Crackdown On Drug Dealing Expats

george

There was no advance warning on Samui about the recent raid last.

It just happened out of the blue. But allegedly at the instigation of the USA DEA.

Knabbed one internationally known king pin, his two henchmen,

and a several locals for doing the distribution.

No doubt supplying to the discos in Chaweng and the Full Moon ravers.

Good, got no problem with this.

The present mood is ANYONE not " Thai " ....WETFTM,

is not good for the country, this includes Cambodeans who are Khemer like

1/3+ of Thai's, and Burmese like another 1/3+ of Thais.

The Chinese are the only ones getting a pass

caused they changed their names and are now "Thais'. Right....

Oh don't forget the schools say the hilltribes are the BIGGEST enemies of all "Thais".

Makes no difference if the hilltribe person was BORN IN THAILAND,

they are trying to maintain their tribal identity,

so that is not buying into the Thai Identity and must be trouble.

No mention of the Thai gangsters who payfor the poppies to be grown,

MUST be the poor hill people who are the real problems.. Right? NOT!

Most thoughtful Thais don't seem to believe this BS. during daylight,

but when drunk many go with what was beaten into their heads as children;

'Every one not us is and ENEMY and out to ruin Thailand.'

Purest BS, but repeat BS long enough people believe.

Also if you notice the paranoia about needing to get more WHITENESS.

All darker skin Thais MUST be lower class, so whiten up girls.

So with this back drop it's easy to see why Fahrangs get targeted

early and often for the ills of the country. We are CLEARLY not Thai;

if Khemers can't be considered Thais how can the English, Americans

Russian, Dutch and French. Now when you get the Africans you have

dark skin AND foreignness. A perfect target.

The Police have a good idea who's dealing

because of who pays the kickbacks and protection.

They don't roadblock fahrangs though, just worker bee Thais...

Basically a few bigger fish will do perp walks, to make the

returning Police big wig, look like a real bigwig.

He just got the job back MUST look like he's doing SOMETHING.

Besides the DEA just came calling, perfect time to make

one local bust look like a national move for cleaner streets.

The major busts all the time we hear about

are Wa Army Thai network workers moving yaba for Thais.

THAT is the real hardcore drug problem here. Thais targeting Thais.

Not foreigners targeting vacationers.

But it looks better to target obvious outsiders in this climate,

so it makes better nationalistic press. Image before substance

Business as usual.

Then back to profits for all.

Edited by animatic

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that great...after years of selling drugs they have finally decided to "stop" them. Good that they ran a big ad in the local papers to let them know they are coming after them.

The reason the BIB ran an ad in the papers, is because they got a load of stick a few years ago, useing heavy handed tactic's trying to stamp out drug dealers before the Kings birthday. If they shoot drug dealing foreigners there would be condemnation from all the "do gooders" everywhere. At least this way gives the Bad Boys a get out of the country and stay out before the BIB comes after them.

Not sure why everyone gets so worked up about this. It is just the typical press release giving bonus points to the police claiming they are about to do something. Not that they have actually done anything of course, just that they are planning to. They will no doubt round a few people up to some nice photo ops then it will all fade away.

This is a really beauty though, not only are they claiming that they are going to clean up drug dealers, but even better, they are evil foreigners to boot. And then the icing on the cake, many Thai women are tricked into marrying foreigners so that that innocent young lasses get forced into being drug runners.

Any decent press would have torn the guy to shreds over this press release, but not here, just printed word for word without any comment.

Wow, this is really going to sort out the countries woes. Wasn't the last one about cleaning up the taxi scams at the airport?

Thailand drug agency poised to bust foreign gangs

Drug agency poised to bust foreign gangs

BANGKOK: -- The anti-drug agency and police are gearing up to dismantle foreign-organised crime syndicates which have been controlling the trade in illicit drugs at some of Thailand's famous tourist destinations for years. Krissana Pol-anand, the secretary-general of the Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB), said ONCB officials and drug suppression police were very concerned about the drug trade run by foreign businessmen in Phuket, Koh Samui and Pattaya.

''The drug trade run by foreign businessmen has been increasing in these areas. We're collecting evidence in order to bring these people to justice as soon as possible,'' said Pol Lt-Gen Krissana.

The ONCB yesterday held a press conference to announce its new drugs suppression policy.

Pol Lt-Gen Krissana had been transferred to an inactive post at Government House by the coup-appointed government of former prime minister Gen Surayud Chulanont. He was re-appointed as chief of the ONCB by the Samak administration a few months ago.

He said the ONCB and the police were combining forces to keep a close watch on foreign drug traders. He claimed the authorities already had a list of people involved in the illicit business.

He said foreign drug dealers, especially Africans, had run their businesses in the country's tourist destinations for years. Some opened a business office in town as a front to conceal their illegal activities from authorities, while others travelled back and forth between their countries and Thailand.

