How Do I Make Contact With A Banned Member?

unhappyfarang

Over the past month or so I have been exchanging messages with a Thaivisa board member. Without going into too much detail, I have been going through a pretty tough time in the UK and the person I was exchanging messages with helped me considerably, in a supportive sense.

It came as a suprise when, after a break in contact, I tried to message the member but the message wouldn't "go". I then noticed, looking at the members profile - that they have been banned. I don't know why, but that isn't my concern.

I'm a bit of a brainless f***er and the answer is probably obvious. No doubt any replies to this post will soon make me aware of that. Could I post up an email adress, again assuming the banned member still "stops by" the forum for a look?

Thanks fella's ( and gals)

Over the past month or so I have been exchanging messages with a Thaivisa board member. Without going into too much detail, I have been going through a pretty tough time in the UK and the person I was exchanging messages with helped me considerably, in a supportive sense.

It came as a suprise when, after a break in contact, I tried to message the member but the message wouldn't "go". I then noticed, looking at the members profile - that they have been banned. I don't know why, but that isn't my concern.

I'm a bit of a brainless f***er and the answer is probably obvious. No doubt any replies to this post will soon make me aware of that. Could I post up an email adress, again assuming the banned member still "stops by" the forum for a look?

Who was the banned member ? - perhaps we can recognise what name he is NOW posting under.

(Is it wise to be consorting with a banned member?)

Who was the banned member ? - perhaps we can recognise what name he is NOW posting under.

Is He/she is a murderer :o?? he/she has only been banned, so i don't think the OP has anything to worry about :D

Edited by Tatler

Don't think the Mods are too keen on email addresses.

But go on, put up his name and then maybe we can organise a vote whether we think he should unbanned, possibly leading to a petition. :D One uv our bruvvers 'as lost 'is voice. :o

Are we living in a free democratic forum or is it a dictatorship run by tyrants?

The hoi palloi want to know.

please remember that discussion of moderation is not allowed on the board.

if you have specific question I suggest you contact Admin at

support [@] thaivisa . com

... It came as a suprise when, after a break in contact, I tried to message the member but the message wouldn't "go". I then noticed, looking at the members profile - that they have been banned...

Could I post up an email adress, again assuming the banned member still "stops by" the forum for a look?

I thought I had the solution for you but when I tested it I saw that it does not work. When you signed up as a member on ThaiVisa you had to give an email address. Then you had the option whether or not to allow people to send you emails to that address, which remains hidden on ThaiVisa, and you selected that option. However, my test showed that only registered members can send emails.

The reason for not allowing email addresses in posts is for the protection of members, ie to prevent addresses from getting onto the list of spammers. I don’t know much about how this works but I understand there are some professionals out there who use special programs to search the web on a continuous basis for email addresses and then sell these addresses to commercial spammers.

So now I am wondering if there is another way for you to make your email address know to guest readers of ThaiVisa. As we are in Forum Support here and as this may be of interest to other members I am asking this here rather than ask an admin privately. In our profile there is a field for “Personal Statement”. Is the text placed here searchable on the web? (I did a test and I think it is not) If it is not searchable, is a member allowed to put his email address in his Personal Statement? Hopefully, an admin knowing the answer will come and post it here.

--

Maestro

Guest Reimar
... It came as a suprise when, after a break in contact, I tried to message the member but the message wouldn't "go". I then noticed, looking at the members profile - that they have been banned...

Could I post up an email adress, again assuming the banned member still "stops by" the forum for a look?

I thought I had the solution for you but when I tested it I saw that it does not work. When you signed up as a member on ThaiVisa you had to give an email address. Then you had the option whether or not to allow people to send you emails to that address, which remains hidden on ThaiVisa, and you selected that option. However, my test showed that only registered members can send emails.

The reason for not allowing email addresses in posts is for the protection of members, ie to prevent addresses from getting onto the list of spammers. I don't know much about how this works but I understand there are some professionals out there who use special programs to search the web on a continuous basis for email addresses and then sell these addresses to commercial spammers.

So now I am wondering if there is another way for you to make your email address know to guest readers of ThaiVisa. As we are in Forum Support here and as this may be of interest to other members I am asking this here rather than ask an admin privately. In our profile there is a field for "Personal Statement". Is the text placed here searchable on the web? (I did a test and I think it is not) If it is not searchable, is a member allowed to put his email address in his Personal Statement? Hopefully, an admin knowing the answer will come and post it here.

--

Maestro

I'm not 100% sure but at the time the banned member was sign up with TV there is an option in My Controls to receive E-Mails from other members. If the banned member has allowed that maybe other members still can send e-mails to him. Maybe worth a test.

Just my 2 Satang.

Cheers.

The reason for not allowing email addresses in posts is for the protection of members, ie to prevent addresses from getting onto the list of spammers. I don’t know much about how this works but I understand there are some professionals out there who use special programs to search the web on a continuous basis for email addresses and then sell these addresses to commercial spammers.

So now I am wondering if there is another way for you to make your email address know to guest readers of ThaiVisa. As we are in Forum Support here and as this may be of interest to other members I am asking this here rather than ask an admin privately. In our profile there is a field for “Personal Statement”. Is the text placed here searchable on the web? (I did a test and I think it is not) If it is not searchable, is a member allowed to put his email address in his Personal Statement? Hopefully, an admin knowing the answer will come and post it here.

--

Maestro

Surely MiG has inadvertently supplied the answer.

me [at] wherever . com

Cheers

Yes, that’s where unhappyfarang could start. Look at the profile of the ex-member in question and if he/she has the email option activated, click on it, send your message and see if it goes through.

--

Maestro

Is He/she is a murderer :D?? he/she has only been banned, so i don't think the OP has anything to worry about :D

Can't be too careful though -- why take chances? :o

please remember that discussion of moderation is not allowed on the board.

if you read the rules nothing is allowed on here.i would certainly vote for a guy if i thought he was unfairly dealt with by mods.A couple of guys i speak to regular seem to get banned but we cannot find out why or for how long.we never even get chance for discussion and there seems to be some people on here that get banned for things that others dont get banned for.After speaking to a few guys on here one thing stands out thats very unfair but i cannot talk about it else i will get banned also.welcome to china guys and gals.