A Man With Criminal Records Is Offensively

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: August 15th 2008

A MAN WITH CRIMINAL RECORDS OFFENSIVELY SHOT DEAD

Pattaya - A carefully well-planned murder of the very skilled gunman was brutally occurred in front of witnesses at a snooker pub. The dead person was related to many criminal cases. Police authorities are investigating the case closely.

Pol.Maj. Winai Ho-ruen, Banglamung police investigator was notified on August 14th, 2008, at 10.30 pm, a man was shot dead at Huey-yai Nakorn community radio station, FM 97.5 MHz, on Huey-yai – Sukhumvit Road, Banglamung, Chonburi. Pol.Lt.Col. Saralpat Yosombat, deputy investigation superintendent then led police team with Sawang Boriboon rescue to the crime scene.

In front of the community radio station, at the snooker tables area, police found the body of Mr. Prawat Changwal or nickname "Click" (25), from Chonburi, was lying dead under a snooker table. He was wearing a white T-shirt and a blue jeans. He had sustained one gunshot on his left shoulder and 3 shots on his head. His body was cover with a pool of blood. Police found the evidence of 5 bullet cases of .11mm gun and 4 bullet heads around the area.

Miss Saithong Janwilai (26), victim's girlfriend, who witnessed the offensively murder said that Mr. Click's family ran Jet-ski and Banana boat renting business on Jomtien beach. At the night of the murder, they were enjoying with their friends, playing snooker game.

During the 2nd game, suddenly, there was a black pickup truck, which she did not get any other descriptions of it, pulled in. The man from the passenger seat, (35-40), got out of the truck and moved toward her boyfriend. He was wearing a black T-shirt, jeans, a black cap and canvas shoes. Unexpectedly, he pulled a gun out and fired it at her boyfriend. Mr. Click collapsed on the floor. The gunman then, pointed the gun on Mr. Click's head and shot continuously until he was dead.

Before leaving the crime scene, the gunman also harshly slapped on Miss Saithong face and said to her to get out of the business. Everyone at the scene was frightened and running away.

Miss Saithong said the gunman walked calmly back to the truck and the driver was driving away rapidly, heading to Sukhumvit road. Miss Saithong told the police that she had never seen the gunman before.

According to the police investigation, the victim had borrowed money from his friends for 50,000 Baht to gamble in football games and still could not pay it back. Three months ago, he was shot and injured in a Pattaya pub but managed to escape. Miss Saithong said, her boyfriend was always living cautiously of this enemy who he told her that the enemy was from Southern part of Thailand.

Police also revealed that Mr. "Click" had a few criminal records; he used to be arrested in Yah Bah (Amphetamine) dealer business and involving with a gang in raping a woman on Jomtien beach 4 years ago but he had managed to get away with it. Lately, he was still consuming Yah Bah, which was possibly relating to a betraying inside the drugs ring business.

Police are investigating several possible motives for this murder includes adulterous behavior. Police also said that the murder was carefully planned and the gunman was very skilled. A police artist will develop sketches of the killers based on witness descriptions, to find the real cause of this brutal killing in order to arrest the suspect as soon as possible.

I try to remind myself that there are a lot of non-native speakers writing things out there. I guess I am a bit more forgiving than some. I am glad it was posted as it is an interesting story. Sad, but interesting.

The victim doesn't seem like someone I would have wanted to accidently cross!

Ya gotta love the descriptive writing , but what the H..l are Bullet Heads???............Bald , Steroid taking witnessess ??

:o

Nah, those guys apparently hang out on various street corners in Pattaya (according to another thread). :D

They must have been referring to the slugs from the fired rounds.

(ps: 11mm = .45 calibre)

The Nation also has very poor writing skills

You would think that they would employee a native speaker to proof read...

Sad part is, they probably do have native speakers as proof readers ! :o

I've seen a lot of (allegedly) native speakers that spoke/wrote worse than that (and from what I've heard, a number of them are teachers).