Uk Customs

denboy

Flying into the UK from Bangkok I realise that the allowance for ciggy's is 200.

However if you fly via Amsterdam, are you allowed to load up to the Euro maximum of 3200 allowance if purchesed in Amsterdam?.

I have made this journey several times but I have never been tempted to try it. Has anyone any direct experience on this subject.

Cheers

Even if you took your bags out at the airport and managed to get through the customs at Schiphol and then reboarded a new and completely seperate flight you would still be breaking the rules despite the fact that you are now importing from the Netherlands.

This is because the duty hasn't been paid in another EU member state.

That's the way I understand it anyway.

Flying into the UK from Bangkok I realise that the allowance for ciggy's is 200.

However if you fly via Amsterdam, are you allowed to load up to the Euro maximum of 3200 allowance if purchesed in Amsterdam?.

I have made this journey several times but I have never been tempted to try it. Has anyone any direct experience on this subject.

Cheers

it is not advisable to do this at amsterdam as all flights from there are routinely checked by the sniffer dogs for drugs. they will smell the tobacco and you will be stopped. hope this helps.

Guest Reimar

Not really Thailand related (even if the flight starts in Bangkok!)and even seeking advice how to bypass customs rules which maybe not legal.

Topic closed.

///CLOSED