In The News Today

mijan24

CHRONOMETRY

And the official time is...

All public and official clocks in Thailand will be reset to a standard time on Aug 23, ensuring people across the country all hear the national anthem at exactly the same time. The standard time will be determined by the Hydrographic Department, part of the navy, and enforced throughout the country.

Hydrographic Department this should be good - Now when you say Thai time it really has meaning - don't worry if we are out of step with the rest of the world :o

Wonderr what time GWB will arrive our time or his??

Edited by mijan24

Congratulations to Thailand on a major step towards becoming a developing nation.

The question is whether the Hydrographic department will set the standard time at GMT + 7 hours or, as I suspect, go for GMT plus 6 hours, 58 minutes and 22 seconds or some such rubbish just to be difficult?

All public and official clocks in Thailand will be reset to a standard time on Aug 23, ensuring people across the country all hear the national anthem at exactly the same time.

any chance of setting the year to 2008 as well, while they're at it.....? :o

-When you come?

-Afternoon.

Wow, lets make sure our watches are sycronised exactly on the tenth of a second. Just incase we might use them sometime!

Thaitime dont require any watch at all.

Actually one of the first things i fell in love with on my first trip to Thailand from a stressed out lifestyle in Europe was the "i come when i come" -attitude. Hope they not change it too much. Whole country sycronising the clocks sounds a bit extreme even in my European ears!

All public and official clocks in Thailand will be reset to a standard time on Aug 23, ensuring people across the country all hear the national anthem at exactly the same time.
any chance of setting the year to 2008 as well, while they're at it.....? :o
Give the year is 2551 BE wouldn't that be a backward step :D

Regards

Does this mean that Thais come on time to meetings now :D

:o:D

Probably the same as up north bus time-tables , bus leave 12 oclock nid-noi , meaning before 1 oclock is still nid-noi , most government ministers are most noticeable by thier abscence , not much will cange by this latest announcement of synchronised time in MHO .

Thais are brilliant when it comes to timing and planning :o The next movie i plan to view at the 'Avenue Complex' is 'Road Race 2000'. Obviously picked by the Thai movie selection board, as it hardly looks likely to compete with the absuolute juvenile rubbish flicks which the Thais lap up. I digress: it is programmed to start in 543 years :D

Good to see the government getting it's priorities right, although turning back the clock by 300 years might be more apt with some of the nonsense policies that they come up with and try to implement. :o