What Is Your Favourite Thai Insult?

Baaksida

What is your favourite Thai insult?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Thai insult?

• Farang. (correct pronunciation with an actual 'rrr'
    • Falang.
    • Falang, falang...
    • Falaang haaa baht...
    • Falaang kee nok.
    • Falaang ha mok (ha mok / ka mok ???)
    • Falang ding dong.
    • Falaang baaah...
    • Faraang ngo...
    • Falaang cazy! (no 'r')
    • Cheap Chaaly.
    • White boy.
    • You...
    • You, you, you, you...
    • Other (please specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

Living since more than two years in Thailand, I have come along most of them. Those insults are, in my experience, less frequent in Bangkok as they are 'upcountry' (esp. in the South), and less frequent in places which rely on tourism of Westerners.

Also, it seems to have gotten worse over the years. I can remember that I hardly heard an insult seven years ago when I was for the first time in Thailand.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a very comprehensive list of rude thai works  :D

Thanks!

I'd like to add, that I usually don't mind the first two options, especially if it's muttered by children.

But I don't take it lightly to be called 'stupid' or 'crazy' by old female dragons who can't sell their bad food to me, then going around the neighbourhood insulting me on and off. :o

Living since more than two years in Thailand, I have come along most of them. Those insults are, in my experience, less frequent in Bangkok as they are 'upcountry' (esp. in the South), and less frequent in places which rely on tourism of Westerners.

Also, it seems to have gotten worse over the years. I can remember that I hardly heard an insult seven years ago when I was for the first time in Thailand.

I've got to disagree the only places I've heared these used are in the tourist areas, then only in bars. Falang or farang is'nt meant as an insult at all as far as i'm concerned.

Is'nt the south "downcountry"?? :o

I usually reply with Yed Mae or something similar.....

Telling someone to do that to their mother could get you into trouble :D

I was going to post some real thai insults but thought better of it!!

I've got to disagree the only places I've heared these used are in the tourist areas, then only in bars. Falang or farang is'nt meant as an insult at all as far as i'm concerned.

By definition, 'upcountry' means 'inlland', but the usage here seems to mean 'anywhere outside the Bangkok area'

Yeah, you could also be telling him to ###### your mother.

Good idea. Sounds like some of these guys are reaping what they're sowing anyway, and a little knowledge might be too dangerous for them. It's a very stupid game to trade insults with Thais.

By definition, 'upcountry' means 'inlland', but the usage here seems to mean 'anywhere outside the Bangkok area'

I know, I was joking

Yeah, you could also be telling him to ###### your mother.

Yea I suppose it could or even just "a" mother.

Good idea. Sounds like some of these guys are reaping what they're sowing anyway, and a little knowledge might be too dangerous for them. It's a very stupid game to trade insults with Thais.

Thats what I tought.

a very comprehensive list of rude thai works   :D

Thanks!

Was taking the piss :o

Yet mae > Mother######er

Yet mang > ###### you

Kha-too-eh > Ladyboy

Kwai mah > Dog's dick

Khon tingtong > Insane people

Farang ba > Stupid foreigner

Yet > ######

Kuay > Cock

Ai sat > <deleted>

Hoop baak > Shut up

I hayer > Son of a bitch

Gengri > Whore

Farang keenohk > Birdshit foreigner

Mung > Highly derogative form of 'you'

Goo > Highly arrogant form of 'me'

Ga-ree > Whore, Slut

Loog-Ga-Ree > Son of the bitch

Por Mung Tai > Wish your father dead

Mae-Mung-Tai > Wish your mother dead

Yed Por > ###### your father

Tood-Muek > ######

Gook Kuay > Damned Penis

Na-Hee > Cuntface

Ai Na Dad > Clit face

Dollair > Bullshitter

Ra Yum > Shitpanish

Hee mah > Dog pussy

Yet ped > Duck ######er

Hee > Pussy

Hee mae mang > ###### your mother

Hua kuai > <deleted>

Heeh men > Smelly pussy

gettin bored of boomboom, ready for a new account :D

if u mean my post, I make more than u do in a year in a single month dim wit :o

How a teacher can call anyone that is beyond me...

Thais tell me that Ajarn is the correct definition of lower class farang, they always seem to laugh when u point out someone is a teacher? :D

if u mean my post, I make more than u do in a year in a single month dim wit  :D   And conditions providing, more than u make in a month in a single day  :o

How a teacher can call anyone that is beyond me..

Thais tell me that Ajarn is the correct definition of lower class farang, they always seem to laugh when u point out someone is a teacher?  :D

#1. You don't know me or anything about me or my money. And only a complete Neolithic idiot would make such a stupid remark about money.. (realise than I am calling you an idiot, but I'm not calling you stupid-just your statements.) :D

#2 I didn't call you anything earlier. I merely pointed out your incorrect definition, and pointed at your much clearer illustration of its use by Thais.

And you continue to keep illustrating it, and a few more, over and over again :D

By the way, my name here is not 'teacher', it's 'Ajarn'. :wub:

a very comprehensive list of rude thai works   :D

Thanks!

