Visa Help Please

Hi

I am currently in Thailand on a 60 day Tourist visa which is due to expire on 1 september 2008. I know I have the option to extend this by 30 days. My questions is I am now staying in Thailand till November 2008 ( I have a flight booked) as I have family living here in thailand and I have extended my stay to spend time with them. Do I have the option to apply for a Non - Immigrant Visa on the basis of extended family visit? If so, what is the process for applying?

My other question would be, if I wasn't able to get the Non - Immigrant Visa, can I apply for another tourist visa? Or is this not possible while in the country? If I extend my tourist visa by 30 days, then I still have another 30 or so in the country... I hope this makes some sense, any advice would be great..

many thanks

You can not obtain any visa while in the country. Only those who qualify for extension of stay for one year are allowed that option. I assume you do not have a Thai spouse or child you are visiting?

If you have a 60 day tourist visa you should be able to obtain 30 day visa exempt entry by just leaving to another country and returning so would advise to extend your current stay and then make the visa exempt entry.

You can not obtain any visa while in the country. Only those who qualify for extension of stay for one year are allowed that option. I assume you do not have a Thai spouse or child you are visiting?

If you have a 60 day tourist visa you should be able to obtain 30 day visa exempt entry by just leaving to another country and returning so would advise to extend your current stay and then make the visa exempt entry.

Thanks for your reply. My father is living here in Thailand so I am visiting him and my siblings. As I am now staying in Thailand till November meaning I have 2 months or so. So I can extend my current permit by 30 days or exit the country, my queston is how strict are they in the amount of days you stay as I heard they are starting to get strict?

Thanks for your reply. My father is living here in Thailand so I am visiting him and my siblings. As I am now staying in Thailand till November meaning I have 2 months or so. So I can extend my current permit by 30 days or exit the country, my queston is how strict are they in the amount of days you stay as I heard they are starting to get strict?

What you want to do is extend your visa by 30 days, THEN exit the country.

They are only strict on how many days you spend on visa exempt stamps, and restrict that to 90 days in any 6 month period. Any time spent on proper visas (which you currently have) or extensions does not count towards your 90 days.

They are only strict on how many days you spend on visa exempt stamps, and restrict that to 90 days in any 6 month period. Any time spent on proper visas (which you currently have) or extensions does not count towards your 90 days.

Thanks.. I wasn't sure if they counted the days also on a proper visa... one last question, we are planning a trip to Laos, I will have to extend my current tourist visa before then, will I be able to apply for another 60 tourist visa at the thai embassy in Laos??

Thanks.. I wasn't sure if they counted the days also on a proper visa... one last question, we are planning a trip to Laos, I will have to extend my current tourist visa before then, will I be able to apply for another 60 tourist visa at the thai embassy in Laos??

Your visa will no longer be valid if you leave Thailand for Laos unless you get a reentry permit. It depends on your situation. You can get another tourist visa in Vientiane.

Yes you can apply for another tourist visa, there are no restrictions on these other than the local consulate's willingness to issue them, and Vientienne is apparently very friendly at the moment.

It depends on when you plan to return and the type of visa you will have in the future as to whether this is worthwhile. On the other hand it will save you a border run at the end Sept/ start Oct.