Any Olympic Sized Swimming Pools For Swimming Laps In Pattaya

jellymeister

I am invloved with the swimming pool industry here in Pats and basically I wouldn't swim in over 90% of the pools here. I was told by a doctor 3 yrs ago that over 80% of the ears, eyes, nose & throat infections were from swimming pools.

One I can recommend is at the Birds & Bees Resort (Cabbages and Condoms). I believe that you can swim there for 100 baht. It is 25 metres and well looked after. I have fitted some equipment that sanitises water and makes it safer.

Good luck

I would have to also endorse the "Ambassador" option.It is not quite "in Pattaya" of course but if one were seriously

into your swimming/training it would be well worth the 15/20 minute'ish drive!!

If you're after a truly Olympic-sized swimming pool,then all previous 25 metre references et.al. are somewhat moot.

You can of course swim the 25metres twice...but I don't know your personal circumstances and possibly you want/need

to swim a 50 metre singular length for training purposes.The Ambassador is a pool I've used a lot in years gone by and I was

never a "member".I couldn't imagine this to be a free facility,but if you wanted to be "creative"...simply walk up to the

pool confidently,plonk yourself down with the look of an individual who has been there many,many times before and it's

entirely possible that you'll fit right in :o . If you're a person of impeccable credentials you can pay, of course,as is your right :D .

:o:D ...yep,as Londoners would say..."after a plate of the Ruby Murray a touch of Gandhi's Revenge is a distinct posibility.."

Just hopefully the person won't deposit the brown chocolate log in the swimming pool :D .Then again,with a plate

of vindaloo in the body the internal combustion engine is working overtime and a succession of ferocious farts would

enable the lucky swimmer to complete a 50 metre length in almost world record time.........................................

Michael Phelps look out :D

Looking for a place open to public..any advice welcome

Cheers

If you want to swim long distances now in the low season, try Pattaya Park. It's the biggest pool around, measuring 110 m X 50 m, but it's a kind of continuous canal rather than a proper swimming pool. At this time of the year it's usually pretty quiet, so might suit you well. In the high season it can get very busy though. Google Earth has some nice close-up shots, but here's the view of the whole pool area.

post-51556-1218781145_thumb.jpg

Cheers

If you want to swim long distances now in the low season, try Pattaya Park. It's the biggest pool around, measuring 110 m X 50 m, but it's a kind of continuous canal rather than a proper swimming pool. At this time of the year it's usually pretty quiet, so might suit you well. In the high season it can get very busy though. Google Earth has some nice close-up shots, but here's the view of the whole pool area.

What is the entry fee to use that pool?

Cheers

What is the entry fee to use that pool?

Is it not an olympic size swimming pool, the picture is showing it. I always thought it was 50m long. It's behind lush vegetation so I never saw it properly but looked to me quite large from a distance.

The 110m canal pool is about 120cm deep and is more for children and not for serious swimming.

The Water Park entry was ...can't remember...150B? Not more definitely.

Edited by think_too_mut