Another Tilting Vehicle

Greenside

Just seen on the flyover where the Superhighway joins Mahidol Road.... 11.45 today.

Apart from being hugely overloaded this thing looked like a wreck to begin with and just getting past it was nerve wracking as the back wheels could fall off at any moment.

346834667_R9ohW-L.jpg

346838554_Ldk6v-L.jpg

346836622_tsZRG-L.jpg

TIT :o

As I sit here trying to think of some either really weird or smartassed response, I just cannot think of one right now after looking at the pics.

I'm still laughing too hard.

Good one.

Frickin' dangerous, but still funny as heck.

he has a puncture on the off side rear. look at the state of the tyres on the front. How is this thing still allowed on the road

'how is this thing allowed on the road?'--his Dad/Brother/Mother etc...is a police officer--obviously! How long have you been here?

Hang on--so are you,eh?? Precinct11??

Edited by haybilly

The not-so-amusing thought is that any of us could come round a corner one day (or worse, one night) to find this idiot in his completely uncontrollable truck heading straight for you. Actually, these guys seemed surprised that I should think the scene worthy of a picture at all and they'd clearly been there about half an hour or so and no police had shown up. I doubt a bus could have made it past, given how far it was leaning over.

As I sit here trying to think of some either really weird or smartassed response, I just cannot think of one right now after looking at the pics.

I'm still laughing too hard.

I thought of one...

Hey Greenside! Are you causing these accidents to further your photography career? Totally inappropriate!

Cheers!

wj

When I went past the RR wheels were off and more of the cargo was lying on the side of the road.

I still felt a little twithchy about passing it in any event.

Said to the GF that it would not have been on the road in any developed country, but what the he11, TIT

:o

Hey Greenside! Are you causing these accidents to further your photography career? Totally inappropriate!

Cheers!

wj

:o

Kudos to you Greenside for stopping to take the photo - let's have more please!

"A picture is worth a thousand words"

Great picture :D

But it's not uncommon for Thais to "overload" their trucks.

I remeber very well that another TV member who has a pub in Surin posted two pics a few years ago

The first was when truck drivers stacked about 150 empty beer bottle boxes on the back of a pick up, spent ages tying them all on... the truck went off looking very dangerous and unstable.

The second shot shows them returning a few hours later to collect the 10 they could not pile on the first time round!! :o

They could clearly see how many boxes there were , but instead of removing some from the top and do two even SAFE loads they chose to take crazy risks instead :D

This would never happen in the west, it's just not common sense !!

Why do they do it????

This would never happen in the west, it's just not common sense !!

Why do they do it????

Uncommon sense. Thankfully, there is still some around. Don't you enjoy recalling the guy on the motorcycle weaving through BKK traffic with trays of eggs stacked up about 2 meters high behind him on the passenger seat and held down by a couple of frayed bungee cords?