Doing Things The Falang Way!

-When I give directions I actually know what I am talking about.

-I show up a couple of minutes early

-When I order food for myself I order an amount I am hoping to consume: not calulating that my plate is included in the groups inventory and that I only have a partial claim to it, but also have a partial claim to several other plates which unfortunately may contain items that are best described as exotic.

- I let people merge into traffic ahead of me, shoulder check, and stop at red lights (OK I used to do that)

Drinking beer for breakfast. Thais can also

Don't go swimming with clothes on.

Taking home skinny woman, that cannot make many babies. Thais can also

Getting Tattoo when drunk. Thais can also

Go home sleeping when sun comes up. Thais can also

Don't like lao khao. Thais with money: samesame

Sorry, only one point.

- Fall in love to a bargirl

- Pay 120 THB for one small Singha

- Sunbathing

- Massage on the beach

- Being over-over happy to meet the super nice local people

- Go to bank office with bikini

- Being rude

- Complaining

- Talking loud in public

- We can read a map, and visualize our position on that map

- We can tell another farang how to drive to our house, and they are able to do so without calling back once

- We can have a phone conversation without saying "Hello!" every five seconds

- We can keep the same phone and SIM for several years

- We will buy the top-of-the-line microwave and sound system, and then haggle over a 150 THB shirt

Thinking cockroaches are disgusting whereas they are actually a delicacy.

Haggling for a 10 Bt discount on a tshirt although we are all millionaires.

Bargain has nothing to do with money, it´s a sport ! :o

Anyway, typical tourist would like you say spend 30 minuites to get a 10 baht discount on a t-shirt, then sit down and have that 120 baht singha and top it off with a 300 baht tip for "good service".

Falang ba!

But they are a few that live good on our behaviour and won´t complain.

As a sidepoint i can say that my (thai) wife ask me from time to time what i do on the computer and i now showed her the to links about thaiway and falangway and read a few of the complaints for her and she just said "this people not have anything more important to do than to sit around and find thigs and subjects to complain about?". Fact being that probably the thais dont care about "them and us" behaviour at all. But offcourse that does not mean that we can´t have our fun! :D

WHEEE! Here we go!

Renting a moto you have no business riding and don't know how to ride.

Acting like drunken frat boys at spring break.

Ogling, baiting and even groping strange women because, well, they must ALL want to shag you, right?

Loudly denigrating and casting aspersions on Thai's character under the guise of "haggling".

Trying to haggle even in a shop where prices are fixed.

Stepping out into traffic after only checking to the left.

*My favorite* Driving a moto with your mouth open! :o

Going to a fast food restaurant such as BK or Mcdonalds and instead of asking for a dinner set insist on making silly demands to the poor staff such as, I only want one gherkin or whopper with cheese meal with no cheese !

Complaining about how crazy the Thais drive whilst sitting in a bar getting pissed..........then driving home.

Laying in the sun all day going dark.

walking on the beach or anywhere else, on a speed that makes them looking like to got to work or to the train station :D

walking around with plastic bottles, every 5 min drinking, because they been hearing it is very important to drink water, like baby's with the milk bottle in the hand, but taking sunbath all day long :D

ordering sweet and sour ....ohhh thai food is sooo good :D

walking in a bikini along the street for shopping :o

going to the beach at sunset, click click and back to the resort, while outside the real spectacle on the sky just starts :D

My wife says... "too many machine". We have a machine for make coffee, chop vegetables, chop meat, mix drinks, sweep the floor, keep ice cold, cook rice and now I have one to cut the grass and one to cut the weeds. She said she's glad they don't have one for make sex, otherwise she thinks she'd never get any. :o

Have never seen cockroaches eaten or even for sale at any of the insect stalls I've seen.

Have never seen cockroaches eaten or even for sale at any of the insect stalls I've seen.

My (isaan-) mates in Bangkok relished them occasionally, some removed the legs first, others not :o . I did not try those cute animals because I'm apparently a culinary douchebag :D . And no they were not grasshoppers but plain cockroaches.

Edited by longtom

My wife says... "too many machine". We have a machine for make coffee, chop vegetables, chop meat, mix drinks, sweep the floor, keep ice cold, cook rice and now I have one to cut the grass and one to cut the weeds. She said she's glad they don't have one for make sex, otherwise she thinks she'd never get any. :o

Well, don't give her a package of D batteries and a you-know-what for her birthday otherwise maybe you won't get any.

My (isaan-) mates in Bangkok relished them occasionally, some removed the legs first, others not :o . I did not try those cute animals because I'm apparently a culinary douchebag :D . And no they were not grasshoppers but plain cockroaches.

Probably water beetles. Look a bit like cockroaches, but aren't..

Probably water beetles. Look a bit like cockroaches, but aren't..

OK, when you insist, I'll tell the guys and my gf that they are a bunch of lying <(insert expletive)>. Will you make a donation for my funeral? :D

Pen Rai, son jai, caring about tomorrow. Not blowing every baht I have in my pocket.

Ha, speak for yourself Shotime. Many farangs I know (ahem) are guilty of this.

One that still gets me cringing is the shoving of the feet on to the headrest of the chair in front when in a minibus/tuk tuk/ferry.

Oh and it used to crack me up when I lived in Nathon when you would see people wandering around in their bikinis...it's so bizarre - they would never do that pooping into town in Milton Keynes or wherever they are from, so why do it there? Chaweng is a little more understandable, but there isn't even a beach in Nathon!

Drinking beer for breakfast.

Taking home skinny woman, that cannot make many babies.

Getting Tattoo when drunk.

Go home sleeping when sun comes up.

Don't like lao khao.

Love it ! PLUS :

Sitting nud_e on the sofa, watching soccer, smoking cigarettes, drinking beer and thinking about to order a 4 Cheese Pizza with extra Blue Cheese on it :o

Drinking beer for breakfast.

Taking home skinny woman, that cannot make many babies.

Getting Tattoo when drunk.

Go home sleeping when sun comes up.

Don't like lao khao.

Love it ! PLUS :

Sitting nud_e on the sofa, watching soccer, smoking cigarettes, drinking beer and thinking about to order a 4 Cheese Pizza with extra Blue Cheese on it :o

Yes... what's wrong going around naked in your own home.

And they can never, never understand the concept of a sauna.

Some guys sitting naked, drinking beer and throwing water on warm rocks to get up the heat.

And everyone on KPG, we have a Finnish sauna on Chaweng.

Edited by PoorSucker