Nok Air

Backpack_thailand

Just booked a flight BKK-Hat Yai with Nok Air.

Visited their site to check price (1,700 inc. TAX) called the Booking Center and then went to the local 7-Eleven to pay for it - DONE!

What a superb and easy way to do things. Tomorrow I go to Don Muang and collect my ticket before I board.

The best part is that they SMS you confirmation and with your confirmation number you can log-in to their site and even select your seat.

Sorry Air Asia, your time is up! Nok Air GUARANTEES your seat, unlike the free-for-all you get when boarding with AA.

A Happy Traveller!

Sorry Air Asia, your time is up!  Nok Air GUARANTEES your seat, unlike the free-for-all you get when boarding with AA.

A Happy Traveller!

I have a ticket with Air Asia for Phuket in Jan. Does this mean I may not be able to fly on that day even if my online ticket shows as confirmed?

No. It just means you do not have an assigned seat - you board and take any open seat. People say it is faster this way as you don't have people trying to find assigned seats and blocking everyone else.

• 2 weeks later...
Just booked a flight BKK-Hat Yai with Nok Air.

Visited their site to check price (1,700 inc. TAX) called the Booking Center and then went to the local 7-Eleven to pay for it - DONE!

What a superb and easy way to do things. Tomorrow I go to Don Muang and collect my ticket before I board.

The best part is that they SMS you confirmation and with your confirmation number you can log-in to their site  and even select your seat.

Sorry Air Asia, your time is up!  Nok Air GUARANTEES your seat, unlike the free-for-all you get when boarding with AA.

A Happy Traveller!

If you boarding with TG to Hatyai, it's cost more than 3000 baht. If I were you, I will choose Nok-Air same to you.

But my home is in Suratthani, It doesn't have any airline except TG. So sadddd. :o

Air Asia are still cheaper and fly to more places. Nok Air don't go to Khon Kaen yet - be interesting to see what fares and service they will provide. All 3 (Thai, AA and NOK) fly Bangkok to Khon Kaen.

Here's an example of the fares with the 3 airlines:

Thai Airways: 1610 baht (plus taxes)

Nok Air: 834.5 baht, 1021.50 baht, 1114.95 baht (plus taxes) - depends on the time of day your flight departs.

Air Asia: 800 baht (plus taxes).

Taxes amount to about 200 baht.

Peter

... called the Booking Center and then went to the local 7-Eleven to pay for it - DONE!

Can I pay it online by using credit card?

Yes. http://www.nokair.co.th/html/traveltools/howtopay.html

Valuable info thanks bros :D . I'm wondering what in practise do the words "participating 7-Eleven Counter Service Plus" on the website mean regarding payment after booking with the call center agent.

Is that a limited number of 7-eleven outlets or any of them ?

Does the second logo perhaps indicate the outlet has Counter Service Plus ?

logopay_711.gif

Unfortunately 7-eleven website doesn't seem to list them outlets :D and i'm pretty much on the move :o:D