Pol Lt-Gen Krissana also expressed concern over the growing number of Thai women being deceived into marrying foreigners and being used by foreign drug dealers as couriers.

Many had been used as drug couriers, he said. Over the past two years, 82 Thai women had been arrested in China and Australia after carrying heroin from India and Pakistan via Thailand.

''I don't want Thai women to think that marrying foreigners will make their lives better because sometimes they are lured into the drug trade,'' he said.

He said the Interior Ministry had been asked to help in a campaign to educate women in rural areas about these foreign drug dealers' ploys.

He said he had instructed officials to step up suppression of the drugs trade in 22 border districts in nine provinces over the past two months. Officers had found information that large amounts of methamphetamines would flood into the country during this period.

-- Bangkok Post 2008-08-09

Here we go again,bad farang....''I don't want Thai women to think that marrying foreigners will make their lives better because sometimes they are lured into the drug trade,'' he said.

Idiots the will never learn anything.

So little changes...

The Thai press says JUMP and the stinking masses say "how hi?", so they don't get disturbed in their little idyll.

The AFP did the bust in Oz, but my question is, "who told them?" since they have proven without a shadow of doubt that investigation is beyond their skill set.

In the mean time, ladies, the Thai Drug Barons (in uniform generally), don't have to worry too much about competition, do they pets?

As for Thai women being "lured" into anything. LOL. You are joking of course.

Edited by Considered Opinion

Good about time they stopped the evil farangs.... and we all know that ALL farangs are evil

Esp liked the line about Thai women should not marry farangs, some insecurities showing through in those statements

Edited by NotATourist

half this thread has been taken up by posters having a pissin contests on grammar.. oh dear!!

anyway.. I think this a great thing and I think the Police are actually pretty well spot on in their assessment, on mainly foreigners being involved in SOME of the drugs here.. Coke for instance is brought in by the Africans mainly and distributed mainly through Expats in most provinces.. Its no secret.

The rest I have no idea about, I assume much of the yaba and alike come from Burma and or China.. Heroin etc, I have no clue..

SAY NO TO DRUGS>> as an ex user, I now have a full and happy life!! I also have more money, motivation, direction and balance..

I hope by reading the plan from the police some of the dealers will get out of the biz before they lose their lives inside prison or worse.. It aint worth it guys!

"Pissin" is slang and should be avoided on this site. Add a "g". No - joking, well spoken webtv! Hope not too many Thais use thaivisa as a benchmark for farang expats social awareness. If so we are up shit creek.

And please remember that for many of us written English is not our natural language. We do our best, but given the amount of braindead threads, maybe we should change to Mandarin or French?

As for the dealers: call them scum, call them whatever you want if it makes you feel superior. I lost my son because of them, and I do not call them scum! They are doing illegitimate business, and the only way to get rid of them is professional police-work, following the money.

I would appreciate seeing the infantile pissing contests moved to a suitable bar for octogenerian(?) English-speaking scum.

All my best wishes to the Thai police. Do your job!

Not sure why everyone gets so worked up about this. It is just the typical press release giving bonus points to the police claiming they are about to do something. Not that they have actually done anything of course, just that they are planning to. They will no doubt round a few people up to some nice photo ops then it will all fade away.

This is a really beauty though, not only are they claiming that they are going to clean up drug dealers, but even better, they are evil foreigners to boot. And then the icing on the cake, many Thai women are tricked into marrying foreigners so that that innocent young lasses get forced into being drug runners.

Any decent press would have torn the guy to shreds over this press release, but not here, just printed word for word without any comment.

Wow, this is really going to sort out the countries woes. Wasn't the last one about cleaning up the taxi scams at the airport?

Exactly. A propaganda piece with some good old nationalism thrown in. Appears to be working.

Alot of people make some good points here. This really seems like some sort of image posturing for the police and a bit of anti-foreigner sentiment going around on the Thai side of things.

So many people posting on this thread have such strong opinions on the matter. If you want such a sanitized lifestyle, try living in Singapore for a while. See how smiling and friendly they are. See how interesting it is. A certain amount of grey area, black market, or underground is part of civilization and makes it more interesting. There is no utopia let's face it. An example: Every Farang in Thailand has at one time or another benefited from the ability to pay a bribe at least once.

That being said, after living in Koh Samui for some time, the drug dealers are either foreigners, who eventually piss of the local mafia for making too much profit or being flashy with their assets, or the local Thai mafia themselves. The foreigners don't last too long, and they are usually ex-British gangsters that simply aren't scared off by the potential punishment for getting caught (which is much greater than in England). There are a fair amount of foreigners who smuggle enough product over with them to pay for their holiday. I have seen that stupid routine over and over again, but that is small enough quantities that it really doesn't matter and it certainly isn't affecting young Thai youth.

