90 Day Reporting

I renewed my 1 year visa on the same day that I was supposed to report  .I did not report and get a receipt .Will I be fined or does that renewal count as a 90 day report?

I'm assuming you mean you either applied for or received your visa extension on the same day you were supposed to report. In either case, this does not satisfy the 90 day reporting (unfortunately).

Ken is correct. Only two things satisfy the 90-day reporting requirement:

1) Leaving the country and re-entering witha fresh TM Card

2) Executing a 90 day reporting transaction in Room 401 at Soi Suan Phlu - either in person, or by mail.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

wwww.thaistartup.com

Guess it depends on the immigration office as mine counts any official visit to immigration as reporting. I renewed my one year visa in sept, went back in oct (got passport stamped) and then again this month to check if it had arrived. It had arrived so they gave me a little note telling me I need to do my 90 day reporting in Feb.

Unless you are dealing with those sticklers in Bkk I suggest you ask your immigration officer when you need to do your 90 day reporting.

Guess it depends on the immigration office as mine counts any official visit to immigration as reporting. I renewed my one year visa in sept, went back in oct (got passport stamped) and then again this month to check if it had arrived. It had arrived so they gave me a little note telling me I need to do my 90 day reporting in Feb.

Unless you are dealing with those sticklers in Bkk I suggest you ask your immigration officer when you need to do your 90 day reporting.

I went to the Nong Khai immigration today.He looked at my I yr renewal on Aug.24th,then at my reporting slip stating that my next 90 day reporting date was Aug.24th,then he stated that I did not report on Aug.24th,therefore he could not accept my 90 day slip today.He said ''no problem,we don't charge you 2000 baht,you save your money,we don't make important.When you leave the country and come back,you report after 90 days,no problem.We are nopt so serious here.''

Several other falangs living in Nong Khai have told me that they have been told that they did not have to report every 90 days.Now I believe them!

Up to you, but I am not willing to break the law on that one, sure as the sun gets up, one day you will find a grumpy immigration official.

All you need to do is grab a handful of forms and fill them out at leisure, get your wife or G/F to drop them in when they go into town etc.

Re BKK stan comments

Nong Khai have a stated policy allowing 90 day reporting +/- 7 days.

I would suggest that the immigration official was telling people they did not have to report exactly every 90 days.

Thai immigration have their own website and forum.

They are sometimes scathing about inaccurate advice too frequently given in other forums. They mean this one but are too polite to say so. I'm not.