example or one?

What I try to explain, is a typical expatriate-family, as I saw them over 10 years while our son was in school in Bangkok. Examples from PTA etc.

Now these families come here for 4-6 years, maybe longer. If school and housing is not paid, they would not come.

We are talking about the Least Salary/income That Make Ur Move Worthwhile

If you are in charge for your company to hire an expatriate from the States, Europe or Australia, that are the costs the company has to consider. I.e. salary and refund on schooling, which back home is free. After a certain period the employee want to go home and the children must be repatriated into their country's schools, so you need an international school with relevant.

Whether the company pays an all in package and say you pay your own schooling, housing, transportation or pays a salary plus plus makes no difference, except in taxation.

If you want to come to LoS for private reason, the matter gets different. The comnpanies will hire on local agreement and the employee has to see how to get along.

Another alternative for the company, of course, is to hire unmarried staff and send on relatively low salary for a few years to LoS. Actually, I see it all the time, that highly qualified staff don't get a job, because they are just too expensive with housing, schooling, family etc. It is cheaper to pay for mistakes of a younger staff than to pay what a more experienced one needs.

Indeed multinationals tend to sent either unmarried chaps for a longer period or married ones for a 2 - 3 month spell. A matter of economics.

Regarding schools, there are Thai schools with a 'english' program. This means about 50% of lessons in Thai, 50% in English (both languages reading and writing).

Srivikorn near Ekkemai bus station charges THB 39,200 per term (2 terms/year). Unfortunately I'm not really impressed. It's aimed at kids of Thai parens, parents who like the idea (and maybe the show-off). Kids also like it, no pressure, no hitting/slapping, airco in classroom AND cannot fail tests one way or another.

Next cheapest is International school in Sukhumvit soi 39, vaguely remember its 3 * 60,000 in a year.

(Farang) People with kids MUST have a somewhat better salary otherwise they may feel guilty about their kids education.

I voted 30000. In only earn about 25000 a month.

and that pays my way for me and the missus.

But I also live in issan where prices are alot lower than the rest of los

the monkey

Guys like you are really to be called "Brave Heart"

I will have guarantted 150,000 a month from my investments,

Even i do make a move to Los, but seems having hard time to give up

another extra 250-300K earning offer from a company.

I know i won't have much saving if i come to los, but back home

can save a lot money yearly

But I just hate where i am, i wish i had never came to Los. Sorry :o

Indeed multinationals tend to sent either unmarried chaps for a longer period or married ones for a 2 - 3 month spell. A matter of economics....

rubl, 2-3 months would be an extented business trip. Guess youmean 2-3 years.

The major problem with schooling is the re-integration once the parents are back home. If the kids attented school in Thailand that offers different programs from their home country they are in major problems to be placed upon return.

A 16 y.o. student might be tested in the home country and put back to the group of 14-15 y.o. as perhaps s/he lacks in math or physics although might be on the 17 y.o. bracket in languages.

We had our son in the Swiss school in Bangkok and finally decided to let him make the degree for university entrance here. This is ok, he got it, issued by Swiss authorities which is accepted in Switzerland as well as all of the EU. He was the exception staying ikn the same school in LoS for 10 years. Other students even from this education had to be put back by one year upon returning home in the middle of the education. This gives frustration to the kids and is a major consideration for the parents wether or not to go overseas for a few years.

Thai schools are just not comparable with US/UK/OZ or EU, not by quality, by system and therefore not acceptable to expat-parents.

The major problem with schooling is the re-integration once the parents are back home. If the kids attented school in Thailand that offers different programs from their home country they are in major problems to be placed upon return.

A 16 y.o. student might be tested in the home country and put back to the group of 14-15 y.o. as perhaps s/he lacks in math or physics although might be on the 17 y.o. bracket in languages.

We had our son in the Swiss school in Bangkok and finally decided to let him make the degree for university entrance here. This is ok, he got it, issued by Swiss authorities which is accepted in Switzerland as well as all of the EU. He was the exception staying ikn the same school in LoS for 10 years. Other students even from this education had to be put back by one year upon returning home in the middle of the education. This gives frustration to the kids and is a major consideration for the parents wether or not to go overseas for a few years.

Thai schools are just not comparable with US/UK/OZ or EU, not by quality, by system and therefore not acceptable to expat-parents.

Oops, forgot to mention my son has dual nationality Dutch/Thai. Mind you, there are more aspects to schooling and choosing a school. Upto 6th grade having to do a grade again after moving may not be a real problem. Even without moving this can happen. Kids in later classes may indeed get into problems. Of course it also depends on the kid (intelligent, introvert, open, etc.)

I can see from above poll, almost 50% looking for less than 50K Baht

for making a living in Los

Would someone say:

-how much is the minimum salary for english teachers in BKK?

-What is the approximate salary amount that 80-90% of english

teachers earn in BKK?

-Can a foreigner who isn't from native english speaking country

apply for english teaching job, if he's proficient in written, reading

and spoken english and how much he can expect to earn?