What Is Your Favourite Thai Insult?

Baaksida

What is your favourite Thai insult?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Thai insult?

• Farang. (correct pronunciation with an actual 'rrr'
    • Falang.
    • Falang, falang...
    • Falaang haaa baht...
    • Falaang kee nok.
    • Falaang ha mok (ha mok / ka mok ???)
    • Falang ding dong.
    • Falaang baaah...
    • Faraang ngo...
    • Falaang cazy! (no 'r')
    • Cheap Chaaly.
    • White boy.
    • You...
    • You, you, you, you...
    • Other (please specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

Why use 10 words where 500 will do?

On the subject of Thais insulting Farang :-

I exercise my right to respond to these insults with insults in kind.

You never hear insults directed towards you ( From aforementioned Thais)

We're both Happy.

Now THAT'S "Chilled" baby!

:o

ps I'm not Bitter , more of a Cider man.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to "side" with Chonabot.  I know and regularly have beers with quite a few farong teachers in Korat (and previously Bangkok) and I do not find them to have have the "smugness" that Ajarn portrays in his postings.  In fact great "drinking friends".

Like all advice or suggestions, it's your choice as to take it or leave it...

Your opinion about any smugness is still simply that- your opinion. And I choose to ignore such un-insightfull journeys into my psyche as an expression of your own ignorance or lack of experience with me. I express my experiences here honestly and openly without any agenda except to be supportive of others learning about life here. I've never professed to have all the answers- far from it- but I have lived here successfully for almost twenty years, so I believe I do have some experience that might be usefull to someone else. By the same vein, I'm also here to learn from those with more or different experiences than me. Lots of very inteligent people here for me to learn from.

But anyone can choose to twist my motives/agenda around any way they want without any need to be reality-based in your assumptions or even ask me directly. That's too hard for some, especially those without a pot to piss in, but with tons of anger/jealousy/resentment/whatever eating away at them inside. Been there, done that, too. Narrow/closed-minded thinkers are welcome to join in, as is usual here. It doesn't change my world a bit. I will continue to truck on, nonetheless. That's my style, like it or not :D

Got some issue with me? Think I'm wrong? Then try to be reasonable and provide some evidence to support your assertions like I consistently do here. If not, then shut up, like I also do at those times :D

As I've said, ad nauseam, I'm always open to reasonable discussion. Nobody here can show otherwise, I'm sure. But closed-minded folks don't get much of my good side :o

And chill out more, too. We all need to do more of that! :D

Fair enough. And no "issues" with you. You've "been there, done that too" and sometimes it seems (yep my opinion), you are still doing it. Talk about twisting words around.

But never mind. I'm "chilled". Really not a big deal.

I tend to "side" with Chonabot.  I know and regularly have beers with quite a few farong teachers in Korat (and previously Bangkok) and I do not find them to have have the "smugness" that Ajarn portrays in his postings.  In fact great "drinking friends".

Like all advice or suggestions, it's your choice as to take it or leave it...

Your opinion about any smugness is still simply that- your opinion. And I choose to ignore such un-insightfull journeys into my psyche as an expression of your own ignorance or lack of experience with me. I express my experiences here honestly and openly without any agenda except to be supportive of others learning about life here. I've never professed to have all the answers- far from it- but I have lived here successfully for almost twenty years, so I believe I do have some experience that might be usefull to someone else. By the same vein, I'm also here to learn from those with more or different experiences than me. Lots of very inteligent people here for me to learn from.

But anyone can choose to twist my motives/agenda around any way they want without any need to be reality-based in your assumptions or even ask me directly. That's too hard for some, especially those without a pot to piss in, but with tons of anger/jealousy/resentment/whatever eating away at them inside. Been there, done that, too. Narrow/closed-minded thinkers are welcome to join in, as is usual here. It doesn't change my world a bit. I will continue to truck on, nonetheless. That's my style, like it or not :D

Got some issue with me? Think I'm wrong? Then try to be reasonable and provide some evidence to support your assertions like I consistently do here. If not, then shut up, like I also do at those times :D

As I've said, ad nauseam, I'm always open to reasonable discussion. Nobody here can show otherwise, I'm sure. But closed-minded folks don't get much of my good side :o

And chill out more, too. We all need to do more of that! :D

no point in arguing with that, regardless of what anyone says you'll still be the same pillock another 20 years down the line Ajarn :D

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2004-11-15 04:07:52)

I heard a funny one today - "tao hua ngoo" - this is in the Isarn dialect.

Anyone know what it means?

Directed at Thai and farang alike. Not sure which deserve it the most.

My interpretation of this is "elder man that likes to fornicate with very young ladies". Was this directed at you? Basically, its like being called a pervert.

Yes, this is an ok translation, I think. Basically, "a dirty old man". Pervert? maybe.

No, this has never been directed at me, yet. Maybe because I am not old, and not a pervert.

Ajarn/Neeranram,

Why the aversion to people learning offensive Thai words? If they don't know the circumstances in which to use a particular insult then they'll soon find out solely through empiricism. It's rather holier-than-thou to imply that you know them all but that's fine because you know where and when to use them but lesser mortals should not have access to this select knowledge because they can't be trusted.

Scouse.

I wouldn't want someone to learn the way I did :D Isn't this forum about helping each other in Thailand. I sometimes wonder with egomania evident :D

Yes it is holier-than-thou, very sorry :o

Why teach someone something that they shouldn't say, and may be dangerous?

Doesn't make much sense.

What the fcku, one of the worst ones you could say is "jai sat"

This is REALLY bad. DON'T use it, unless you know the correct occassion.

I have only heard it said once by a Thai - directed to a child molester.

They had real hatred on their face too.

If you ever use it, don't say I didn't warn you :D