Tesco Lotus

lifeisrandom

-items placed on any shelf cause people are too lazy to return it to the right place

-the customers shopping there have a certain aura to them. Hard describe it but it makes you both thankful for your luck in life and uncomfortable at the same time.

i feel like i am back in the USA whenever i go into one.

Its a harsh dose of humanity but I think its good for those of us trapped in the CBD to go inside a Tesco Lotus every now and then.

Edited by lifeisrandom

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know what Tescos you shop in or what CBD means but my local Tesco has a very pleasant atmosphere. As for Ghetto, perhaps you don't understand the meaning of the word....

ghetto |ˈgɛtəʊ|

noun ( pl. -tos or -toes)

a part of a city, esp. a slum area, occupied by a minority group or groups.

• historical the Jewish quarter in a city : the Warsaw Ghetto.

• an isolated or segregated group or area : the relative security of the gay ghetto.

verb ( -toes, -toed) [ trans. ]

put in or restrict to an isolated or segregated area or group.

ORIGIN early 17th cent.: perhaps from Italian getto ‘foundry’ (because the first ghetto was established in 1516 on the site of a foundry in Venice), or from Italian borghetto, diminutive of borgo ‘borough.’

My Local Tescos is far from a ghetto. It's full of local residents doing their shopping.

ghetto is a slang word in modern pop culture.

20 guys in the back of a pick up - thats ghetto.

a six pack of yogurt in the tissue paper section - thats ghetto.

a half eaten apple hidden behind the soy sauce display - thats ghetto.

a farang shopping with his teerak who is wearing his over sized 100 baht Thailand Elephant tshirt - thats ghetto.

mom shopping with her five kids under the age of 10 - thats ghetto.

Edited by lifeisrandom

a farang shopping with his teerak who is wearing his over sized 100 baht Thailand Elephant tshirt - thats ghetto.

You're funny. :o

You're funny. :D

Sorry, i'm falling behind here. :o "funny" must be a slang word for something else right?

You're funny. :D

Sorry, i'm falling behind here. :o "funny" must be a slang word for something else right?

I think he meant to post in jingthing's 'sarcasm' thread and got confused.

Never heard it used in any of those contexts. Pretty oblique if any of them are true.

I've noticed people munching through grapes almost by the bunch in Tesco, "trying the produce". :o

None of the staff seem to bat an eyelid.

Yes, this often amazes me in supermarkets in general. I saw some guy just keep eating and eating mangoes. He must have eaten more than a whole one.

I wonder what would happen if I decided to open a can of beer and try that? :D

i must have been hallucinating but i could swear the check out girl was named Shemeka

Not many Tescos in the ghettos. It's a British company. Are there any in US ?

I shop at a Tesco at Fortune Town, it's not great, but it's clean and has a selection of healthy farang foods, eg, whole wheat bread, baking pots.

Not as good as Carrefour, but a big thumbs up from mommysboy.

Don't know what Tescos you shop in or what CBD means but my local Tesco has a very pleasant atmosphere. As for Ghetto, perhaps you don't understand the meaning of the word....

ghetto |ˈgɛtəʊ|

noun ( pl. -tos or -toes)

a part of a city, esp. a slum area, occupied by a minority group or groups.

• historical the Jewish quarter in a city : the Warsaw Ghetto.

• an isolated or segregated group or area : the relative security of the gay ghetto.

verb ( -toes, -toed) [ trans. ]

put in or restrict to an isolated or segregated area or group.

ORIGIN early 17th cent.: perhaps from Italian getto ‘foundry’ (because the first ghetto was established in 1516 on the site of a foundry in Venice), or from Italian borghetto, diminutive of borgo ‘borough.’

My Local Tescos is far from a ghetto. It's full of local residents doing their shopping.

CBD means Central Business District. I assume he's in BKK. If the OP is American, he should know what a real getto looks like. Just check out any major American city. I have seen nothing like such conditions in Thailand.

CBD means Central Business District. I assume he's in BKK. If the OP is American, he should know what a real getto looks like. Just check out any major American city. I have seen nothing like such conditions in Thailand.

Thanks for that a2396. Now i understand the relevance. My local Tesco Lotus is the CBD!

tesco lotus = walmart

same everything

A world of difference.

Walmart = "Every Day Low Prices!"

Tesco Lotus = "Every Day Low Price"

:o

List of differences between wal mart and tesco:

Walmart: More Selection, Open 24 hours, Way more staff, Cleaner, More organized, They sell EVERYTHING imaginable in Wal Mart

Tesco: Less Mexicans, rude staff, no selections, advocados are too expensive, no lemons, repetitive annoying thai songs (everyone knows that song), thais cut you in line and think they can get away with it

Ps: I could go ON and ON and ON about why Wal Mart is MUCH better then Tesco...

tesco lotus = walmart

same everything

I've never been to Tesco, but I know what you mean. I would think of it more like Sears used to be rather than Walmart. I would stand outside and watch the people, and it looked like they were from a different planet. Like the movie where if you fell asleep, a pod body would take your place. Sears was where the replacement people went to shop.

-items placed on any shelf cause people are too lazy to return it to the right place

-the customers shopping there have a certain aura to them. Hard describe it but it makes you both thankful for your luck in life and uncomfortable at the same time.

Its a harsh dose of humanity but I think its good for those of us trapped in the CBD to go inside a Tesco Lotus every now and then.

i shop in tesco's almost daily and all the staff are pleasant and helpful ,yes sometimes items are put in the wrong place but its soon rectified.before tesco lotus i shop at the market and got old veg and rotton meat,thank god i have a tesco to go in

Careful, some other poor buggars are up on a 1bn baht lawsuit for saying less. LOL