Was taking the piss :o

Yet mae > Mother######er - yet mare

Yet mang > ###### you - mung?

Kha-too-eh > Ladyboy - katoey

Kwai mah > Dog's dick - or buffalo horse

Khon tingtong > Insane people - silly people (ba ba baboor is crazy/insane)

Farang ba > Stupid foreigner - crazy foreigner

Yet > ######

Kuay > Cock - door

Ai sat > <deleted>

Hoop baak > Shut up - sow wow for Isaan

I hayer > Son of a bitch - ?

Gengri > Whore

Ga-ree > Whore, Slut

Tood-Muek > ######

Gook Kuay > Damned Penis

Na-Hee > Cuntface

Ai Na Dad > Clit face

Dollair > Bullshitter

Ra Yum > Shitpanish

Hee mah > Dog pussy

Yet ped > Duck ######er

Hee > Pussy - "######" (pussy is jim or hoy)

Hua kuai > <deleted> - huar door

Heeh men > Smelly pussy - smelly ######

gettin bored of boomboom, ready for a new account :D

I think a good expression for you would be "taloong" :D

That posting is the perfect illustration of the correct definition of Farang Kii Nok :o

Does that mean something unpleasant from a bird ? and is is usually spoken when they poke out their tongue ???

My wife's mother says that a fair bit, fortunately not to me :D

From the times I've heard it used, they were using it to refer to 'dirty' (Sokaprok) farangs, which could refer to their appearance or actions. Some Thais generalize the term to include all backpackers, too, but I've only run across this kind of language a couple of times in twenty years. It isn't an often-used expression, in my experience. More often said by farangs, it seems.

And, like you, I've never heard a Thai use it in reference to me :D

That posting is the perfect illustration of the correct definition of Farang Kii Nok :o

Does that mean something unpleasant from a bird ? and is is usually spoken when they poke out their tongue ???

My wife's mother says that a fair bit, fortunately not to me :D

From the times I've heard it used, they were using it to refer to 'dirty' (Sokaprok) farangs, which could refer to their appearance or actions. Some Thais generalize the term to include all backpackers, too, but I've only run across this kind of language a couple of times in twenty years. It isn't an often-used expression, in my experience.

And, like you, I've never heard a Thai use it in reference to me :D

who doesnt know what there talking about???? It means farang with no money/lower class numb nut :wub: Hence the reference from me 2 money, which as u now see was not out of context one little bit :D

Teachers lookin down there noses @ people, now theres a supprise 4 u :D

My wife's mother says that a fair bit, fortunately not to me

From the times I've heard it used, they were using it to refer to 'dirty' (Sokaprok) farangs, which could refer to their appearance or actions. Some Thais generalize the term to include all backpackers, too, but I've only run across this kind of language a couple of times in twenty years. It isn't an often-used expression, in my experience. More often said by farangs, it seems.

And, like you, I've never heard a Thai use it in reference to me 

I heard this once, directed straight at me, when wearing my smart work clothes in the most expensive hospital in Thailand. Two guys walked into the toilets stood on either side of me and one said "farang kee nok". If my wife had not been upstairs about to give birth, I don't know what I would have done. I find that most Thai people don't know the meaning of the phrase. Some think it means farangs speak a lot like a bird, or that is what they say they think! I think the phrase comes from the hippies in Khao San Road years back. It was one of the first things in Thai I learnt, hearing it a lot(not at me always) when I first came here and stayed in KSR.

Was taking the piss 

Yet mae > Mother######er - yet mare

Yet mang > ###### you - mung?

Kha-too-eh > Ladyboy - katoey

Kwai mah > Dog's dick - or buffalo horse

Khon tingtong > Insane people - silly people (ba ba baboor is crazy/insane)

Farang ba > Stupid foreigner - crazy foreigner

Yet > ######

Kuay > Cock - door

Ai sat > <deleted>

Hoop baak > Shut up - sow wow for Isaan

I hayer > Son of a bitch - ?

Gengri > Whore

Ga-ree > Whore, Slut

Tood-Muek > ######

Gook Kuay > Damned Penis

Na-Hee > Cuntface

Ai Na Dad > Clit face

Dollair > Bullshitter

Ra Yum > Shitpanish

Hee mah > Dog pussy

Yet ped > Duck ######er

Hee > Pussy - "######" (pussy is jim or hoy)

Hua kuai > <deleted> - huar door

Heeh men > Smelly pussy - smelly ######

gettin bored of boomboom, ready for a new account

I think a good expression for you would be "taloong" 

I suggest anyone reading this very badly translated list not to use it.

About 10 years ago, when I had been here for 2 years and "knew it all", I was told a couple of insults. One was "mong hee arai". I ended up in hospital twice when I probably had said this.

There are a lot worse things here. Do not call Thai people names, especially mentioning animals, unless you want to get hurt. I have seen it many many times in Bangkok Night Clubs, not in the tourist area.

Very dangerous is the farang, especially drunk, thinking incorrectly he knows the Thai culture and language.

This guy Boom boom has "failed teacher" written on his forehead.

Like Randomchances, I was going to post a few REALLY bad ones, but it would not be wise.