What Can I Do With Them?

wcr

I have my mother and father coming over to visit this coming weekend. This is their first visit to Thailand and Pattaya. they don't want to travel much, so I am looking for interesting things to do and visit within a 2 hour drive of Pattaya and in Pattaya of course.

Background to them. Both mid 60's, a little conservative with sex issues. Not into laying on beaches.

Please can you list you top 5 favourite places to visit/do and matbe I'll get some new ideas to keep them amused for the 2 weeks they are here.

Thanks in advance.

PS Anyone stayed the night on Koh Samet? If so where did you stay and what is there to do there?

The Japanese Aquarium at Bang Saen,

The Ancient City, near Samut Prakarn - very good way of getting an idea of the roots of Thai culture with out treking across the whole country.

Wat Yan, near the big buddha shown above. Large exhibition of Chinese art.

The Ancient City, near Samut Prakarn  -  very good way of getting an idea of the roots of Thai culture with out treking across the whole country.

Both these are new for me astral, could you tell me a little more detail, and where Samet Prakarn is?

Many thanks

The Ancient City, near Samut Prakarn  -  very good way of getting an idea of the roots of Thai culture with out treking across the whole country.

Both these are new for me astral, could you tell me a little more detail, and where Samet Prakarn is?

Many thanks

Maybe Samet prakan just west of BKK.

The aquarium is on sukhamvit in between Lotus and the dinosaur park/ elephant farm.

The museum by the buddha IMAGE (THE PIC) is good with the terracota warriors. the lake, wats and gardens there are beautiful.

Many thanks

Drive to BangSaen. Turn left at the lights and the aquarium is about 1km down on

the left. Well sign posted. Admission is 20 baht I think, not like the aquarium in Pattaya. Same price for all.

Good assortment of fish, and even sharks in the large tank.

Well maintained.

Samut Prakarn is on the old Sukhumvit Highway.

About 15km beyond Chonburi, look for the sign to Samut Prakarn and Chachoensao. You take a left fork as the main road goes over the junction.

Take the left turn to Samut Prakran.

I am not sure how far it is then, maybe 30km. The road is dual carriageway alongside a canal on the right. The Ancient City, Muang Buoran is on the right and you will have to do a U-turn and come back to it.

Quite a large site, you can take the car in, or you could when I took my parents.

They have replicas of the major historic sites around the country.