City Bus Explodes At NGV Gas Station

george

here we go again. another thailand bashing thread. TIT and what else. lets get them rolling guys. another "what am i doing in thailand?" thread

You're absolutely right.

Nothing is wrong in this country.

We farangs are the idiots.

Immigration should not allow these idiots into the country, that's why they made complicated rules they even don't understand themselves :o

I guess it's time for me to return to where I come from now, thank you so much.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity... are the fueling stations for NGV vehicles different from regular stations for Benzene/Diesel?

I for one, don't want to be filling up next to an NGV vehicle with the potential for things to go bad.

Please excuse the ignorance, this is an honest question that I would like to know more about...

NGV bus explodes at gas station

An NGV city bus exploded on Friday morning, when it was filling its tank. The explosion damaged five vehicles and injured a worker at the station.

According to police, initial reports show that the tank of the bus did not meet standard, thus could not hold pressure well enough.

The explosion caused windshield of vehicles parking nearby to shatter.

Source: Bangkok Post - 08 August 2008

I WATCHED A MAN HAVE HIS HEAD BLOWN OF WHILE FILLING A TANK, A SPARK WAS ALL THAT IT TOOK, A BOMB WAITING TO HAPPEN IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING OR GET LAZY, THAT'S WHY MOST CONDOS AND HOTELS DON'T ALLOW, IT SCARES THE hel_l OUT OF ME WHEN I SEE THE TANKS BOUNCING DOWN THE ROAD NOT SECURED PROPERLY, SHOULD BE HANDLED LIKE A LOADED GUN AND ALL SHOULD BE TRAINED ON THE DO AND DO NOTS

Was your hearing damaged as well? There's no need to scream, people are reading, not listening...

Well, I for one will get out of any taxi or bus which pulls in for fuel while I am on board. I will walk to the far end of the forecourt until fuelling has finished befor reboarding.

Meanwhile I shall be watching "King of the Hill" with renewed scrutiny to pick up as many tips as I can about propane and propane accessories.

Well, I for one will get out of any taxi or bus which pulls in for fuel while I am on board. I will walk to the far end of the forecourt until fuelling has finished befor reboarding.

This is an absolute requirement in India (a country not reknowned for its safety culture), all passengers must alight from the vehicle whilst fuelling (NGV/CNG).

If the Indians feel it's necessary there must be a very good reason.

Edited by Crossy

when you guys say gas, do you mean american gas / british petrol or the other gas like you can run your homes on for heating etc?

and why don't taxi, buses turn off the ignition when filling up? for a quick getaway? i was told by some thai guesthouse owner that the thai filling stations are more up to date than western ones, and turning off the ignition isnt required

when you guys say gas, do you mean american gas / british petrol or the other gas like you can run your homes on for heating etc?

and why don't taxi, buses turn off the ignition when filling up? for a quick getaway? i was told by some thai guesthouse owner that the thai filling stations are more up to date than western ones, and turning off the ignition isnt required

So is it not true that a little prevension is worth a lot more than a lot of disaster ?

Thais seem convinced they are the best at most things , presented with a brand new , previously unseen gizmo , you are always told "I know , i know ".

Gasoline burns quite well, but it is not explosive. Gasoline fumes, on the other hand...

*Still looking for my face, I think lost it last Saturday*

Really?

My instructor in the fine art of "boom" thought differently.

Ever heard about a Lewis Bomb?

I will not explain here the why or how, but I assure you petrol, kerosine and diesel explode very nicely.

I've seen in some science articles that Gas and Gasoline won't ignite from just a cigarette. I also have seen in some TV shows they thrown a cigarette into a beaker of Gasoline, it just killed the cigarette.

Just FYI, they can be right but I will not risk it anyway.

Yes, it's true. A cigarette won't ignite gasoline; not even if you're puffing on it right above the surface. However, if you'd like to know what compressed gas will do, then look up MOAB in Wikipedia. I'm sure there are some old military hands here that have seen those go off from afar and they will agree with me that aerosol gasoline can be pretty darned dangerous.

For that matter, even grain silos and flour mills have been known to explode just from the heat of the friction and the fine dust that whorls around in the air.

so many people reading this .. nothing better to do :o

or all retired ?

just wondering

Keeping up with current events seems odd to you...? Likely then, safety and concern for others is a non-issue as well....?

Vacant in your heart and/or mind?

Awareness and caring for others is the first step in working to improve conditions. Dialog is the next step. Positive input along with thoughtful arguments build a direction to 'suppose' such solutions... Action therefore is a simple answer accompanied with (often) complex processes.

Sitting home and 'arm chairing' situations without any viable input is - quite obviously (and most unfortunately) spending too much time alone...

Hang in there... you have the opportunity each and every day to renew your self...

Peace.