Yoga

tamsin

• 9 months later...

HI

i teach classes in naiharn and i am not the mad canadian....ha not sure who that is but sounds unpleasant. i teach private and groups if you are still wanting to find a class PM me and i will contact you further.

kim white

HI

i teach classes in naiharn and i am not the mad canadian....ha not sure who that is but sounds unpleasant. i teach private and groups if you are still wanting to find a class PM me and i will contact you further.

kim white

"The mad Canadian"??? The woman in question is a well-qualified Ashtanga yoga instructor with a lovely shala and a very loyal following of students. She's lived in Phuket nearly 2 decades and is neither crazy nor angry (depending on what, exactly was meant by "mad") and in fact is a lovely and friendly person. There's not a single thing "mad" about her, which is much, much more than I can say about plenty of people claiming to be "yoga instructors" around here.

And yes, I realize you were just quoting the OP.

Sukkho Spa teaches Ashtanga yoga as well, Kata Hot Yoga (Bikram) just opened up in Kata and is quite good, there is Bikram in Kathu and Tomasz from the old Central studio has opened his own studio on the north of the island. Google will help out with links, if anyone is still interested.

Atsumi & Friendship both in Nai Harn/Rawai are detox centres & have yoga every morning & I am sure would welcome casuals for yoga without having to be internally cleansed beforehand.

I too know the Canadian lady, never considered her to be mad but rather a compassionate person.

I too know the Canadian lady, never considered her to be mad but rather a compassionate person.

I know a Canadian Yoga teacher here, she's part Filipina, not only is she not mad, but has to be one of the prettiest ladies in Phuket.

Aside from her good looks, she's a great person and I've been told an outstanding instructor.

PM me if you want her email.

I can say that I started doing Hot Yoga in Kata and am totally hooked and I have never been a fan of yoga but always thought I "should" be doing it.

I have also never been one to enjoy fitness classes but this is just so different.

I was never able to get up early and now I can, i have more energy and in a short time my body changed, got firmer that even my friends noticed. It does not matter what your ability is and is not competitive. However I have seen some very fit looking guys with big muscles probably get one of the best workouts of their lives!!

The classes are very mixed with thai/farang male/female

I have been going for over 2 months now .. and a lot of my lower back pain has gone away..

The owner is Dutch and he is also the head instructor

http://www.katahotyoga.com/

PM me if you have any questions.

By the way the "Canadian Yoga teacher here, she's part Filipina" will be out of Thailand for a few months.

• 2 months later...

Are there also Thai yogateachers there? I used to follow Asthanga classes from a Thai couple in Chiang Rai, which I enjoyed very much. They hardly spoke English, but no problem at all.

Most of the time I was the only foreigner and I paid 50 baht per lesson :)

Totally different than the 450 baht Phuket price. Anyway, will follow this topic.

• 4 weeks later...