New Lpg/ngv Sticker Mandatory From Saturday

alex_4000

i just read in today's Nation (?) newspaper that from Saturday no more motorist will be supplied with LPG or NGV at filling stations unless they can provide a certification (windshield sticker). this comes to eliminate unauthorized and dangerous installation of gas tanks, which i find a good move in general...

BUT - where do i get this sticker and what are the rules to obtain it?!

when i bought my car a year ago it came with an LPG tank already installed, so there really is no documentation regarding the tank. will i have to see an authorized company and will a receipt for a recent checkup do? where do i take it from there?

please, anyone heard about this or already obtained the certificate?

From reading article in BangkokPost, i think you can just drive to your landtransport office join the queue ! they will check and approve your system if it passes their criteria. Or possibly you could drive around on benzine for a week or two until the copys start appearing/ask your mate whos car has passed to go and ask for another one as he has just fitted a replacement windscreen bla bla bla ?!. Im sure all will be possible.

From reading article in BangkokPost, i think you can just drive to your landtransport office join the queue !

... now that you mention it ... what a massive line ... how on earth will they be able to provide everyone with a sticker within just a few days ?!

oh well, looks like i will find out today :o

How are they going to INSPECT 200,000 cars in two days before Saturday? The whole point is to assure safety and qualitu of installation.

Then they realise that they don't have enough stickers in each office.

One word - morons.

I have been reading the thread and think I may be able to clear up some confusion.

We had a car converted to LPG in October 2007 when the conversion was finished the installation engineer gave us a red and white sticker.

On this sticker is the car number plate details and a statement saying the car was converted to gas on 04-10-2007. Along with the sticker we were given an engineer certificate for the installation.

We then went to the land transport office with our blue book, sticker and engineer certificate. The transport people then checked the car and

the blue book was endorsed saying it was now a dual fuel car.

So the bottom line is you don't get the "red sticker" from the transport people, the "red sticker" is from the installation engineer along with the engineer certificate.

Please note that the engineer certificate is only valid for 15 days which is apparently the time you have once you have converted to inform the Land transport people that you have had a conversion.

I have a red and white sticker, it was given to me AFTER the visit to the land transport office or whatever, we just paid for it, the garage people went to get it for us (and update the bluebook, too).

I don't know if that sticker will be enough, I surely hope so.

my bluebook mentioned about the lpg conversion. but i didn't get the sticker.......do i have to go land transport?

the law is fairly new, so if your installation is from before that, there were no stickers at that time i'm afraid. have not done it myself because of having to go to work this morning, but land transport sounds best - after all they registered the conversion in the first place ...

I have a certificate from last year when my system was modified, they also gave me a red and white piece of card which has รถ ใช้ ก๊าซ accross the top, this sounds the same as the other persons "sticker". Is this the thing I need to use for filling up or do you have to get something else from the land transport department? My conversion still hasn't been registered properly either although I got part way through the process a few months back but then ran out of time.

Edited by madjbs

I have a certificate from last year when my system was modified, they also gave me a red and white piece of card which has รถ ใช้ ก๊าซ accross the top, this sounds the same as the other persons "sticker". Is this the thing I need to use for filling up or do you have to get something else from the land transport department? My conversion still hasn't been registered properly either although I got part way through the process a few months back but then ran out of time.

I went through the procedure yesterday....

The "sticker" is basically that red card that is issued by the company that installed your lpg system, it comes together with all the paperwork for the land transport department.

with the paperwork and your bluebook or a copy {if your car BB is in the hands of the finance company}

you go to LTD and queue up (yesterday afternoon double lanes filled with cars for the check at Sukumvit)

When it is your turn, open hood and trunk so the staff there can take a copy of your car and gas tank serial numbers, find a parking place and join the queue for the additional paperwork and prepare 125 THB in fees.

For those who have a copy of their BB, the LTD will issue a new paper with the updated information.

Total duration of the procedure.... 2 hours.

Not to pleasant, the paper queue is right next to the car checking lane (open air...) and in the back of the room are the toilets, so you have your choice of exhaust gasses or toilet fumes...

As to the checking/inspection ... none what so ever, comparable how this is handled in EU, here it is a yoke. (on the other hand, good that it is like that, otherwise you would be spending a full day there)

SM...

PS: the red card isn't modified in any way by the LTD, so at a checkpoint there is no way for the police to tell is you are properly registered, or you would have to carry your BB with you....

However the red card is only issued with the LTD paperwork, and those are only valid for 15 days.

So if you would postpone the visit beyond that 15 days, you will need new papers and pay for them (the first set is free)

A secondary consideration on the whole action of the gov't. Now that they have forced all to register, they will probably soon send all of them an additional bill for GAS taxation, an alternative solution to a possible increase of LPG prices.. (this is done in several EU countries, LPG drivers pay an additional road tax)

i just read in today's Nation (?) newspaper that from Saturday no more motorist will be supplied with LPG or NGV at filling stations unless they can provide a certification (windshield sticker).

I will be shocked if any filling station refuses to sell LPG/NGV because no sticker or certification was provided by the motorist. :o

I have the same card you had,, it came with the paperworks from the shop that installed my LPG system . I was told by the shop owner that I can have it inspected at the Land trans Dept at JJ OR I can just look for a certified garage that can do the inspection for me (for a fee)and let them do the paper works at the Land trans Dept,, has anybody tried this I just want to confirm. Thank you !! :o

It has been reported in the papers that the rule prohibiting LPG stations to sell gas to cars without that sticker has been postponed indefinitely.

You are however liable for a fine of 1000 Baht if pulled over by the cops and it is found your paperwork on your LPG installation is not up to date.

Smell :o

The exhaust fumes of a car running on LPG have a very distinct smell, resulting of the additives added to the gas to give it it's strong smell (safety!, LPG is naturally odorless, would be dangerous in case of a leak and not being able to smell it!)

Smell :D

The exhaust fumes of a car running on LPG have a very distinct smell, resulting of the additives added to the gas to give it it's strong smell (safety!, LPG is naturally odorless, would be dangerous in case of a leak and not being able to smell it!)

Up country this may work but with the average air quality/polution in bkk and most of them wearing their "dust" masks, I wish them a lot of luck :o