Buying House

Any ideas on methods and cost of co-owning house with Thai citizen?

you cant co-own property with a thai ,if it all goes tits up, its theirs ,if you build a house for your thai wife ,she can boot you out at any time , -she keeps the property/car whatever-the best thing to do is rent, or if you must build ,loan the money through her for it ,and pay the payments monthly,,then if she decides to boot you ,she gets left with the debt and wont be able to pay it on her own

Any ideas on methods and cost of co-owning house with Thai citizen?

Depending on your financial situation there are a number of things you can do. One way is to buy a house through a Thai company that you own.

Go see a good real estate agent and they will give you some good ideas, dont rush as it is certainly not deffinate that it has to be under a Thai name. :o

Only buy what you can afford to lose.

But thinking about it, I bet all the guys that have been married before in a Western country lost their houses to the women there as well. :o

Such is Life. :D

Bye the Missus a house for her future, and rent an Apartment somewhere else just in case you need it! :D

Put the car in your name, then at least you can drive away from your house that you just lost. It's a little compensation at least. :D

It is really easy to buy a property in thailand without involving a thai girl friend etc...

Set up a thai company

transfer the land and property into the company

live in the house

when the thai gets to much show her the door

live in the house

find a new lover

when they get too much show them the door

live in the house

find a new partner

fall in love with your partners sister

move the partner out and the sister in

live in the house

be happy

In my situation a 30 year loan contract was set up by my lawyer from myself to my wife for the purchase price, plus 4 per cent interest per year.

The sum becomes repayable after the 30 year term, (should I live that long) or I can carry on living there, and it can’t be sold before then without my permission.

Of course I never expect the money back, but if the marriage collapsed I will be able to remain in the property or allow it to be sold, and hopefully get some money back.

I’ve done this with two properties near Pattaya in the last couple of years, one of which is rented out.

Before anyone flames me for being mean, Lol, I also bought a small farm with a nice Thai style house for my wife in her village without any contract or any claims from me for her future security.