Restaurant And Grocery Delivery Service

Adelita

Hello,

What are the options for restaurant and grocery delivery in Bangkok?

foodbyphone and chefsxpress both have about the same hours

are there any open 24 hours?

And is there any full grocery order and delivery service

besides villa?

Thanks!

Ok,

I suggest someone start a 24 hour delivery service

restaurants in working hours

and groceries whenever.

Neither of those restaurant delivery services have breakfast hour delivery.

And Villa is right now very unreliable with their system.

Perhaps someone can team up with them and help them get started.

We need something very reliable

freshdirect.com has in NY.

Thanks!!

:o

I regularly buy things at places like Central Chidlom supermarket....as long as you buy B1000 or more they deliver it free anywhere within the zones noted (same day--or next day if you shopped late)......its great for buying heavier bulk items (like dozens and dozens of bottled waters, jugs of juice, cases of beer or coke, etc.)

Edited by trajan

Don't know if this is what you're looking for... but McDonald's (1711) just went 24 hours (delivery too) in many parts of Bangkok.

Also, for chefsXP, apparently Sunrise Tacos is delivering 24/7 as well.

Unlucky for me I lived no where near these places.

Hungry for Mexican food.

Edited by GaiYaang

Everybody check freshdirect.com and enter 10001 zip code (New York). See how New Yorkers have a wonderful, full, clear and convenient delivery service for about everything.

Even better than sending the maid to the store with lists or descriptions to buy things,

because you can select all yourself, very clearly.

We need that here!!

Edited by Adelita

Ok,

I suggest someone start a 24 hour delivery service

restaurants in working hours

and groceries whenever.

Neither of those restaurant delivery services have breakfast hour delivery.

And Villa is right now very unreliable with their system.

Perhaps someone can team up with them and help them get started.

We need something very reliable

freshdirect.com has in NY.

Thanks!!

:o

Sunrise Tacos offers 24-hr delivery direct. I ordered from them a couple of weeks ago, very satisfied with the results.

FOOD SHOPPING 101

Grocery stores, hypermarkets do not like this idea because they know that when people shop via a list/ by order, they don't spend on emotional items (wants, not needs) that we see as we walk through their stores.

Furthermore, your average Tesco / Carrefour mall has many smaller outlets surrounding them. As the anchor (owner) of these malls, the Tesco's have a vested interest in ensuring a steady stream of actual people walking, shopping and dining in their malls. Many customers = higher rents = more money for Tesco.

As for independent delivery companies, there are too many variables that make this type of system not very feasible.

1) The sheer size of products offered by your average Tesco etc. would be difficult for a delivery company to manage and keep updated... Sorry, you don't have toilet paper, floor cleaner and baguets? Means I still have to go shopping anyway

2) Too many headaches with wrong orders, spoiled or damaged goods

3) Payment issues - you brought me the wrong size

4) Weight and bulk, need a car for most deliveries, we are not delivery pizzas here

5) Cost prohibitive for the average shopper - to make any real money a company would need to charge 500 Baht to cover overheads (staff, fuel, time, insurance etc etc etc)

6) I don't know about you, but when I am buying fresh products, I prefer to pick out the exact apple, steak or cheese myself.

Now if I could just get my wife to pick up my dry cleaning on the way home...

so why does it work in New York? And here, where people are even less inclined to go shopping themselves?

Anyways, I talked to Villa people, and they said they are working on their online inventory, and will open the site when they're finished.

so why does it work in New York? And here, where people are even less inclined to go shopping themselves?

Anyways, I talked to Villa people, and they said they are working on their online inventory, and will open the site when they're finished.

In New York/America is probably more organized.

They actually listen to their customers.

• 2 months later...

Maybe this was already covered but is there any grocery stores or Supermarkets that are open 24 hours in Bangkok? I mean I lived in a very small town in the UK and we had places open 24 hours, I know Thailand is a "3rd World Country" but Bangkok is a major city.

Maybe this was already covered but is there any grocery stores or Supermarkets that are open 24 hours in Bangkok? I mean I lived in a very small town in the UK and we had places open 24 hours, I know Thailand is a "3rd World Country" but Bangkok is a major city.

Foodland is 24hours....sukhuvit soi 5, 16 and silom soi patpong soi 2, I am sure there are others in the city and in Pattaya etc.