U.k Child Benifits

HELLO

I HAVE JUST HAD A WEE BOY AND AM WORKING IN THE U.K PAYING U.K TAX AND NATIONAL INSURANCE ....DOES THE GOVERMENT PAY OUT CHILD BENIFITS????????? AS I HAVE BEEN LIVING IN THAILAND FOR 4 YEARS COMUTING BACK AND FORTH ... MY PERCEPTION OF THE SITUATION IS THEY SHOULD PAY FOR MY CHILD AS I,M PAYING THERE TAX ...UNTIL HE IS 16 YEARS OLD....ANY INFO MUCH APPRECIATED ...MARTIN CAMPBELL...((email-phone removed)) .............HELP ME AS IF YOU ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION OR WILL BE SOON WE NEED AN ANSWER...!!!!

HELLO

I HAVE JUST HAD A WEE BOY AND AM WORKING IN THE U.K PAYING U.K TAX AND NATIONAL INSURANCE ....DOES THE GOVERMENT PAY OUT CHILD BENIFITS????????? AS I HAVE BEEN LIVING IN THAILAND FOR 4 YEARS COMUTING BACK AND FORTH ... MY PERCEPTION OF THE SITUATION IS THEY SHOULD PAY FOR MY CHILD AS I,M PAYING THERE TAX ...UNTIL HE IS 16 YEARS OLD....ANY INFO MUCH APPRECIATED ...MARTIN [email protected] IN LOWER CASE .. TEL;0831715691 .............HELP ME AS IF YOU ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION OR WILL BE SOON WE NEED AN ANSWER...!!!!

Hi Martin

You pay UK tax on UK income irespective of where you live. If you child is a UK citizen & living in the UK, a Uk parent can claim UK benifits.

I know wombles like to clean up, but be serious ! :o:D:D

Dave

HELLO

I HAVE JUST HAD A WEE BOY AND AM WORKING IN THE U.K PAYING U.K TAX AND NATIONAL INSURANCE ....DOES THE GOVERMENT PAY OUT CHILD BENIFITS????????? AS I HAVE BEEN LIVING IN THAILAND FOR 4 YEARS COMUTING BACK AND FORTH ... MY PERCEPTION OF THE SITUATION IS THEY SHOULD PAY FOR MY CHILD AS I,M PAYING THERE TAX ...UNTIL HE IS 16 YEARS OLD....ANY INFO MUCH APPRECIATED ...MARTIN CAMPBELL...((email-phone removed)) .............HELP ME AS IF YOU ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION OR WILL BE SOON WE NEED AN ANSWER...!!!!

Nope. The child has to be in the UK or Europe. Asia doesn't count. Not fair is it...You work in the Uk and pay your taxes but Poles, Bulgarians etc can make the claim in the Uk and send the money to Eastern Europe.

HELLO

Nope. The child has to be in the UK or Europe. Asia doesn't count. Not fair is it...You work in the Uk and pay your taxes but Poles, Bulgarians etc can make the claim in the Uk and send the money to Eastern Europe.

But I belive that you can clain child tax credits. Poles working in the UK who have kids back in Poland are getting tax credits.

But I belive that you can clain child tax credits. Poles working in the UK who have kids back in Poland are getting tax credits.

Kevin, Thailand is not in the EU (European Union), nor is it in Europe.

--

Maestro

--

Maestro

Just 2 weeks ago, my neighbour upcountry (a Dutch guy) said his newborn Thai baby is entitled to (as it came through Thai coconut phone) to a "salary" from the Dutch government.

I could not beleive it but he made that widely known.

He is himself on some "mental disability" pension, not that old (54).

The baby was born in Thai, parents legally married.

Edited by think_too_mut

--

Maestro

The implication was that they were not getting it because Poland was in the EU. The child does not have to be resident in the UK. I think the OP should go for it.

Poland joined the EU in 2004 but tax credits were introduced in 2003. If the Poles got credits for 2003 then the precident was set.

My son is now 4 and last time I checked a couple of years ago on child benefit I was not entitled to claim as I was living in Thailand.

However if we were resident in the UK I could make the claim on his behalf and it would be granted.

The main drawback to that is that all of my family would have to live in the UK. My wife does not want to and neither do I.

We will be going on a trip in a couple of years to show our son where Daddy was born and lived in the early years of his life and probably meet my other son, his half brother after which we will come home to Thailand and never go back to the land of my birth.