Will I Like Chiangmai?

curiouspasserby

If you DO NOT have a respiratory health condition, you will probably be very comfortable in Chiang Mai at any time of the year. People who do may want to avoid Chiang Mai during the first month or so of hot season. :o

Well, obviously different people have different ideas about what is comfortable. I arrived here in March. March - May were brutally hot. June 'til now have been not quite as hot but oppressively humid. I think there has been one week in the six months I've been here when it actually felt nice outside. Weather-wise, I'm looking forward to November and December, which I've heard are pleasant.

And although I do not have a respiratory condition, the pollution here is really getting to me. Perhaps it's because the only transportation options available to me all involve being in amongst the clouds of vehicle exhaust, not "safely" cooped up in a car. If I take a 5-minute walk to the corner market, I come back smelling like gasoline and motor oil.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you DO NOT have a respiratory health condition, you will probably be very comfortable in Chiang Mai at any time of the year. People who do may want to avoid Chiang Mai during the first month or so of hot season. :o

Well, obviously different people have different ideas about what is comfortable. I arrived here in March. March - May were brutally hot. June 'til now have been not quite as hot but oppressively humid. I think there has been one week in the six months I've been here when it actually felt nice outside. Weather-wise, I'm looking forward to November and December, which I've heard are pleasant.

And although I do not have a respiratory condition, the pollution here is really getting to me. Perhaps it's because the only transportation options available to me all involve being in amongst the clouds of vehicle exhaust, not "safely" cooped up in a car. If I take a 5-minute walk to the corner market, I come back smelling like gasoline and motor oil.

Sawadee Kup Angel, I sent a reply to your PM but it got eaten by the

fiends that lurk in the electron superhighway. I have no idea where you are from but from your post and PM I feel for you. I felt the same

when I first visited Thailand. I wanted to run away too. My post was a

way of telling new folks that it is not the pristine life we were used to.

Those of us who have been here for a number of years know this town and the many wonderful things it has to explore and enjoy. Yes, please stay until November and the Loy Krathong Festival. If you are a woman, I like the smell of gasoline and oil on a woman :D Sawadee Kup

Sawadee Kup Angel, I sent a reply to your PM but it got eaten by the

fiends that lurk in the electron superhighway. I have no idea where you are from but from your post and PM I feel for you. I felt the same

when I first visited Thailand. I wanted to run away too. My post was a

way of telling new folks that it is not the pristine life we were used to.

Those of us who have been here for a number of years know this town and the many wonderful things it has to explore and enjoy. Yes, please stay until November and the Loy Krathong Festival. If you are a woman, I like the smell of gasoline and oil on a woman :o Sawadee Kup

Thanks for the reply. I will be here 'til late December. No choice in that, as my U.S. employer has me on contract over here. So, I'll make the best of it while I'm here, and once I get back to the U.S., I'm sure my system will go into shock at the lack of pollutants in the air. :D

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It sure looks like I can get by 20k BHT no problems! Oh yeah, do the fair skin Thai girls originate from around here? Where have I heard that before? And are there many ladyboys in CM? Man, can't wait for next year! Cheers.

Cant anyone read here? second time he has asked. I live in Bkk so cannot help BUT the man wants to write a book and scr#w lady boys. Interesting lifestyle and each to their own but surely someone in C/M can help him out. Blinky??

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It sure looks like I can get by 20k BHT no problems! Oh yeah, do the fair skin Thai girls originate from around here? Where have I heard that before? And are there many ladyboys in CM? Man, can't wait for next year! Cheers.

Cant anyone read here? second time he has asked. I live in Bkk so cannot help BUT the man wants to write a book and scr#w lady boys. Interesting lifestyle and each to their own but surely someone in C/M can help him out. Blinky??

Well, he missed his chance.

The katoey kwai gang has been arrested.