Do I Qualify For Non-imm O

Wondering from those in the know... I've been here 3 years with a non-imm B visa which expires next month. I have recently sold current company and am looking for a new business. My farrang wife is with me and she has always had non-imm O. We have more than 800,000 baht in Thai bank but I have four years to wait for geezer visa. Can I apply for non-imm O while I am looking for a business? If yes, would that be one year or three month? If yes, do I have to leave the Kingdom or apply at immigration? Any and all advise appreciated!

You can not obtain such a visa in Thailand or from most Consulates outside Thailand. It is issued to those married to Thai, those on retirement and such. Few Consulates will issue for visiting 'friends' anymore. You would likely have to apply in Europe, USA or OZ.

And a very bad idea. A Consulate issued Thai visa is not valid if you are in Thailand at the time issued. So they have to move passport across borders falsely obtaining stamps. In the age of terrorist activity that means wanted number one could be using your passport for travel. I would not like to explain that. If all ran well you would have a visa that could be challenged on any entry by a sharp officer (and computers are making most very sharp these days). Don't ever use an agency unless you travel with your passport out of Thailand.

And a very bad idea. A Consulate issued Thai visa is not valid if you are in Thailand at the time issued. So they have to move passport across borders falsely obtaining stamps. In the age of terrorist activity that means wanted number one could be using your passport for travel. I would not like to explain that. If all ran well you would have a visa that could be challenged on any entry by a sharp officer (and computers are making most very sharp these days). Don't ever use an agency unless you travel with your passport out of Thailand.

If your refering to my post, the agency was recommended by the Thai immigration department.

The applicant would have to leave the country with documents provided by the agency to obtain the visa.

The agency simply provides the applicant with all the correct paper work to gaurantee a visa.

Edited by CCCP

From what you say, the 'agent' does a great deal more than fill in a Thai Visa application. If the visa is issued abroad while the applicant is not in the jurisdiction of the issuing Thai Embassy/ Consulate, the visa is invalid. The penalties include being locked up in the IDC, and deportation ( and that will get the punter on the black list. ie. never to return to Thailand )

If your refering to my post, the agency was recommended by the Thai immigration department.

The applicant would have to leave the country with documents provided by the agency to obtain the visa.

The agency simply provides the applicant with all the correct paper work to gaurantee a visa.

I remember your post in July http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/b-Visa-and-W...it-t200758.html where you stated that the service you used 'was above board'

You also promised to post details later after you checked with your lawyer; but you have not posted again on that thread to date.

Edited by digitalchromakey