Red Jaguar - Bull

Abandon

The US car giant Ford today announced the sale of its Jaguar formula one cars to Red Bull, the Austrian energy drink firm.

Ford put the Jaguar team up for sale in September as it announced plans to reorganise Jaguar's operations in the UK in the face of heavy financial losses. Ford said it could no longer afford to be part of formula one.

"We are really looking forward to our first formula one season with Jaguar," Red Bull said in a statement. "This step is a provisional summit of our 10-year involvement in motor sport."

Red Bull, owned by billionaire Dietrich Mateschitz and based in Fuschl am See, has been involved in motor sport for more than a decade and owned a majority stake in the Sauber team until 2002.

continued.. http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0...1351773,00.html

The news clippings section will not allow me to post there for some reason.

Wasn't Thailand once applying for Formula 1 in Pattaya?

:(

Correct. -_-

Also on the Thai related thing… :wub:

I have seen Jag’s in Thailand. I drive a Tiger, Jags are must faster though. :D

In addition F1 races are shown in THAILAND LIVE :D – hence the Thai connection :D – and last but not least, they sell Red Bull here…………… :)

:D:)

Thai Related me think :o

• 4 months later...

Actually, I thought the Red Bull story was that the Austrian travelled to Thailand a lot, and did business with the people who made KratingDaeng (Thai Red Bull).

Supposedly, he drank it to get over his jet lag.

Anyway, to cut the story short, I thought Red Bull was set up by him as a joint venture (or partnership) with the Thais. As in Red Bull is (or at least used to be) 50% Thai owned.

Is that enough of a Thai connection?