Gprs Report

stevehaigh

So i finally got my GPRS system up and running here in Ko Phangan. I went to buy a Sony-Ericson T68i phone in pantip and got talked into a Z200 because it's newer and sexier, however, i didn't find out until i got back to the island that it doesn't have bluetooth!

so i was fortunately able at buy a T68i in samui at the over inflated price of 5900bhat (i could have paid 3500 in mbk!). i got the blue tooth dongle for 1200 bhat and the AIS internet sim for 900/month.

so once i had the right phone, pluging it all together and making it work was easy. the connection is quite reliable but right now the GSM reception in my part of KPN sucks, i don;t know why, it's usually very good. so my data rate is crap, about 1kB/s but i expect it to get better when they fix the GSM transmitter.

steve

Steve

Use your AIS mobile and dial 1175 which is the AIS call centre and BITCH about the service, complain on the website and things may get better soon.

If you don't complain AIS may not do anything. All operaters try to save money where they can and one way is to cut back on maintenance. If nobody complains nothing gets done.

I complained where I live and after a while the service improved.

billd766