2pm Tuesday 16th Nov

Ian_B

Just a reminder for anybody who has a pre-purchased copy of Half Life 2 via Steam

Valve will be unlocking it at around this time and I'm leaving work early as a result (shhhh!)

Will this be this months "BEST GAME EVER!"

I hope more games get released this way as I really believe it will cut down on Piracy as I always feel better when I play games I legally bought.

I've been playing Counterstrike source for the past few weeks and loving it - a really great update to the classic CS

Just a reminder for anybody who has a pre-purchased copy of Half Life 2 via Steam

Valve will be unlocking it at around this time and I'm leaving work early as a result (shhhh!)

Will this be this months "BEST GAME EVER!"

I hope more games get released this way as I really believe it will cut down on Piracy as I always feel better when I play games I legally bought.

I've been playing Counterstrike source for the past few weeks and loving it - a really great update to the classic CS

I've read quite a few "advance reviews" gave the game like 97%, 96% and ridiculous figures like that (though the reviews themselves arn't available yet)

This game is gonna be awsome, though on my PC maybe not.

Doom 3 is too DARK, I can't see WTFs going on.

Let us know your initial impressions when you get a change, including how well it runs + your machine spec

Cheers

I would think Half Life 2 is easier on your hardware than Doom 3

Using CS:Source as a guide I can play it smoothly in 1280x756 widescreen with most options on full.

With Doom 3 I only had smooth gameplay at 800x600 on medium

I have 2gig P4, 512meg ram and ATI9600xt

Not much been about since Doom3,I really need a good game,has anyone played Rome,I brought a copy last time I was in bangkok,but could not get it to load,always crashed on the 3rd cd.

If its any good I will but the original.

I just dl a game called Freelancer and I really like it. It's a little like Privateer and Elite... that kind of game... though not everyones cup of tea. The graphics are superb.

you can feel the tension building.....

Just watch the BT network go nuts. If you thought D3 was big.....

Too right!

If they say BT accounts for 30% of all net traffic I would say this number would rise even further once HL2 gets cracked, which it surely will in a day or so!

Not long now.... but would not be suprised if a few toerags decide to DDOS the steam servers!

Doom3 was supposed to be dark... twas a great game

I don't mean dark like evil or gothic, but just too dim to see what's happening. It's fine in places, but sometimes you wanna come up for air... that's just me.

You can adjust the brightness in the startup screen , kabal.

Tried that... might just be a sign the the ol' 5yo phillips monitor in nearing the end of it's cycle. I guess bashing the thing (to get the piture back) over that last year hasn't helped matters :o

so much for fookin half life 2.. got as far as the giant sewage mixer bit, and @ the same point as gettin blown to peices by some exploding waste barrels tha <deleted> PSU blew up! :D

Any ideas wether the w350 one I replaced with the blown w500 will be enuf for a P4 3ghz, 2HDs, 1gb RAM, and a Radeon 9800 256mb... While I get a replacement? :o

Unlocking took about 20mins on my PC - and have been playing it solid for 2hrs now

Runs much better than Doom 3 - am playing at 1280x760 widescreen with medium-full details and it is smoot so far

As for the game.... it is fantastic as expected... there goes my sleep for tonight!

Unlocking took about 20mins on my PC - and have been playing it solid for 2hrs now

Runs much better than Doom 3 - am playing at 1280x760 widescreen with medium-full details and it is smoot so far

As for the game.... it is fantastic as expected... there goes my sleep for tonight!

watch out, when u get to the sewage mixer yer computers going to blow up! :o

Evermax is the one thats blown... or so it seems anywayz, I havnt tried a diff one yet to see if it is actually the prob..

When turning the power on though.. nothing, no bleeps, nadda  :o

So I assume thats the prob  :D

Really... check if it's still under warantee, Enermax warantees are quite long.

just under 6 months, so teh job should be a good un :D

Anyone seen a boxed copy of it for sale yet ?

The boxed copies should be on sale this weekend

However I read on the Valve message board that the game has been localised into Thai, so before you buy I would check to see whether the english language files are on the CDs as well

There is a awful lot of speech and it is very well done.

This is the best FPS I have ever played - much better than Halo 2.