It could be said that the reason the Thai mafia and their end-point Thai sellers are selling drugs in the first place is to support tourist who want it when they come on holiday (if we are going to list Phuket, Koh Samui, and Pattaya). It could also be said that those same Thai mafia and their end-point sellers could become addicted to their own product. So it's really about tourism and foreigners. The problem wouldn't be there without the influx of foreign influence, demand, and the revenue made from the tourism industry in general. There are also load of young Thai men and women addicted to Yabba and methamphetamines that most foreign tourists wouldn't touch.

Class A drugs are a bad thing, but I believe that politicians who allow tobacco to be legal in this day and age because it doesn't make you high is one of the biggest crimes of our time. There is so much clinical data and proof that it kills you, but it's still legal and it's more addictive than heroin. It just kills you slower.

Some people can handle class As and most people cannot. Alot of people can handle alcohol, but some people and certain ethnic groups cannot. What's the difference?

Drugs is such an easy target for politicians to go on about and drum up dramatic public reaction.

I have to ask, Why do drugs dealers make such massive profits? Why do they go to such great lengths to create such elaborate networks and continue to stay in business? Well, that's because most people love to get high in some form. Is that ever going to change? What can be learned from the American prohibition era. What major corporations were made from the smuggling of alcohol from Canada?

So perhaps the good Police Lieutenant General would explain in more detail why this is a threat of near-unprecedented scope, why it has escaped the attention of the authorities for so long, and why it shouldn't be dismissed as typical Thai anti-black scapegoating.

Perhaps there is some overt prejudice shown in respect to certain visible ethnic groups, but I do not believe any particular group has been labeled as "enemy No. 1" . People other than Africans are being targeted too . You need only pick up some of the local Pattaya "news" sources and see the latest details. A classy french gent graces the Pattaya news this week. I think what are being arrested are the low hanging fruit, the dumbest of the dumb, the tards that are neither discreet nor focused in their trade. Look at some of the people. Are they the apex of genius in the EU gene pool? We're not talking about the kid in my class that would get you weed and was trustworthy. These are nasty creeps.

Maybe the reason the Africans are being picked up now is because they have been left alone for a long time and likethe weeds that grow in the yard need to be cut back. It's nice to play the race card, but if some of the people that have been arrested are African and are indeed guilty of the charges, then what have the authorities done that is so wrong?

Is the issue not more to do with the 'Shoot first, ask questions later' attitude of the Drug-enforcement agencies in thailand. If they are going to target foreign gangs, then there are likely to be a few gun battles in which people will get killed. I don't remember the numbers killed (without arrest or trial) during Taksin's 'crackdown' before.

I'm all in favour of breaking the gangs, but not if it's done with the same disregard for legal process as has been done in the past.

Let's hope there are not going to be many (any!?) innocents in the firing line...

A couple of points about this crackdown. First of all, specifically targetting foreigns is discriminatory and as such I would assume rather hard to sort out Thai folks from foreign folks in the same trade. Not too many of these gangs operate without some local assistance. Drug enforcement needs a sustained effort and that's no possible as long as there is so much protection offered to those higher up.

Secondly, a huge amount of drugs transit Thailand on there way to other countries, primarily the West. These seem not to get intradicted on there way. It's OK for foreigners to kill themselves with drugs, but suddenly they don't like it now that their countrymen have enough money to buy some for their own consumption.

I have no affinity or empathy for drug peddlers. I do when you decide it's OK for this one to sell them and that one not to. That's what this campaign appears to be about. It's motives are, therefore, suspect.

<font color="green"><b>Hello folks...seems like old time mafia purging competion! Instead of a Blood-bath, in the streets, the police do the job for them. A win win situation... The police get credit for thier attention to the issue and competion is eliminated. The credit grows if the publiceknows. Just follow the money folks!</font></b>

Pol Lt-Gen Krissana ... said foreign drug dealers, especially Africans, had run their businesses in the country's tourist destinations for years. Some opened a business office in town as a front to conceal their illegal activities from authorities, while others travelled back and forth between their countries and Thailand.

Tourist destinations such as Pattaya? In Banglamung District, Chonburi Province, there are at only 3 dozen registered businesses that have African shareholders.

Or Phuket Town perhaps? No, Kathu District, Phuket Province has a dozen and a half.

Koh Samui District, Surat Thani Province. Two dozen.

Koh Chang District, Trat Province? Two.

So perhaps the good Police Lieutenant General would explain in more detail why this is a threat of near-unprecedented scope, why it has escaped the attention of the authorities for so long, and why it shouldn't be dismissed as typical Thai anti-black scapegoating.

Thailand drug agency poised to bust foreign gangs

Drug agency poised to bust foreign gangs

Certain dtugs are certainly no laughing matter but that's just hilarious coming from one of the most corrupt police forces on the face of the Earth.

