The Ex-ante Flush

Andrew Hicks

Continuing my occasional series of empirical research topics on important apects of Thai culture, I'd like to put this one to you.

I have observed that when 'Thai girls' make use of a western style toilet they flush first BEFORE sitting thereupon.

Why is this so even when the bowl is clean and unsullied?

Fear of the unknown that could lurk therein perhaps? A desire to waste water and increase global warming, or wot?

Have you observed similar or other bizarre hong nahm practices in Thai girls?

Please pull the plug and tell all.

Edited by Andrew Hicks

Are you a pervert?

Its been my experience thai girls dont appreciate being watched when using toilet.

Yes, I am a pervert but, though no longer in the first flush of youth, I can still hear the flow of the cistern without even pressing an ear to the closed door.

This phenomenon has come to my attention reluctantly.

Continuing my occasional series of empirical research topics on important apects of Thai culture, I'd like to put this one to you.

I have observed that when 'Thai girls' make use of a western style toilet they flush first BEFORE sitting thereupon.

Why is this so even when the bowl is clean and unsullied?

Fear of the unknown that could lurk therein perhaps? A desire to waste water and increase global warming, or wot?

Have you observed similar or other bizarre hong nahm practices in Thai girls?

Please pull the plug and tell all.

Andrew, I'm not sure why you are researching this, unles this is going to feature heavily in your next book?

Maybe, some of the members may be able to help with a title. :o

Thai Toilet Girl, perhaps?

Haven't you ever taken a crap in a toilet and had the "mud" stick to the bowl even after you flushed?

If you flush BEFORE "blowing mud" it won't stick to the toilet because now the toilet bowl is wet.

This is the reason many Thais flush before crapping.

Not really so bizarre after all is it?

The only bizarro thing is I knew the answer....... :o

Yes, I am a pervert but, though no longer in the first flush of youth, I can still hear the flow of the cistern without even pressing an ear to the closed door.

How are the eyes? Maybe you left a floater and didn't see it....

Or it could just be scaring the ghosts away..

The preflushing is done to keep the snakes away, by preflushing it is washed further down in the sewerpipes which gives enough time for a relaxed pinkle or whatever it is that needs to be done..

Edited by Carib

Haven't you ever taken a crap in a toilet and had the "mud" stick to the bowl even after you flushed?

If you flush BEFORE "blowing mud" it won't stick to the toilet because now the toilet bowl is wet.

This is the reason many Thais flush before crapping.

Not really so bizarre after all is it?

The only bizarro thing is I knew the answer....... :o

I guess you have not witnessed the power of my "mud".... :D

How is this thread not insulting to thai girls?

Yes quick lets ban everything, soon there will be no nasty internet or nasty people posting nasty things. The world will be saved.

"Political correctness" hadn't been thought of yet, and people weren't ready for life-style fascists bent on banning everything they disagree with & imposing their ascetic views on us

Edited by Cobalt60

Are you a pervert?

Its been my experience thai girls dont appreciate being watched when using toilet.

I don't think "pervert" is the right word. I think the right word is "<deleted>".

The preflushing is done to keep the snakes away, by preflushing it is washed further down in the sewerpipes which gives enough time for a relaxed pinkle or whatever it is that needs to be done..

Then the snakes can crawl up the pipe again and back into the bowl to wait for the next unsuspecting victim. :o

Then the snakes can crawl up the pipe again and back into the bowl to wait for the next unsuspecting victim. :o

True, but also ....to catch the ducks...

I bet if someone started a thread about farang women moving their bowels it wouldnt last long here.

You seriously underestimate the bottomless cesspit (pun intended) of toilet humour that TVers can both (de)posit and regurgitate ad infinitum within a variety of formats and sections. Thai, farang, Outer Mongolian, the bowel or vowel movement is irrelevant to the subject in hand. Has the penny dropped yet, or are you going to refuse to let the matter drop? Please don't cling-on to notions of imagined racism, where none exist. :o

Please don't cling-on to notions of imagined racism, where none exist. :D

I dislike cling-ons, which is why I prefer a quick shower after to clean up.

:D

Cling-ons can easily be handled by Capt Kirk and the photon bum gun ! :D

One of the bum guns in one of my bathrooms is powerful enough to destroy Klingon battle cruisers and peel paint off the walls. I don't use it (often). :o

I haven't noticed any hong nam behaivour that I would consider odd. I've had the g/f come in and use the toilet while I've been shaving, but she always closes the door when she gets in first and I don't intrude (at least not until I hear the shower start running). :D