Edited by Tony Clifton

Here here,

Get rid of the scum !!!

how do you define scum old chap?

Are people who sell alcohol to others in the same boat?

Is hilltribe farmer who knows know better way to feed his family, scum? (Should be "no")

Are the legal fag dealers, the ones who target kids, scum?

Yours is the typical base reaction,

You simply cannot class everyone the same way. I might call people who makes simple spelling errors moron,s.

Uneducated, low class fools.

But they,ve probably suffered something in life to prevent them from getting it right.

By the way, you should of been ' hear, hear. (You mean HAVE)See, we all makes mistakes.

In answer to your quote/questions.

1.Scum would be the drug dealers who induce other persons to grow, sell, traffic or use an illegal substance.

2. Alcohol is legal and those who sell it to minors are scum.

3. The hilltribe farmer did grow food for his family and others until scum came and made an offer of a lot of cash if he grew plants which could be turned into drugs.

4. Cigarettes are legal and yes the person selling them to minors is scum, I presume you mean cigarettes when you say fag, as the term fag commonly refers to homosexual?

5. I would not class anyone, as an uneducated low class fool if they makes spelling mistakes.

6. How is spelt with a capitol when starting a sentence. Moron's is not spelt with a comma.

The death penalty is still given in Thailand for drug dealers who sell, deal or are in posession of a certain ammount of an "A" Class drug. I am all for the death penalty, as there are enough warnings all over the country and the world for that matter, that state the death penalty will be enforced.

OZMADE >

Morons - plural is not spelt with an apostrophe either

Edited by WilliamIV

Just the kind of dark age WoD nonsense that makes me take my yearly 100K USD spending money elsewhere.

Whenever I drink, I like to have the possibility of lighting up a fat one. It always keeps me from blacking out when I'm drinking too hard, because it makes me drink a lot less. I also stay a lot calmer, I become nicer and I stop reacting aggressively, because like with a lot of other men, alcohol can make my temper rise quite a lot. Besides that, I do it because I want to. :-)

All light drugs should be legalized worldwide. Anyone who needs help quitting should get it. Hard drugs should be tightly controlled, but still given to those who want them. Then the excess tax money from all those billions and billions of dollars saved every year in most countries by not adopting a "war"-strategy against its own citizens can be used to help and treat some of society's most downtrodden individuals, instead of making their lives even more miserable.

Here here,

Get rid of the scum !!!

Is hilltribe farmer who knows know better way to feed his family, scum?

You simply cannot class everyone the same way. I might call people who makes simple spelling errors moron,s.

But they,ve probably suffered something in life to prevent them from getting it right.

By the way, you should of been ' hear, hear.

See, we all makes mistakes.

You should check your own spelling (You simply cannot class everyone the same way. I might call people who makes simple spelling errors moron,s.)

"is a hilltribe farmer who knows NO better......................................... :o

Where I live you can get whatever drug you want in any Karaoke bar [ I am past the age of that shit thank god] But who owns these bars?

Crack down on Falang dealers makes good reading in BKK, make a true impression then crack down on locals and the people that own most of these places. [sorry that would be the police then so don't hold your breath]

Scum is the shit that rises to the top. The residue that corruption leaves in it's wake. Forget your moral wars on drug traffickers. Fight the war on poverty. And you'll be halfway to empowering those that are victimized by corrupt states, nations and global corporations.

the grammar and syntax displayed on this forum is hilarious!

Scum is the shit that rises to the top. The residue that corruption leaves in it's wake. Forget your moral wars on drug traffickers. Fight the war on poverty. And you'll be halfway to empowering those that are victimized by corrupt states, nations and global corporations.

the grammar and syntax displayed on this forum is hilarious!

you sound like a communist! god bless you! has anyone ever thought, why there was never a serious drug problem in the former german democratic republic (GDR) and that without a death penalty! grammar & syntax are abused in a war on certain people, when there are no better arguments.............

Here here,

Get rid of the scum !!!

Is hilltribe farmer who knows know better way to feed his family, scum?

By the way, you should of been ' hear, hear.

See, we all makes mistakes.

Since you guys are critiquing spelling, I think it should be "knows NO better". :o

Peace

Stratone

Its all been said, but selling drugs to farngs on holiday will hardly affect the Thai community and they are probably doing it back "home" anyway so you are not going to clean them up in a 4 week vacation. :D

Now selling Yabba to girls who know know different to keep them thin and petite and attract more customers now thats a different story. I don't think this market is run by farangs and that is where the real damage to this society is. I know a girl who had a money lending business and was cut pretty bad by a girl on yabba when she asked for a payment on the loan. :o

From what I can make out most of that stuff is produced locally across the Thai borders and bought in by people who know the country side :D

There are efforts made to clean this up but it is really just too little too late and I would guess the people involved are too well conected !